PDA

View Full Version : Bass Pro Shops Spring Fishing Classic

Rancho Bass Pro
02-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi,
My name is Levi Slocum and I am the fishing manager at Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga. I'd like to invite you all to our Free show called the Spring Fishing Classic where there will be numerous seminars, vendors, Kids fish ponds, exclusive items only for our show, and our Reel Trade-In.

Some exclusives are:
RoboWorm will have 3 New Colors with only 500 Bags per color!
Tady Lures will have 3 New Colors in the Tady 45 Irons
Accurate will have an exclusive 7" plier with a special edition color only 75 Available!
Huddleston will have a Special color, signed and numbered baits

Here is our seminar listing for the first weekend!

Friday February 27th
2:00pm Matt Newman Tru-Tungsten
3:00pm Jimmy Decker- Saltwater Fishing
4:00pm James Smiley- Lucky Craft, Pure Fishing, Tru-Tungsten, Costa Del Mar
5:00pm Steve Carson- Metal Jigs
6:00pm Bob Clouser-Fly Fishing for Smallmouth Bass Top to Bottom
7:00pm Mike Gardner- Inshore Fishing

Saturday February 28th
10:00am Wendy Tochihara- Izorline and Knots
11:00am Steve Carson- San Diego Long Range 3 to 6 days
12:00pm Mike Gardner-Light Tackle Inshore Saltwater
1:00pm Don Iovino- Lowrance
2:00pm Ken Huddleston & Butch Brown- Swimbaits
3:00pm Jimmy Decker- Pure Fishing
4:00pm Steve Carson-Baja's East Cape/Cabo region

Sunday March 1st
11:00am Steve Carson-Urban Trout
12:00pm Alton Jones-Learning to Follow Bass Super Highways
1:00pm Brian Snowden- Tournament Preparation
2:00pm Steve Carson- Saltwater Trolling with Rapalas
3:00pm Brian Snowden- Tournament Preparation
4:00pm Randy Pringle-Pre Spawn Fishing Made Easy
5:00pm Mike Gardner & Jimmy Decker- Fun Saltwater Fishing

I hope to see most of you there and feel free to ask for me if you have any questions! Just remember there is so much more to list but only seeing is believing!

That Dang Guy
02-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Good morning. The weekend sounds fun! I was just curious about the reel trade in program, specifically about Shimano. Are they not in the program again this year?

DarkShadow
02-24-2009, 11:26 AM
I was just curious about the reel trade in program, specifically about Shimano. Are they not in the program again this year?

Nope.

BassPro actually says it in the back of the flier.

Can anyone post the exact wording they use?

BassFreak
02-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I believe this is the fine print..

"SHIMANO reels are excluded as they have decided not to support the youth reel trade-in program."

I dont know if theres any truth to it, but have heard this is pretty much what they do every year..

Fisherman57
02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I read that too......

Bass Pro states on their current circular:

"Applies to prices marked. This program does not apply to any combo purchase or fly reels. Limit one coupon per new reel. SHIMANO reels are excluded as they have decided not to support the youth reel tade in program".

The circular can also be viewed on their website...

DarkShadow
02-24-2009, 11:52 AM
I believe this is the fine print..

"SHIMANO reels are excluded as they have decided not to support the youth reel trade-in program."

Haha, why not just use an asterisk, instead of puttin' them on blast?

The wording makes it seem like Shimano does not support "the youth."

I'm sure Shimano is happy about those choice words. :ROFL:

Troutman65
02-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Very :Cool: Jimmy will be having fun there. :Envious:

That Dang Guy
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
From what I understand, Shimano used to be part of the program but other vendors complained about BPS ability to discount prices while they could not. Kinda harsh words for the ad to say, but what can ya do? I'll still buy stuff from them. The new Roboworm sexy shad color is nice.

Rancho Bass Pro
02-25-2009, 05:35 PM
The 3 new RoboWorm Colors have never been released before.

SXE SHAD is a great color though!

NoHo ART
02-25-2009, 08:13 PM
so what are the dates for T/O's seminars any 411 on that ?

a biley
02-27-2009, 10:51 PM
So what color robos were there?

Rancho Bass Pro
02-28-2009, 01:15 PM
1. Martens Madness
2. Kerrlious
3.Ehrler's Edge

a biley
02-28-2009, 01:45 PM
1. Martens Madness
2. Kerrlious
3.Ehrler's Edge

any pictures? and is there any left, I might go tomorrow

smitty99
02-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Biley, I bought the last two bags. I'll sell ya one for $25.

:LOL:

a biley
02-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Biley, I bought the last two bags. I'll sell ya one for $25.

:LOL:

ef that! lol i'll stick with the black grape, margarita, and now the oxblood! that oxblood red flake landed me and my buddy 10 bass in 2 hrs... including the bass in my avatar!

Rancho Bass Pro
03-01-2009, 08:17 AM
We still have some bags available, and might be getting a few more since they have been a hit so far. Here is a Daily Seminar list for the next 2 weeks.

March 2nd- Shimano Rod Selection- 6pm – Stage- Justin Poe
- Come learn about all the different rods Shimano offers to the fishing community, from Shimano’s very own rod designer Justin Poe. Come learn why these are some of the best rods money can buy, and why Shimano backs them with a lifetime warranty. Different rods for different techniques will help everyone understand why certain rods are made and which rod will be best for your individual situation.

March 3rd- Worm Rigging Techniques for Bass Fishing- 6pm – Main Tank- Levi Slocum
- Do you know all the ways to properly rig a plastic worm? This seminar is great for the novice to the advanced angler, either because you never knew the proper way, or wanted some secret inside tips. Texas rig, Carolina rig, Drop Shot Rig, Split Shot Rig, Wacky/Flyline Rig, and fishing a worm on a Shaky head will all be demonstrated for the duration of this seminar.

March 4th- Hardbait Techniques for Freshwater Bass- 6pm – Main Tank- Levi Slocum
- With all the baits on the market nowadays it’s hard to decide which road to take. We will show you all the different companies there are to choose from and show you how they should be fished. From smallies to largemouth, we will cover all the different possible situations you might encounter, to you land the trophy you’ve always dreamt of.

March 5th- Swim Bait Fishing in Salt Water- 6pm – Stage- Matt Towner
- There are so many baits on the market today. Each promise to catch the biggest fish, a bucket of fish, or the fish you’ve let get away for years. To be successful in the water and to get the best action out of your baits, you have to know exactly which baits work for which fish. Let us help you recognize the many different types of bait, explain their design, their uniqueness and how to utilize them to get the full effect.

March 6th- Long Range Fishing- 6pm- Stage- Eddie Sisson
- Ready for that 5 day trip? How about that 18 day? Whichever trip you decide on there are necessities that every angler will need to know and have. Our resident expert will point you in the right direction to make your trip a successful one. Here come the Cows!!

March 9th- Top water fishing for Bass- 6pm – Main Tank- Levi Slocum
- Some of the best heart pounding excitement is done fishing top water bait. During this class we will show you all the different baits and ways to fish them. Not only are these baits great for catching the green little monsters, but they are also a superb locating bait. Get down here and find out how to get your heart pumping a bit more.

March 10th- Shark Fishing Techniques- 6pm- Stage- Big Mike
- Shark Fishing is one of the most exciting ways to fish, but at the same time can be dangerous for numerous reasons. Come learn rigging techniques, equipment needs, the different ways to fish for sharks, and most important how to have fun in a safe way.

March 11th- Kids Trout Fishing Techniques Made Fun- 6pm- Main Tank- Levi Slocum
- Local trout fishing techniques that will not only catch you numerous fish, but even that elusive 10 pound plus trout that every lake now stocks. 2 to 4 pound test is all you will need to land these trophy trout. Come learn some secrets guys have been using for years to land these monster fish. Kids come learn how to teach your dad a few tricks.
March 12th-Fly Fishing- 6pm – Stage- Patrick Irwin
- Have you ever wanted to go on a Fly Fishing trip of a lifetime? Well our resident expert will show and tell you about the adventures of Fly Fishing in Idaho and Montana. You will learn pointers whether you’re a seasoned veteran or just someone who is picking up the sport.

March 13th- Women in Fishing- 6pm- Stage- Wendy Tochihara
- Are you a woman that wants to learn more about fishing, but might be a bit timid to ask certain questions? Well come learn from a established fisherwoman, who makes her living through fishing and loves every minute of it. From knots to equipment to clothing Wendy will make sure all your questions will be answered.

basscatcher
03-01-2009, 01:27 PM
i saw pete there and man is he territorial over his both :Big Grin: :ROFL: just messing with you pete. it was there friday it was packed.

that longrange seminar with eddie sisson should be great he KNOWS ALOT about the long range.
God Bless

basscatcher