PDA

View Full Version : Buggin 2/21

webmaster
02-24-2009, 09:14 AM
First time out in my new (well, new to me at least) boat. I been wanting to go for the last couple months but bad weather and other obligations have kept me in until now. Launched out of Davies in the early afternoon and headed over to the island in flat calm seas - could not ask for better weather. Got there early and fished plastics for bass or halis but no luck there. Dropped the nets when the sun went down and it was a slow crawl at first, but then around 8 they crawled big time and we had full limits in no time. Nice 3-pound average bugs. Smooth ride all the way home and the boat ran great the whole time. Cant wait to get out again, hey Bob - your next!

http://fishinghotpage.com/images/fnn/bugs4.jpg

chris
02-24-2009, 09:16 AM
nice bugs . what kind of boat are you in now?

Seng90806
02-24-2009, 09:17 AM
nice going out there...look like lots of fun

Fisherman57
02-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Congrats on getting out the new boat Jeff....... I know you put alot of hard work into it.
Looks like it paid off! Thats a LOAD of bugs!

So much for the "banana" jinx theory! Gotta love the photo! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fell free to bring me a couple frozen ones at the Hall show.... I'll bring the butter!
LOL! J/K! :LOL:

Nice seeing ya last Friday, see ya at Fred Hall.

Dana

webmaster
02-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Thank you everyone. Hey Dana, have the butter ready! LOL.

Hey Chris, here is a pic of my boat. It is a 1965 Glasspar. The thing is built like a tank - they dont make them like that anymore.

Fisherman57
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Thank you everyone. Hey Dana, have the butter ready! LOL.

Hey Chris, here is a pic of my boat. It is a 1965 Glasspar. The thing is built like a tank - they dont make them like that anymore.

How cool is that!

Nice job Jeff......if the boats original builders knew that she would be pulling a limit of bugs 44+ years from when they built her, they'd be VERY proud! THATS AWESOME!

Great job on getting that boat back in action!

TroutOnly
02-24-2009, 07:39 PM
I CANT HARDLY WAIT TO KILL SOME BUGS AND MAYBE DO A LITTLE FISHING AS WELL,,,t/o

Troutman65
02-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Nice going on the Bugs !!:Cool::Envious:

Mondo21
02-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Good lookin' bugs. Thanks for the report,and oh yeah...making me hungry too.:Envious::Big Grin: Cindy

diamondbear
02-28-2009, 02:53 PM
I rebuilt an old boat years ago and it was so fun and your boat was the same project iam sure . NICE JOB on those bugs and what an adventure on crossing the channel to slay . // db

Wingnut
03-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey Jeff, you need a first mate on board?!? :Wink:
How about letting me & Dana hop on for a Bug trip? I will supervise as Dana pull the nets. :ROFL: