PDA

View Full Version : Line spooler

jim532
02-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Normally I go and buy whatever line I need and go to sport chalet and heve them put it on nice and quick, they do it for free, even with line I don't buy there.
I'd like to get a line spooling station of my own, but I'd like to know at times exactly how much line I'm putting on the real.
Problem is, I haven't seen a reasonably priced spooling station with a line counter. When I buy a fresh spool i'd really like to know how much is left after I've filled the real on my spool.

Can anyone recommend a product, or give me some ideas on how to incorporate a line counter to spooling station that doesn't come with one?

thanks,
Jim

Skyler
02-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Here you go: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_36569____SearchResults

Cheap, and effective. Just mount it in-line with your spooling station.

HEMAN
02-24-2009, 02:58 PM
saw those on clearance at Walmart for $5.. check ur local store.

billy b
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
as well mounted on a rod while fishing instead of buying a reel with a line counter?

Or ... how about mounting it for a minute or two while letting your line out?

Any thoughts?

Skyler
02-25-2009, 03:50 PM
as well mounted on a rod while fishing instead of buying a reel with a line counter?

Or ... how about mounting it for a minute or two while letting your line out?

Any thoughts?

That's what it's intended purpose is. It will fit most rods. Don't know how well it would work with spinning tackle though.