PDA

View Full Version : Irvine sunday 22

christainmetalhead909
02-24-2009, 05:23 AM
Buddy and i took the baot to irvine on sunday the 22 it was a great day over cast but nice temp. Unfortunatly no fish finder this time bettery fird and i didnt have the money to get a new one. But any ways we started trolling aroung hooked up with something big by trout island and my line gto stuck in the reel so it busted off the we caught two in the flats on rapala, the nothing on trolling so we decided to try and bait and wait. Tried trout island for nothing, we moved in between the first two points on the left from the boat launch and caught 4 more there 3 on n/c one on the power mouse. Great day i though but some guy was telling me that sunday was the worst fishing day of the year. So idk ????????// any thoughts on that? Pics to come later. Peace

Hitts0n
02-24-2009, 05:28 AM
I want to c pics! I was also out there! Tuff times !

MAVERICK27
02-24-2009, 03:40 PM
You did a great job because Saturday was very tough and I heard Sunday wasn't any better. Way to go!

beware
02-25-2009, 08:02 AM
I was on the Troll Sunday for a short amount of time and got 4 really nice fish, three 2lbers and one 5lber. They hit so hard i just knew they were Steelheads but actually turned out to be Rainbows. Mira Shad Hot Pink(aka Pink Lady) was the ticket, caught 4 on the "Pink Lady" and 1 on the new Rapala Orange/Red Xrap.

Troutman65
02-25-2009, 06:47 PM
I was on the Troll Sunday for a short amount of time and got 4 really nice fish, three 2lbers and one 5lber. They hit so hard i just knew they were Steelheads but actually turned out to be Rainbows. Mira Shad Hot Pink(aka Pink Lady) was the ticket, caught 4 on the "Pink Lady" and 1 on the new Rapala Orange/Red Xrap.

Your the guy with the BBQ on the pontoon boat. :Cool: Congrats on your catch. See you on the water :Wink:

Troutman65
02-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Sounds like you had a nice day on the water CMH909. Thanks for the report.

christainmetalhead909
02-25-2009, 09:04 PM
ya those fish were fighters they were jumping out of the water and peeling drag and everything i broke two big ones off too just taking off the drag zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz then snap crazy it was awesome though. sorry im laggin on the pics my comp is acting funny,.

troutdog
02-26-2009, 02:27 AM
Nice job on the fish, sorry to hear about the ones that got away...I knew that last batch of steelies that went in were going to break their fair share of line! Thanks for the report.

TD