PDA

View Full Version : Charter boat this weekend??

EastCoaster
02-23-2009, 09:11 PM
looking to go out this sunday on a charter boat, never been before and just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas where to go. I have heard Point Loma- but there fish count is very low right now, and Newport Harbor-which is very high, any others that anyone knows please let me know.. We are looking to just get out for a half day and have some fun and get ready for our longer one in the next few months....

Ricky-Ray
02-24-2009, 01:33 AM
Lot's of great options for this sunday even if it's a half day boat. Sunday is the start of rockfish season again so I'm sure alot of the landings will be running their 3/4 and 1/2 day boats too.

If you want to hit the Newport area, Newport Landing or Davey's Locker are your best bet. I would give them a call and make sure their 1/2 day boat is going to run on sunday and also to make a reservation if they are. Lot's of times especially during the summer their boat's will fill up and if you don't have a reservation you could be left standing on the dock.

JapanRon
02-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Hi EastCoaster,

Since you haven't gone before ... why don't you go to the landing most convenient to you? As Ricky-ray said, March 1st and it full on. Finding a landing and then a boat you like is more important (maybe only to me) than lots of fishys in the bag or .... caught.

Good luck and please tell us of your trip,

JapanRon

mobilereef
02-26-2009, 10:21 PM
How many people?