PDA

View Full Version : teamtrolltoon aty otay lake

trollmiester
02-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Well me and terry had our birthdays days apart and proceded to go to otay lake.Stoped on the way down to a jack in the box by oceanside and lucky we did.A giant plywood we use for a bech seat in the boat was hangin out ready to fall out of the boat.After e3ating sause breakfast and breakfast jacks we were back on the way.Arrived at the lake and found out there was some big bass tournments going on.Launched and crusied around and metered and looked around the nice lake. Remindes me of casitas a lot.Anchored down with big mackrael chunks and waited.Never got a bite but a lot of laughs.Real sunny out there and talked to a lot of friendly folks.We called it aday at three oclock and headed toward the ramp. There was over 50 boats waiting to get out of the water for the bass tourney weighin.I threw terry the key and said back the truck and il driver up like a bass guy.I forgot terry had never backed my truck before.They were three deep at the ramp and pontoon backed it up first try like a champ and i pulled the boat up and we were out in seconds.The 128 mile drive home was easy because we were laughing so loud most of the way.Great way to spend a birthday weekend.Unfortountaly i got the flu again so i could not fish on sunday at the vine for my birthday.Sorry for the late report but i have been coughing and coughing.Thanx to bluehunter for telling us the good spots and encouragement.Fishing is fishing sometimes u catch and sometimes u dont.Thanx for reading.

troutdog
02-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Do you think we gullible enough to believe something almost fell out of your boat, c'mon what kinda fools you think we are :ROFL:

Thanks for sharing your day on the lake, don't get too many reports from that lake. Hope you beat that flu asap!

TD

Socal Bassman
02-23-2009, 09:16 PM
It was a zoo out there saturday. Everywhere we went there was a crowd of boats. I found out earlier in the week that we weren't the only club going to be out there. As we waited in line the night before, we found out that there were supposed to be 6 club tournaments, including ours, there that day. Thanks for the report.

Hitts0n
02-24-2009, 05:24 AM
Happy B-day Trolly !!:ROFL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Sorry bout the skunk my friends, that can be what fishing provides at times but it ALWAYS comes with a heaping helping of "good times and laughs !"

I know you 2 appreciate getting out with your good friends and how priceless that in itself is...if the fish come, it's all that much better.

Sorry ta hear ur still sick Chris, I told ya that cold hangs with ya....I hope you can shake it soon enough cause we GOTTA get the crew back out again sometime soon for another day of laughs and fish kills....blood must flow just like the smack talk !

MAN...I got some real good memories of Otay lake when I was a teenager, we used to go there just about every year when it opened....caught many a toad LMB there...

I never targeted them there but I paid attention and saw many a cat killer back then slayin toads at North Point and DEEP into the Harvey arm...

North point out far has some great boulder structures underwater that would draw me there if I was a targetin them kitty cats...

Or in the back of the Harvey Arm used to be allot of lilly pads, I saw some big ol blues come out from there about 2/3rds the way into Harvey arm, on the right side....might be way too cold right now for the lilly pads to be there now though.....I'd guess near the channel like area from north point to Harvey would be goin off on dem kats !

Did ya try those places ?....just curious..

Anyway...we gota get the wrecking crew out soon...

Thanks for the report.

Happy Birthday Guys, sorry, I aint singin the song though !
Gary

Fisherman57
02-24-2009, 11:07 AM
First a Wingnut skunk report and now a Team Trolltoon one too?

Next thing you know someone's gonna try to land a jetliner on the Hudson! :LOL:

Thanks for the report Chris.... Im sure fishing with Terry makes for a good day no matter what. I hear ya on the "flu" thing....... I did the event on Friday and I've been sick with the flu since. "It's going around".

Hope you BOTH had a great birthday, see ya Saturday Pontoon.

Dana

Troutman65
02-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Nice report Chris. Hope you get feeling better soon. See you guys on the water.:Wink::Cool::Big Grin:

BULLDOG
02-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Happy Birthday Trolly your gift is in my freezer and it will take care of that flu or cold you have.

Abel

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/abel92701/motivational-jagermister.jpg

PONTOON
02-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Who says we got skunked? We had plenty to laugh about most of the day. Between naps that is.:LOL:
It's always exciting to fish a new lake and We both have vowed to make another run to Otay sometime soon. I'm sure that on a day when there isn't a big bass tournament it will be quite a different lake.
Once we finally called it a day I knew we were in for a long wait to get the boat out of the water with all the bass fishermen heading in.
I tried to weasel my way out of getting the truck by telling Trolly I'd never backed a trailer in my life nor had I ever driven a manual Transmission. Trollys didn't buy it and his reply...."Practice on the way to the ramp".:LOL:
We had em scratching their heads didn't we Trolly. You had the boat on the trailer before I stopped backing in and as soon as I turned back you had the boat hooked up and said "Hit it".....We beat em all out of the water.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:
Thanks again Trolly and get to feeling better Bud!

kewlwhip
02-24-2009, 10:12 PM
hahahahah...thats classic- fishing is fishing...thanks for the read legends-

olfishergal
02-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Happy B'day Trolley!!!! Looks like a fun day for team trooltoon.........BTW I have the flu too. Got real sick sat afternoon and totally lost my voice so I missed your surprise party too...... Today is the first day I feel like doing anything and still coughing. bummer. You feel beter and hope to fish with you guys one of these days......ofg

sansou
02-25-2009, 12:48 AM
I knew I felt a disturbance in the force once you guys came in to my county....

Looks like Otay isn't gonna fall so easily for some of your Jedi DVL tricks!!

Better luck next time guys!

trollmiester
02-26-2009, 07:04 AM
Thanx everybody for there replies.We will get them next time.lol

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanx everybody for there replies.We will get them next time.lol

so did ya fish the spots I mentioned ?????