PDA

View Full Version : Fred Hall & Western Outdoor News Sponsors Manzanar Fisherman Project Booth

Fear No Trout
02-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I am pleased to announce that the Fred Hall Show will be providing me with a huge 1,500 sq. ft. booth at this year’s shows at the Long Beach Convention Center (March 4-8) and the Del Mar Fairgrounds (March 25-29). I will be displaying my Manzanar fishing artifacts exhibit, and the “Barbed Wire to Barbed Hooks” trailer and the newly completed “Manzanar Fisherman Walking Tour” will be screened.

I will also be hosting a fundraising drawing offering some nice prizes. Grand Prize is a 42" LG 1080P HD LCD TV, other prizes include a 3 night stay at Parcher's Resort at South Lake in Bishop, a guided fly fishing trip for 3 at Crowley Lake donated by Crowley Lake Guide Service, guided trip from Mark Franko, DVL boat rental, Crowley Lake Package: boat rental, hat and t-shirt, gate passes for Irvine Lake, Daiwa Saltist 40 Levelwind Saltwater Reel Saltist 50 Levelwind saltwater reel valued at $350.00 combined, 30 Western Outdoor News suscriptions, Ex-Cel lures, Lip Ripperz, Shimano products. Seps Pro Fishing: ultralight trolling accessories that include flashers, flies and pro scented grubs Last Chance Bait & Tackle of Hemet: miscellaneous fishing accessories Jeff Robles & Associates: miscellaneous fishing accessories. The Manzanar Fisherman project is sponsored the Manzanar Committee a non-profit 501 (c)3 organization and all donations are tax deductible.

This project is supported and sponsored by Bart Hall of the Fred Hall Fishing Shows and Western Outdoor News. The booth will be located directly across from Turner's Outdoorsman. Hope to see you out there.

I would like to invite FNN members to stop by and view the artifacts exhibit and videos. As a special bonus for FNN members I will double amount of tickets if you print out this thread or any page from the FNN website.

Cory Shiozaki...aka...Fear No Trout

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/cory001.JPG

Below is a map as to the location of the display at the Fred Hall Long Beach Show

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/cory002.jpg

BIGRED KILLA
02-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Very cool see you at the Show.

Bigred

troutdog
02-23-2009, 08:26 PM
I'll be looking forward to checking out the exhibit as well as meeting you, see you there!

TD

Fisherman57
02-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Im looking forward to seeing the exhibit there Cory! What a treat!
When will the screening take place?

Lemme know if I can be of any further help!

Dana
Fisherman 57

sansou
02-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Very cool!

See you at the Del Mar show!

fishndrinknsmokin
02-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Wow, Cory, I had no idea things like this were around. I can't wait to stop by the booth and check it out. I'm already fascinated.......

Troutman65
02-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Cory, Thats great news . Looking forward to see the display and seeing you again.:Cool:

GdHkSet1
02-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Look forward on stopping by and seeing the exhibit. Hopefully I will make it to the site when we go up north this year to fish. Thank you and others for your hard work and to share this history.

BULLDOG
02-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Cory,

I'll see you at the show, had a chance last year to stop at Manzanar and check it out and was blown away at the whole site. Looking forward to see the display at the show.

d1LedHed
02-25-2009, 06:05 AM
Will have to stop by.

Fear No Trout
02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Im looking forward to seeing the exhibit there Cory! What a treat!
When will the screening take place?

Lemme know if I can be of any further help!

Dana
Fisherman 57

Dana,

I will be screening the two videos through out the day probably every
couple of hours.

Cory...aka...Fear No Trout

Fear No Trout
02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Very cool!

See you at the Del Mar show!

Sansou,

Thanks for taking an interest in this project and I appreciate you help working the
booth at the Del Mar Show.

Cory

yamafish
02-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Cory,
I am truly looking forward to seeing the Manzanar Exhibit.
I will be at the Fred Hall Show on Thurs.

My mother was in the Gila River Internment Camp in Arizona.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/gilariver.jpg

Regards,
Rodger Yamada - YamaFish

Fear No Trout
03-05-2009, 11:18 PM
I want thank all the FNN'ers for stopping by the booth so far. It's great to put faces to those who post and make this site interesting and fun. I put a lot effort in researching this true and untold story of "freedom through fishing" by the those incarcerated behind barbed wire and found a way to help them cope through a very dark time in American history.

I hope more FNN members will stop by this weekend and support this important historical project.

Cory....aka....Fear No Trout

Fisherman57
03-05-2009, 11:39 PM
I had the chance to visit the Manzanar Exhibit at the Fred Hall show yesterday show and it is nothing short of superb!

Make sure to treat yourself to the short video presentation that Cory is screening throughout each day of the show, as it is FILLED with some truly incredible stories!

Also be sure to take the time to view all the historic photos he has assembled and support Cory and his project in any way you can!

Cory (Fear No Trout) has done a great job and his hard work shows in every aspect of this exhibit!

Enjoy!

Dana

hookset
03-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Great exhibit. Very interesting history that I wouldn't have otherwise known about. Good luck with the project. Wish I would have had more time, but the show was closing. I will definately plan on a side trip by the site on my next trip to the sierras.

Ladyfish
03-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Cory it was so nice to meet you. You have done a wonderful job as historian for this project. I was very moved by your display, they movie was wonderful and the pictures and stories were very touching. I love my fish I bought from you! :Smile:
Everyone that goes to the Fred Hall really should stop here--it is something you will not want to miss!

Ladyfish

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
03-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Cory, ditto what Ladyfish typed, ecxept for the fish part. Also great to chat with you and your coworkers there in the booth. I'm thinking of framing that LTD Ed t-shirt and giving it to my Mom who was also in an internment camp in Poston, AZ. Fantastic display there at the show, highly recommended for everyone to see some of American history. I commend you and your staff for your efforts.
After writing the info on all those tickets, got a cure for carpul tunnel syndrome? :P

TTFM

Granny Fish
03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Hope to be able and stop by. If we get out to the show this time it is likely not going to be till Sunday.

olfishergal
03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
See you there on Sunday!!! Can't wait to see the exhibit.......OFG

fishndrinknsmokin
03-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Great presentation, Cory! Being an American of Japanese descent, Manzanar has always been of interest to me and when you throw in trout fishing this was something that had to be seen, IMO. I unfortunately did not get to see the entire DVD presentation because of time constraints and was wondering if you are selling copies or have plans to post it on You Tube on another medium.

Thank you for the work and showing a silver lining to a dark period of American history!

Peace out...FDS