PDA

View Full Version : Frazier Park Pond - 2/21/09

patusc55
02-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Had a good (but cold) Saturday morning testing out my gear for the year. (In other words, a good excuse to go catch stocked trout.) FPP is kinda like fish in a barrel, just through out some Power Bait, or a lure when the sun breaks through. I only had 45 minutes to fish but got a couple and saw others pulling out, all on PB. No need to get there before 7:30 either because its pickin cold and no bite that early (snow still on the ground.)

Not the most exciting fishing, but its a great place to take kids to learn the basics.

thepuma
02-24-2009, 09:54 AM
I have not been there for years, but the Penny Dog and I went there last Friday 2/20/09 in the A.M. We were just passing through. There was one guy fishing it with PB. He had two nice size trout on his stringer. I thought about casting a few lures, but Penny was going crazy looking at the ducks and Geese in the pond. That pond seems smaller than I remember. Thought it was neat seeing a post on this pond for the same weekend I visited it.
Nice report,
Scott

lilmystery246
02-25-2009, 06:31 PM
I have not been there for years, but the Penny Dog and I went there last Friday 2/20/09 in the A.M. We were just passing through. There was one guy fishing it with PB. He had two nice size trout on his stringer. I thought about casting a few lures, but Penny was going crazy looking at the ducks and Geese in the pond. That pond seems smaller than I remember. Thought it was neat seeing a post on this pond for the same weekend I visited it.
Nice report,
Scott

how to find directions to this pond?

thepuma
02-26-2009, 10:18 AM
This pond is very small but it does have some stockers. It is located in the downtown of Frazier Park. Just north of Gorman, the pond is just South of Frazier Mountain Park rd.