PDA

View Full Version : 2/22 and 2/14

creativeballance
02-23-2009, 11:35 AM
In for the day session, started opening and left at 4:00 close. 3 people in my group. Both times, total of 2 trout. 1 Lightning, 1 rainbow each trip. Caught on Gulp Watermellon colored crawlers. Yesterday I almost landed a trout that was at least 2 1/2 feet long, but it popped my line at the last second....
The trout that were landed were all on the smaller side. I don't think I'm going to be going back any time soon, since I can get better action for free at the city parks.

Fisherman57
02-23-2009, 11:58 AM
any particular lake?

BeMorWize
02-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Could it be SARL?

I was there and it SUCKED! The only thing bitting was the small bass/blue gill nibbling on our lines...me and about 4 other people near the bubble hole. No fish, only nibbles the whole day. Tried it all...shortening bait/presentation etc. and through the kitchen in at the same time looking for anything to bite. Those of you catching....KUDOS!!!

I notice Corona is getting ALOT better. I wonder if SARL is stocking minimal amounts and having more put into Corona? Its looks to be that way by the fish counts.

SARL...if you're reading, please do something about your fish counts. I went by the whole lake before leaving and only 2 fish on the shore lines? Out of roughly 130 people? You have to be kidding me. Playing around like this with your Regs aren't looking to well for you guys.

Haven't you noticed that your "regs" now post about Irvine and LnL? and not SARL anymore...I'm about to give up on this place. I figured you guys would read whats on FNN and about your nets, the low fish count, etc and do something but it looks like the only thing being done is marketing Corona since SARL has sunk so low it can't be saved.

Bad marketing....until changes happen...

Here I come LnL...and the Vine.

I'm letting "by-gones" be "by gones". Too bad, so sad.

Fisherman57
02-23-2009, 01:32 PM
I was just curious, since we had our event at SARL on 2/20 and quite a few members scored some nice fish....

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/IMG_0116[1]

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/IMG_0115[1]

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/IMG_0030[1]

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/IMG_0033[1]

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/IMG_0035[1]

So, as far as 130 anglers with two fish...... im not sure what day that was, but it certainly wasnt the day we were fishing Chris's Pond...... as while the bit was not off the hook wide open, it certainly wasnt as bad as what you're describing....

Corona Lake CONTINUES to have BIG weekends as well and I'm thinking that TEAM 57 needs to be heading over there soon for another event! Take a look at some of the recent results from Corona!

Steve Weitzeil scored this massive 24 1/2 pound trout that tied the lake record!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/72Corona24_50.jpg

Leah Higginbotham & Nick Johnson scored this beautiful 19 1/2 pound rainbow...

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/72Corona19_5.jpg

Adam Phillips & Mary Morgan teamed up to score 42 pounds of lightning trout!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/72LightningBunch.jpg

and.... last but not least, Junior Cook and his dad put together a great catch of lightning trout and rainbows!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/72LightningKid.jpg

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/72KidScale.jpg

sansou
02-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Could be Corona.... or could be SARL.

I was just curious, since we had our event at SARL the other day and quite a few members scored some nice fish....

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/IMG_0116[1]

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/IMG_0115[1]

No way! I call shenanigans.....that's clearly a photoshop! :Wink:

Well, that, or some people actually know how to fish!!!

CASTAWAY
02-23-2009, 02:22 PM
http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/IMG_0115%5B1%5D
:Shocked::Thumbs Up:

BeMorWize
02-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Dana/Sansou,

Nice pics but that was Fridays...in Chris's pond. Not the main lake. Thats like comparing Castaic Lake to the Upper Smaller lake.- Can't compare compadres.

Chris's lake and the main lake at SARL are the same in regards to not comparing them.

Big Lake:

Has 4 net hold...near the dock...meaning most of the fish are in the nets...call them and they will confirm. :)

Has a larger amount of anglers fishing it, 10/10 times. Seen it 10/10 times.

Has Regs, public anglers etc.

Small Chris's Pond:

NO NETS!!! Besides the one the water is running through at the end. Means all fish are just swimming freely to be caught with some lucky ones swimming into the pipes to enter the main lake.

Got stocked "specially" for the FNN event- Kudos because even REGS can't get them to plant their "so called" already planted fish (thats in the nets).

It was on Saturday, when 20 anglers showed up when I 1st got to Chris's pond. All 20 were skunked by the time I left that spot after 3 hours! No bluegill, no talapia, nutting.
__________________________________________________ _____
Kind of funny how all these lightnings show only show for 1 day?

Come one guys, I've been fishing since 6...for at least 20 years now..been on the Register at least 5 times. You're telling me some people don't know how to fish? cuzz there was fish caught on Friday in Chris's Pond?!?! You can include some noobs in that cateogry, not me, I know what the shake down is. Marketing 101 at it's finest.

Look at their website, NO PICTURES for SATURDAY. Only SUNDAY...cuzz they take them from the nets on Sunday and stock. Been told by the workers there also, so who has the fact? and who has a theory? "some people know how to fish"...gotta find a new one cuzz that ones old boss.

Other then that, no LLoyds or even stringers for Saturday.

But yea, with regards to the Main lake and SARL...low fish counts. Bottom Line.

For the FNN even on Friday, KUDOS again to those who caught fish. Like I said, no hating, just pointing out something that is sooo obvious.

Corona sounds better then SARL in my opinion...

And Dana, Corona would be a nice spot to have a FNN event there this year. SARL ain't getting another penny from my butt. (i know they are managed by the same people, but Corona seems to be managed more professionally IMO..no nets).

Good day gentlemen.

Fisherman57
02-23-2009, 03:00 PM
The "nets" you keep referring save you money in the end.

Regardless if it's the main lake or chris's pond, both lakes are extremely (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&ei=0SqjSYvFI4mGsQPOqoSrAg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=extremely&spell=1) small for the amount of pressure they get.

No need for me to call the lake and ask about the nets, I work with numerous "pay lakes" (including SARL / CORONA) all the time and I understand what management does with the nets and why they do it.

Trucking in fish, costs money. Dump all your fish in at once in a lake that small and GUARANTEED most will get fished out in a matter of days.....
Nets or no nets, ALL the fish eventually go into the lake.

I wish I owned a pay lake where I could guarantee "stringers" of fish for everyone..... but that will never happen with ANY pay lake unless they charge per fish or per pound..... or both.

The nets are there to avoid having to truck in more fish numerous times a week..... the costs of which would eventually be passed on to all of us and if that had to happen.... everyone would be paying alot more than $22.00 to get in.

You compared SARL to Irvine in your earlier argument, yet they are not even close to being the same type of body of water. I see skunk reports and low counts from every lake on this board. No one is immune.

Now, I certainly respect the fact that you think the nets are an important issue in regards to you catching fish and they may well be, but you state that you know what day they release the nets... so my question is, KNOWING that, why would you fish the day before, since you put so much emphasis on the net issue? The nets are not always used and they hold a very small percentage of the stocked fish when they are used.

You're also incorrect about nets not being used at Chris's Pond...... Although not the norm, they have used them to hold special fish stockings for events I've held there.

SARL makes no attempt to hide the nets, they are doing what they have to do. They, like Irvine Lake & LNL and other pay lakes are in business to make money, its a business. With that said, I assure you that they want people to catch fish, obviously the more positive reports that are posted, the more potential customers they will have.

Same goes for FNN and TEAM 57...... I want EVERYONE to catch a bunch of fish at the events and I do my best to see that everyone has a good time and a good chance at catching fish.... but I certainly can't GUARANTEE a "stringer" of fish for everyone.....

One last thing, make sure you express your thoughts and suggestions to lake management, not just the workers at the lake. Regardless of what you may think, they will read and listen to your feedback.

Check their website www.fishinglakes.com (http://www.fishinglakes.com) and you'll find a contact e-mail address.

Hope to see you at the Corona event!

Good day to you sir!

fishndrinknsmokin
02-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I caught a limit on the big lake on Friday night and another member just posted up today that he and his son caught 6 fish, 3 lightening, 2 tailwalkers and a lassie on Saturday. Seems that the fish were there for some of us........

calico killer kevin
02-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Me being one of the regulars, I have only been fishing there for 2 years, but
the fishing just keeps getting worse and worse. The amount of lloyds being
caught this year are CONSIDERABLY LESS than both of the last two years.
Blame it on the stocking the tailwalkers or not, there just aren't as many fish
being caught period.

I'm sorry SARL, but it's hard to justify paying the $$$ that I earn fishing
your lake. I can just go to Irvine or Corona, where the scenery is better, the
fishing is better, and quite frankly, the staff.

On the staff, you need to worry more about the customers, than anything
else and I just don't feel that you are. This is what the customers are
saying and if you can't seem to adapt, well sorry I'm going somewhere else.

I say what the hell, open Anaheim, close SARL, and get a fresh new start.:Wink:

BeMorWize
02-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Dana,

I know you work with the "Pay Lakes". I fish and pay to fish at the "pay Lakes". I've been going there for over 10 yrs plus, since I was 6 or 7. I believe I've seen more of what's transpired of that place then you have IMHO. No offense, I respect the work that you do and the time you put in.

Working with them doesn't entirely mean that what is present should be present. For the reasons they gave you or to us, remember that "that" is from a "business" stand point. I'm from an angler's standpoint.

They state they stock it once a week, and they "put" fish in the lake but ALSO the nets. Where do I see an advertisement of them stocking fish in the "nets". This is my point exactly, the use the business angle to mis-lead the general public. If they "put" some, majority, minority, it doesnt' state that on any flyer, website, advertisement or anything. The fact is simple, this is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. To an extent of course, who is going to sue over $22 dollars? I won't, but I WILL refuse to give my $22 to a place that has very little integrety. In fact, they "SARL" should look that up. We need an attorney to look into this matter. SERIOUSLY. "Marketing 101"

Integrety- How would SARL have integrety when they LIE to the anglers/clients. I myself, you and many others know that they lie about fish being caught on "CRAVE BAIT". Its a POS in IMO. When I caught my 23.75lb, along with many other Lloyds there, they state on the camera and on the board it was caught on "Crave". I told them I caught it on PB and Grubs and they still put "CRAVE" on the board for others to see- why? To promote their bait that doesn't work!

They have had numerous complaints and people "snagging" Lloyds and even claiming the Title for State Record once. I was there, he snagged the dam fish and reported it as "caught". THen when people started outing him, SARL didn't even care. They waited until so much heat hit the fan, then they swayed towards honesty and said it was snagged. They loved the publicity so much, they were willing to lie for it. It was making them money to have everyone come there for a shot at a title state fish.

My definition of integrety is doing the "right thing when no one else is looking". It doesn't look like SARL has this view point.

Now, as for the stocking. Guess what, when prices go up, it doesn't mean the PEOPLE are willing to pay for it. So for one, it isn't helping me out that the price stays at 22$ to have the nets there. In any business, a risk has potential ramification. This is their risk. To have nets, or not to have. We, the anglers shouldn't be lucky because they chose to do with the nets, to keep costs down. Its called supply and demand. I pay $22 to fish for an opportunity to catch. Now, if they put less fish in (due to the nets), you're telling me it won't hurt my chances at catching one? Your right it absolutely has alot to do with your success. Supply and demand, SARL price goes up, I won't go anymore. At least the people paying will get a "fair" share for their money's worth...honesty will go along ways now a days.

Lets say SARL raises their prices due to more fish being stocked on numberous occasions, so be it. You speak as if I or we or anyone should thank them for having the nets and only stocking it once. If someone does, send them my way, I have alot of things to sale to them, if its that easy. They give this reason as a Business Point of View, trying to imply its a "benefit" to the anglers. Business 101 at its best, again.

How can a "benefit" be a benefit if it hinders your chances? That's contridictory of itself.

With me comparing SARL to Irvine, I was speaking of the nets. Irvine doesn't have them. Why not? Because they have a bigger body of water? NO, we both know if Irvine went this route, they would lose valuable customers. It's been proven already, look at SARL. Skunk reports come from all bodies of water, I agree. But I never stated due to Irvine not having the nets, catching is gauranteed there. I've walked away with skunks from Irvine with a smile on my face. I knew the fish were there....some were catching, some weren't.

As for the day they release the nets, come one Dana, you gonna put me on blast for not going on that day? How bout, "I can't" and thats why I came on a Saturday. I paid still didn't I? I paid for my chances, hoping that fish are in there (so i"m not entitled to them releasing fish on SAturday? Then why are those people on Sunday so lucky? They pay the same as I so, if not, less. I float tube, get stuff from their tackle store at high prices to support them. I thought it was all suppose to be an even chance for everyone. I smell BS. Your missing the fact that even on a Sat, there should be fish in there. As for the Sunday, yea I know they release them. But why should I wait if its suppose to be even for everyone on any given day! Should we ALL come on SUNDAYS just because?!? I'm not aksing for a limit, been there, done that. Its the fact that I walk around and see how much $$$ this place is making by mis leading people that gets me going.

Also, you state that only a small percentage of fish get put into the nets. I'm assuming they told you? How in the world would you know that if they won't even show you the paperwork for the stockings in regards to the amount of pounds.???? Ask them about last year, when 3/4 of a load of Lloyds died in the nets due to the oxygen level. How much did it cost the anglers? $20 bucks a head! it didn't cost SARL a dam thing, why? Because we the people who pay to get in paid for IT. Not SARL.

You admit that they use the net for business purposes. LoL. THis is a joke, I think they sold you on the reason why its needed. You're right aboout LnL, Irvine, etc etc, being business's, how come only one lake listed has "nets"? If its such a business need, why doesn't all the lakes do this?

ALso, you want me to voice my opinion and questions to the lake management, I already have Sir. They have no educated answers but they do have a sales rebuttal. Those 2 are not the same. THat is why I ask on here, where we are aloud to. Since they are sponsors, why don't they answer the questions like Irvine's staff does on here, where it counts. THey have their internet, their site, why not answer the questions on here? its the same as me asking them right? but this is in the public, where they can't twist stuff around trying to make another sale of $22. WHy is that, I truly believe not eveyone on here is that gullable. and they won't do it because they will slip on what they say eventually.

Dana, let's agree to disagree on this matter as the fact supports the truth. Just like science, I can only rely on the facts, not a theory of how to run a business better. How bout this, since the there's been so much flamming on SARL in the past 3 years, and I "use" to defend them, let's let nature takes it course. In due time, they will file...With the economy getting so bad, they can only screw so many anglers before they never return.

Now I wonder why those who use to bash/flame SARL were banned. Things will never change....in regards to SARL.

This is the last post on this lake, sorry to highjack it. My apologies creativeballance.

Just shedding light on a matter that not many have enough balls to do so.

Please chime in if you have any facts on this matter as "facts" are the only things that matter.

Fairwell SARL.

Fisherman57
02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Dana,

I know you work with the "Pay Lakes". I fish and pay to fish at the "pay Lakes". I've been going there for over 10 yrs plus, since I was 6 or 7. I believe I've seen more of what's transpired of that place then you have IMHO. No offense, I respect the work that you do and the time you put in.

No offense taken, but you have no idea how long I've been going to that lake and all the others in So Cal. Regardless of that, Im not going to get into a debate of who knows more about what lake and so on.... i like to think we ALL can learn from each other....

Working with them doesn't entirely mean that what is present should be present. For the reasons they gave you or to us, remember that "that" is from a "business" stand point. I'm from an angler's standpoint.

I never said said whats in place should remain in place or anything of the sort. Any smart business, learns and continues to grow........ if not, they'll be left behind in their arena.

They state they stock it once a week, and they "put" fish in the lake but ALSO the nets. Where do I see an advertisement of them stocking fish in the "nets". This is my point exactly, the use the business angle to mis-lead the general public. If they "put" some, majority, minority, it doesnt' state that on any flyer, website, advertisement or anything. The fact is simple, this is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. To an extent of course, who is going to sue over $22 dollars? I won't, but I WILL refuse to give my $22 to a place that has very little integrety. In fact, they "SARL" should look that up. We need an attorney to look into this matter. SERIOUSLY. "Marketing 101"

Again, Im confused. You say you've been fishing there for years & years, so you'd certainly be aware of the nets. You yourself stated where they are located and there has never been any attemt to "hide" the nets. So?.... now that you've suffered a couple skunks you're complaining about them? Do you8 complain about the nets when you limit? Not trying to be a jerk, but I just dont get it. Ive seen you time and again chime in on someone else's thread about a bad day at SARL, yet I see no "congrats" to those who have score some great fish there recently. Coincidence I guess.

Integrety- How would SARL have integrety when they LIE to the anglers/clients. I myself, you and many others know that they lie about fish being caught on "CRAVE BAIT". Its a POS in IMO. When I caught my 23.75lb, along with many other Lloyds there, they state on the camera and on the board it was caught on "Crave". I told them I caught it on PB and Grubs and they still put "CRAVE" on the board for others to see- why? To promote their bait that doesn't work!

So the photo was that important to you that you posed for it allowed them to state on the board something that didnt really occur and take the pic? Maybe next time, let them know that the only way you want the photo taken is with the proper info, or you walk away. Im confident no one put a gun to your head and said "take the photo or else" LOL! Did you receive and accept a discount coupon for taking the photo? BTW.... I have no problem with you posting about a bait that doesnt work for you and others..... but if you allow something like the photo to happen, you're just as culpable.

They have had numerous complaints and people "snagging" Lloyds and even claiming the Title for State Record once. I was there, he snagged the dam fish and reported it as "caught". THen when people started outing him, SARL didn't even care. They waited until so much heat hit the fan, then they swayed towards honesty and said it was snagged. They loved the publicity so much, they were willing to lie for it. It was making them money to have everyone come there for a shot at a title state fish.

So, the fact that the fisherman was dishonest and caught the fish by "snagging" it becomes SARL's fault? They planted the fish to be caught in a proper manner. Sure they loved the publicity, I would too. But until someone showed me solid proof of the snagging, Im going with what my customer told me. If you have a pic of the snagging, please share it with me. I'll pass it along to SARL management.

My definition of integrety is doing the "right thing when no one else is looking". It doesn't look like SARL has this view point.

I agree with doing the right thing ALWAYS. Not just when no one is looking.

Now, as for the stocking. Guess what, when prices go up, it doesn't mean the PEOPLE are willing to pay for it. So for one, it isn't helping me out that the price stays at 22$ to have the nets there. In any business, a risk has potential ramification. This is their risk. To have nets, or not to have. We, the anglers shouldn't be lucky because they chose to do with the nets, to keep costs down. Its called supply and demand. I pay $22 to fish for an opportunity to catch. Now, if they put less fish in (due to the nets), you're telling me it won't hurt my chances at catching one? Your right it absolutely has alot to do with your success. Supply and demand, SARL price goes up, I won't go anymore. At least the people paying will get a "fair" share for their money's worth...honesty will go along ways now a days.

Again, you said it yourself. You paid to have an OPPORTUNITY to catch fish....... and so do the people that come on the days you dont. Its a simple business strategy, thats fair IMO.

Lets say SARL raises their prices due to more fish being stocked on numberous occasions, so be it. You speak as if I or we or anyone should thank them for having the nets and only stocking it once. If someone does, send them my way, I have alot of things to sale to them, if its that easy. They give this reason as a Business Point of View, trying to imply its a "benefit" to the anglers. Business 101 at its best, again.

How can a "benefit" be a benefit if it hinders your chances? That's contridictory of itself.

Here's a bit of bad information... not EVERYTHING in life is beneficial for each individual each and every time. Your argument starts to turn toward whats best for YOU and I doubt they will make a decision based on whats good for one person. I believe what they do is make a decision based on whats good for the majority of their anglers.

With me comparing SARL to Irvine, I was speaking of the nets. Irvine doesn't have them. Why not? Because they have a bigger body of water? NO, we both know if Irvine went this route, they would lose valuable customers. It's been proven already, look at SARL. Skunk reports come from all bodies of water, I agree. But I never stated due to Irvine not having the nets, catching is gauranteed there. I've walked away with skunks from Irvine with a smile on my face. I knew the fish were there....some were catching, some weren't.

Irvine IS a much larger body of water and the fish have the opportunity to disperse better there than at SARL. Im not going to drag Irvine Lake into this debate, but I will say this. When they stock catfish, they now use pontoon boats to disperse the fish all over the lake. Like I stated above, they are trying to do whats right for the majority of anglers. Irvine has also started making a better effort to stock the fish in numerous areas rather than just one. When access to shoreline become more limited due to water level, they do other things. Judge as you will, but they're in business too and making decisions.

As for the day they release the nets, come one Dana, you gonna put me on blast for not going on that day? How bout, "I can't" and thats why I came on a Saturday. I paid still didn't I? I paid for my chances, hoping that fish are in there (so i"m not entitled to them releasing fish on SAturday? Then why are those people on Sunday so lucky? They pay the same as I so, if not, less. I float tube, get stuff from their tackle store at high prices to support them. I thought it was all suppose to be an even chance for everyone. I smell BS. Your missing the fact that even on a Sat, there should be fish in there. As for the Sunday, yea I know they release them. But why should I wait if its suppose to be even for everyone on any given day! Should we ALL come on SUNDAYS just because?!? I'm not aksing for a limit, been there, done that. Its the fact that I walk around and see how much $$$ this place is making by mis leading people that gets me going.

Im not sure what "putting you on blast" means, but you stated yourself, you dont like nets, you know what day they release the fish.. and Ill assume you know what days they stock. My "blast" is..... knowing all this, why do you still go there? I would never discourage a patron from going to the pay lake of their choice, but it's obvious you dont like the policies and or catching ratio there, so why go? Especially on days that in your opinion stand out as unproductive. I guess I dont get it. No, I dont think everyone should fish on Sundays..... maybe just the ones with your exact perspective, as it may make for a better day. Do you really think that SARL doesnt want you to catch fish? C'mon.

Also, you state that only a small percentage of fish get put into the nets. I'm assuming they told you? How in the world would you know that if they won't even show you the paperwork for the stockings in regards to the amount of pounds.???? Ask them about last year, when 3/4 of a load of Lloyds died in the nets due to the oxygen level. How much did it cost the anglers? $20 bucks a head! it didn't cost SARL a dam thing, why? Because we the people who pay to get in paid for IT. Not SARL.

Don't assume things... you know the old saying. LOL! So...... are you saying SARL is buying the lloyds only to have them die?

Uh, YES... it DID cost SARL more than a "damn thing". Do you really believe they want llyods (or any other fish for that matter) to die in a net rather than have some happy angler like yourself score a monster and report it? Uh, Im thinking thats not the case. Your logic makes no sense to me.

Why in the worl would I need to see the stocking receipts? It's THEIR business, not mine. If I dont believe in the business, I go somewhere else. Next time you're at WAL MART ask to see the business manager and tell him or her you'd like to see the receipts for their inventory when they advertise a product that sells out. Or better yet, ask to see their cost on a product. Security will escort you out in about 2 minues Id guess.

My point to all this is, if you don't believe in the facilty or business, or dont like their prices, why continue to go for "years & years"? You yourself stated that youve been fishing there for many years! I'll be the first to admit.... "back in the day" things were different. Lots of things were better "back when"..... not an excuse, just a fact of life.

You admit that they use the net for business purposes. LoL. THis is a joke, I think they sold you on the reason why its needed. You're right aboout LnL, Irvine, etc etc, being business's, how come only one lake listed has "nets"? If its such a business need, why doesn't all the lakes do this?

I love your "you admit" statement...... am I under legal question your honor?..... seriously, you sound like someone who cannot and will not be swayed in your opinion, and I RESPECT that. I also respect the fact that you have for the most part, kept the thread civil, hence my responses. Again, Im not going to debate other lakes when the lake you have the issues with is SARL.

ALso, you want me to voice my opinion and questions to the lake management, I already have Sir. They have no educated answers but they do have a sales rebuttal. Those 2 are not the same. THat is why I ask on here, where we are aloud to. Since they are sponsors, why don't they answer the questions like Irvine's staff does on here, where it counts. THey have their internet, their site, why not answer the questions on here? its the same as me asking them right? but this is in the public, where they can't twist stuff around trying to make another sale of $22. WHy is that, I truly believe not eveyone on here is that gullable. and they won't do it because they will slip on what they say eventually.

Dana, let's agree to disagree on this matter as the fact supports the truth. Just like science, I can only rely on the facts, not a theory of how to run a business better. How bout this, since the there's been so much flamming on SARL in the past 3 years, and I "use" to defend them, let's let nature takes it course. In due time, they will file...With the economy getting so bad, they can only screw so many anglers before they never return.

Im good with that. Lets agree to disagree on this topic. Its clear where I stand and where you stand and I have no problem with difference of opinion!

Now I wonder why those who use to bash/flame SARL were banned. Things will never change....in regards to SARL.

Well, this I will address AGAIN. You and I exchanged PM's about this issue and I told you then and will tell you again, I have no problem with members telling their honest experience and issues at a lake (again, thats why this thread is still here). However, I will NOT allow comments that are nothing more than bashing and slanderous. Read the rules, you agreed to them when you signed up. Keep it civil and your opinion stays on the board!

This is the last post on this lake, sorry to highjack it. My apologies creativeballance.

Again, implying that other FNN members do "not have enough balls" only alienates you from them. Why do that? However, I have a strong vibe you could care less.

Please chime in if you have any facts on this matter as "facts" are the only things that matter.

Fairwell SARL

Fairwell BeMoreWize

You're still welcome at any event we host there!

The Rookie
02-23-2009, 06:23 PM
I've been getting the skunk at the local public lakes lately
(except Eisenhower 3wks ago. Yes!) and was thinking about forking over the $$ to go to SARL, (I've never been).
Sounds like some disgruntled fishermen and bad vibes there.:Shocked:
I'll probably check out Corona instead.

FiSheR573
02-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Sarl fishing used to be at it's best in the early 2yk's, at one point there used to be tons of lloyds in the water, u can see them jumping too, my dad came home with 5 lloyds once, 14lbs, 13lbs, 18lbs, 11lbs, and 9lbs, all trout, and during catfish season lloyds ranging in the 20lbs-30lbs....yeah it was ridiculous "home of the super trout and catfish" people travel far from other cities/states to come check out the paid lakes...i guess those days are gone, but i still enjoy fishing at the paid lakes, beats driving far to fish....it's kinda funny how you fisherman here complains of not catching fish, in the midwest you can catch trout any time during the year, and they're all sorts of trout, natural trout, those fish fought harder and they'll snap your line if you don't use lines heavier than 8lbs, there are so many that you get sick of fishing for Trout and fish for other species of fish...so try fishing in other places in the states...

Daryl
02-23-2009, 09:04 PM
I've been getting the skunk at the local public lakes lately
(except Eisenhower 3wks ago. Yes!) and was thinking about forking over the $$ to go to SARL, (I've never been).
Sounds like some disgruntled fishermen and bad vibes there.:Shocked:
I'll probably check out Corona instead.

Corona has been off the hook. Get there early (3am) or get there late (6:45) and rent a boat. It's all working; PB, NC, lures...

Don't let this thread sway you from trying SARL. There are big fish in that lake. If you want, solicit some tips from some of the regular successful anglers that frequent the lake (there are several on this board), and I'm sure some would be happy to share their info. I personally haven't fished there since the last TEAM 57 rainfest.

If you want a guarantee, find a farm where you can catch fish and pay by the pound.:ROFL:

Otherwise, get out there and give it a shot.

Good luck!

Rooster
02-23-2009, 10:10 PM
I have been fishing SARL for 24 years now and i have personally have never had a better year then this trout season. Limits of toads are the norm for me and my crew.
And for the record i personally never stop and take a picture unless im out of the discount passes :LOL:

Try fishing with lures. Works like a champ 4 me:Secret:

fishndrinknsmokin
02-24-2009, 08:01 AM
That's a great point Rooster.....I never stop for pics either unless I'm out of discount cards or it's a decent size fish that I want to get the weight on. I think most people who catch fish there don't take pics because they don't know or don't want to take the time.

Another thing about walking around and talking to people is that I've found that unless you know them, they won't always tell you the truth about what they are catching so that their little spot doesn't get crowded out. I've seen guy's tell people that it's been slow with only a fish or two in the group only to watch them pull out full stringers at the end of the day.

jerichoWA
02-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Greetings, I moved here last Febuary from Washington state where i did my fare share of fishing, mostly for sturgeon and salmon but i also trout fish every spring when the season opens. The Washington Department of Fish and Game has a spring trout stocking program that provides millions of individual hatchery fish ranging from 8 inches to well over 30 inches to hundreds of lakes, streams, and ponds through out the state every year. I consistanly fished several of these lakes every year. WDFG plant on the averange 15,000 to 40,000 hatchery fish depending on the particular body of water. From my experiences in the past, it takes two or more weeks of solid pressure from anglers to fish out a lake with 35,000-40,000 fish planted. Its almost like catching panfish, almost one in every cast.

My question is, how many individual fish are being planted every week? Whats the actual fish count? SARL/Corona never states a number, just that they are stocking thousands of pound of fish. Over the past month i fished SARL twice and i fished Corona last Saturday 02/21 with minimal sucess. I counted 75 rods on the west shore where i was fishing and i only saw a total of 6 fish landed and 2 of those fish were mine. I fished it hard going through the gamut of throwing trout worms, PB, castmasters, and inflated NC's for 8 straight hours and only producing 3 chances for a hook up. I was very lucky catching those 2 fish considering the fact that DOZENS of people were being skunked. The first time going to SARL i only caught a bluegill and the second time a 3# catfish which is pretty pathetic for paying the fee and having to work hard to beat a skunk. It might just be because i grew up in a region where the fishing is still abundant that i feel little negative about these paid lakes.

My opinion is, SARL/Corona should consider taking better care of their paid customers by providing more fish or people will stop going. If these lakes are fished out in a matter of ONE or TWO days like fisherman57 implies, the numbers of planted fish can't be that high. Im not going to promise that i wont be going back like some people here said, but i won't be very optomistic on my next outings.

Jericho

jerichoWA
02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Fisherman57,

did'nt you say you had to pull some strings to have SARL plant more fish in Chris's pond for your team 57 event due to the fact that the fishing was very slow. Being that all the participants paid extra to fish that event and promotion through the web would inhance future clientels, would'nt you think they would make sure to the best of their abilities (ei=more money more fish) for them to provide enough fish for everyone in the event. What would have happened if SARL did not agree to plant the additional fish? Im assuming there would have been some dissapointed people.

jericho

Koontaj
02-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Dana/Sansou,

Nice pics but that was Fridays...in Chris's pond. Not the main lake. Thats like comparing Castaic Lake to the Upper Smaller lake.- Can't compare compadres.

Chris's lake and the main lake at SARL are the same in regards to not comparing them.

Big Lake:

Has 4 net hold...near the dock...meaning most of the fish are in the nets...call them and they will confirm. :)

Has a larger amount of anglers fishing it, 10/10 times. Seen it 10/10 times.

Has Regs, public anglers etc.

Small Chris's Pond:

NO NETS!!! Besides the one the water is running through at the end. Means all fish are just swimming freely to be caught with some lucky ones swimming into the pipes to enter the main lake.

Got stocked "specially" for the FNN event- Kudos because even REGS can't get them to plant their "so called" already planted fish (thats in the nets).

It was on Saturday, when 20 anglers showed up when I 1st got to Chris's pond. All 20 were skunked by the time I left that spot after 3 hours! No bluegill, no talapia, nutting.
__________________________________________________ _____
Kind of funny how all these lightnings show only show for 1 day?

Come one guys, I've been fishing since 6...for at least 20 years now..been on the Register at least 5 times. You're telling me some people don't know how to fish? cuzz there was fish caught on Friday in Chris's Pond?!?! You can include some noobs in that cateogry, not me, I know what the shake down is. Marketing 101 at it's finest.

Look at their website, NO PICTURES for SATURDAY. Only SUNDAY...cuzz they take them from the nets on Sunday and stock. Been told by the workers there also, so who has the fact? and who has a theory? "some people know how to fish"...gotta find a new one cuzz that ones old boss.

Other then that, no LLoyds or even stringers for Saturday.

But yea, with regards to the Main lake and SARL...low fish counts. Bottom Line.

For the FNN even on Friday, KUDOS again to those who caught fish. Like I said, no hating, just pointing out something that is sooo obvious.

Corona sounds better then SARL in my opinion...

And Dana, Corona would be a nice spot to have a FNN event there this year. SARL ain't getting another penny from my butt. (i know they are managed by the same people, but Corona seems to be managed more professionally IMO..no nets).

Good day gentlemen.

I feel you, I've been to that lake (SARL) a couple of times and it sucks. I look around and natha...do they stock?:Confused: I did give up on that place, you do the same. As for corona (same co.), it seem to be a little better. I prefer irvine lake any day, I just go to corona lake for the Lighting trout. Hope you the guys from the 57gang..i mean club dont get me:Twisted:

Koontaj
02-24-2009, 01:06 PM
The "nets" you keep referring save you money in the end.

Regardless if it's the main lake or chris's pond, both lakes are extremely (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&ei=0SqjSYvFI4mGsQPOqoSrAg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=extremely&spell=1) small for the amount of pressure they get.

No need for me to call the lake and ask about the nets, I work with numerous "pay lakes" (including SARL / CORONA) all the time and I understand what management does with the nets and why they do it.

Trucking in fish, costs money. Dump all your fish in at once in a lake that small and GUARANTEED most will get fished out in a matter of days.....
Nets or no nets, ALL the fish eventually go into the lake.

I wish I owned a pay lake where I could guarantee "stringers" of fish for everyone..... but that will never happen with ANY pay lake unless they charge per fish or per pound..... or both.

The nets are there to avoid having to truck in more fish numerous times a week..... the costs of which would eventually be passed on to all of us and if that had to happen.... everyone would be paying alot more than $22.00 to get in.

You compared SARL to Irvine in your earlier argument, yet they are not even close to being the same type of body of water. I see skunk reports and low counts from every lake on this board. No one is immune.

Now, I certainly respect the fact that you think the nets are an important issue in regards to you catching fish and they may well be, but you state that you know what day they release the nets... so my question is, KNOWING that, why would you fish the day before, since you put so much emphasis on the net issue? The nets are not always used and they hold a very small percentage of the stocked fish when they are used.

You're also incorrect about nets not being used at Chris's Pond...... Although not the norm, they have used them to hold special fish stockings for events I've held there.

SARL makes no attempt to hide the nets, they are doing what they have to do. They, like Irvine Lake & LNL and other pay lakes are in business to make money, its a business. With that said, I assure you that they want people to catch fish, obviously the more positive reports that are posted, the more potential customers they will have.

Same goes for FNN and TEAM 57...... I want EVERYONE to catch a bunch of fish at the events and I do my best to see that everyone has a good time and a good chance at catching fish.... but I certainly can't GUARANTEE a "stringer" of fish for everyone.....

One last thing, make sure you express your thoughts and suggestions to lake management, not just the workers at the lake. Regardless of what you may think, they will read and listen to your feedback.

Check their website www.fishinglakes.com (http://www.fishinglakes.com) and you'll find a contact e-mail address.

Hope to see you at the Corona event!

Good day to you sir!

Damm! That was hard....ha ha ha

CASTAWAY
02-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Hope you the guys from the 57gang..i mean club dont get me:Twisted:

You are making me feel I should be careful when I am on the lake.
Should I start fishing with pepper spray in my tackle box just in
case you approach me?

Koontaj
02-24-2009, 02:25 PM
You are making me feel I should be careful when I am on the lake.
Should I start fishing with pepper spray in my tackle box just in
case you approach me?

Na! Homies :Cool:, , but that pepper spray gives me a good idea for scent...what do I got to lose. Shoot, I've seen people put wd40, which is not cool. Those are the guys that I will/have approached.

mx4life
02-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I have been fishing SARL for over 10 years now and I can say its going down the tubes also. 3 years ago was off the chain. It didnt matter what day you went there you could get a easy limit and have fun, and catch a loyd every now and then. But ever since they started that net BS its been hard fishing. This year out of about 10 trips I have caught about 10 fish. Pretty chity. The team 57 got stocked for the event, so by you guys saying hey we caught fish, well... you got a fresh stock. I dont have to much to say about it other then I know a few people who used to frequent the lake on the regular, but stoped when that net situation started, and at this rate, espically at 22 bucks a pop, I might be joining them soon. JMO

sumo
02-24-2009, 05:13 PM
To the comments that was said at the top its true for compaines to make a flyer thats going to bring in the business if its the truth or not the bad part about it is that if it does not work out for the company they can lose alot of customers no matter what.
I remember when i used to fish their its being about three years since i have gone their i stoped going because i wasent catching fish anymore and so i started to look for better places to go and i found better places to go and cheaper thats another thing is that the price for any pay lake that is higher then 15bucks you should be able to catch a fish or two if you are a beginner or advance fisherman no matter what but you have to think about the anglers that go to the pay lakes some might be better then others so they know were to go and what to use if its pb or night crawlers but like they say pictures are worth a thousand words so if you put a pic on the flyer people will go to catch that fish but at the same time they are realy smart people that know whats going on at those places thats why sometime you have just trust your gut and try your luck at those kinds of places or if you know anybody that goes their alot try to get with them and try their rutine on how they fish and what they use but some people like to be so to them selfs that they wont share their trick but if anything a fisherman should share their tricks or just how to catch that big or small fish because they could be learning so that they can their share it with their friends and family or another fisherman that needs help.

BeMorWize
02-24-2009, 05:55 PM

[Dana's]No offense taken, but you have no idea how long I've been going to that lake and all the others in So Cal. Regardless of that, Im not going to get into a debate of who knows more about what lake and so on.... i like to think we ALL can learn from each other....

--> You're right Dana, I don't know how long you've been going here and I'm not doubting that I know more or less then you. I used the years to give you and others the picture to show you how long I've been going there. That I'm not the individual who goes once or twice every couple of months and that I just didn't start fishing there recently and am now voicing my opinions. I frequent this lake at least 7 times since this new year 2009. That's 4 times a month, and on some occasions, 2 times a week easily. That's how much of a regular I was to SARL. We all can learn from each other as you say. No doubt.

[Dana's]I never said said whats in place should remain in place or anything of the sort. Any smart business, learns and continues to grow........ if not, they'll be left behind in their arena.

--> I think you hit it on the head. Only time will tell.

[Dana's]Again, Im confused. You say you've been fishing there for years & years, so you'd certainly be aware of the nets. You yourself stated where they are located and there has never been any attemt to "hide" the nets. So?.... now that you've suffered a couple skunks you're complaining about them? Do you8 complain about the nets when you limit? Not trying to be a jerk, but I just dont get it. Ive seen you time and again chime in on someone else's thread about a bad day at SARL, yet I see no "congrats" to those who have score some great fish there recently. Coincidence I guess.

--> Dana, again, I know change is inevitable. I continued to support them because I *thought* they would change in time. I get skunked here and there, everyone does. I'm not complaining about the skunks, I learn from them. That's how you avoid them and that is another reason why I keep coming back. To beat the skunk. I am voicing myself due to the nets and the structure in which they use it. That has always been my issue, not the skunk. I chime into other's threads here and there, you're right, you can pull them up by my name. You can also see More threads of me Supporting SARL from the start of my membership here, then hating on them, which I am not. ALso, you should check EVERY thread before making a statement that I have Never said congrats. So I guess "kudos" isn't a synanym for congrats/good job. Hmm. No I"M confused? I also said "kudos"= good job to those that caught fish on the 1st or 2nd page on here also. I've also said good job and congrats to SaintArv in some posts, Skunked714, guys from back in the days that support SARL and probabaly still do. What are you insinuating here Sir? Dana, please be careful of your words. Due to you being the "godfather"/"admin on here, people take what you say more then you know. (Koontaj) even thought it was hard, meaning harsh I'm assuming in regards to one post? ALso, when you say "fairwell BeMorWize"..it kind of sounds like, You're banned and good luck son! Just in IMO. I know you followed up with youre still welcome to join any event etc..and i', still here so no ban-thank you.. Again, I have nothing against you, I would just like to clear a few things and then I won't post on this thread anymore as how I stated. I would hate to not post and let others read something that is not all clear.

[Dana's]So the photo was that important to you that you posed for it allowed them to state on the board something that didnt really occur and take the pic? Maybe next time, let them know that the only way you want the photo taken is with the proper info, or you walk away. Im confident no one put a gun to your head and said "take the photo or else" LOL! Did you receive and accept a discount coupon for taking the photo? BTW.... I have no problem with you posting about a bait that doesnt work for you and others..... but if you allow something like the photo to happen, you're just as culpable.

--> Yea, I guess that is my fault for trying to get discounted tickets, call me a dummy for that one. But still, I spoke up, they let things remain that way and left some pics with "crave"- not. I would like to hear your honest opinion on what takes place there in regards to this, maybe even what you've heard. Oh, nvm, you can't say anything negative about them.

[Dana's]So, the fact that the fisherman was dishonest and caught the fish by "snagging" it becomes SARL's fault? They planted the fish to be caught in a proper manner. Sure they loved the publicity, I would too. But until someone showed me solid proof of the snagging, Im going with what my customer told me. If you have a pic of the snagging, please share it with me. I'll pass it along to SARL management.

--> Everyone has their own opinion once again. But, if I were a business owner, and I had 10+ people complain about something and all the stories are the same, and you only have 1 person who states they mouth hooked the fish, I would say he's bsin me and I would investagate it. btw, it was supposedly a record fish until the people looked into the matter before letting him have the claim due to the complaints. As for the complaints, they were towards the management team. Ask J.D. LoL, you still think I'm complaining without my facts Dana?

[Dana's]I agree with doing the right thing ALWAYS. Not just when no one is looking.

--> I'm glad we're all on this page...even you lurkers! :p

[Dana's]Again, you said it yourself. You paid to have an OPPORTUNITY to catch fish....... and so do the people that come on the days you dont. Its a simple business strategy, thats fair IMO.

--> BLind stocking the date would be the "fairest" in IMO. Stocking it on Thursday night and Sundays is not fait for those who come in between those days. That's obvious. I wonder how much they even stock....????????????????

[Dana's]Here's a bit of bad information... not EVERYTHING in life is beneficial for each individual each and every time. Your argument starts to turn toward whats best for YOU and I doubt they will make a decision based on whats good for one person. I believe what they do is make a decision based on whats good for the majority of their anglers.

--> I totally agree. I am speaking of my point, I am one of many anglers, a paying customer, a supporter; they don't have to make any decisions to benefit me alone Dana. As you can see from the threads, many others here and lurkers will agree with my point. Some with you, but it "isnt" just for me. THe change or whatever they decide to do in the future is their business and it will affect not only me, but others once again.

[Dana's]Irvine IS a much larger body of water and the fish have the opportunity to disperse better there than at SARL. Im not going to drag Irvine Lake into this debate, but I will say this. When they stock catfish, they now use pontoon boats to disperse the fish all over the lake. Like I stated above, they are trying to do whats right for the majority of anglers. Irvine has also started making a better effort to stock the fish in numerous areas rather than just one. When access to shoreline become more limited due to water level, they do other things. Judge as you will, but they're in business too and making decisions.

--> What is best for the majority? How many threads do you see on here that say "keep the nets at SARL". How many? How many support that idea besides you Dana? Are you not speaking from your point of view as I am? Nets are bad period. Fish don't belong in nets. Only for a moment. WHen its netted :)

[Dana's]Im not sure what "putting you on blast" means, but you stated yourself, you dont like nets, you know what day they release the fish.. and Ill assume you know what days they stock. My "blast" is..... knowing all this, why do you still go there? I would never discourage a patron from going to the pay lake of their choice, but it's obvious you dont like the policies and or catching ratio there, so why go? Especially on days that in your opinion stand out as unproductive. I guess I dont get it. No, I dont think everyone should fish on Sundays..... maybe just the ones with your exact perspective, as it may make for a better day. Do you really think that SARL doesnt want you to catch fish? C'mon.

--> Again, I "was" a supporter...no longer heading out there until someone makes changes or once in a bluuuuuuuue moon. If I wanted to get a stringer of trout, buying them at Albertsons is cheaper Dana. I go to relax, enjoy, fish, and support a place I where i grew up learning how to fish for lloyds and even the regular stocked fish. I only go on Saturdays depending on my schedule, you and I both know work comes 1st in regards to priorities. THAT is why i go on that crappy given day. Sucks to be me? I don't see it like you, to me, I still go because its the opportunity, but now even that is slipping due to the nets. Oh, and your last line is the funniest. Do I think SARL doesn't want me or anyone catching fish? ANswer is No, BUT they are doing everything they can to lower your CHANCES= which in turn saves them money by not stocking as much or as often-But i wouldn't know, would I? You can decide. YOu're right, in the end, they are still a business, any business likes saving $$$. Less fish being caught, more money saved! Same clients coming everyweek with new ones so they won't know what hit them. RIght?- Someone could think of this no?

[Dana's]Don't assume things... you know the old saying. LOL! So...... are you saying SARL is buying the lloyds only to have them die?

--> Read the whole paragraph, I mean WE pay for the fish eventually. So I guess my $22 dollars is going to charity when I pay? Hahahahhaha. THey use it to pay for the stocking. But wait, where did the money from the stockings come from?----the anglers who pay $22, some even more. Not assuming sir, just doing the math.

[Dana's]Uh, YES... it DID cost SARL more than a "damn thing". Do you really believe they want llyods (or any other fish for that matter) to die in a net rather than have some happy angler like yourself score a monster and report it? Uh, Im thinking thats not the case. Your logic makes no sense to me.

--> Logic is what their decisions should be based on, hence they are a business. Dana, that "damn thing" was our "damn thing", money. So again, it costed $$$ allocated by the anglers when they enter as a fee, and use that for payments on whatever it is they need to do. Stocking, mortgage/lease etc.. maybe I'm wrong and it goes to chairty, once again.

[Dana's]Why in the worl would I need to see the stocking receipts? It's THEIR business, not mine. If I dont believe in the business, I go somewhere else. Next time you're at WAL MART ask to see the business manager and tell him or her you'd like to see the receipts for their inventory when they advertise a product that sells out. Or better yet, ask to see their cost on a product. Security will escort you out in about 2 minues Id guess.

--> You sounded like you had "Facts" that only a small portion of the fish are in the nets Dana, you don't know that its true 24 hours. As you said, if it only takes a day or two to whipe the lake clean, then means no fish in the lake- obviously there are some. THen having the small portion being 500lbs, I think that the net has more in there than the lake in this case. I never said "go check the receipt Sir", I asked if "they showed you receipts?" in regards to how much was stocked and knowing the nets have the smaller portion???? there are 4, i repeat 4 nets there for a reason, not just 1 net....also, I asked you to ask about the time when their Lloyds in the net died during last year. WHen I asked, they told me, they didint escort me out...I think you have the wrong SARL here. I don't think they would do that you for aksing them "what happened". YOu ASSUMED on that one..."asking for their cost on product". LoL

[Dana's]My point to all this is, if you don't believe in the facilty or business, or dont like their prices, why continue to go for "years & years"? You yourself stated that youve been fishing there for many years! I'll be the first to admit.... "back in the day" things were different. Lots of things were better "back when"..... not an excuse, just a fact of life.

-->read my answer to why I come there...now I'm just taking time off from that place.

[Dana's]I love your "you admit" statement...... am I under legal question your honor?..... seriously, you sound like someone who cannot and will not be swayed in your opinion, and I RESPECT that. I also respect the fact that you have for the most part, kept the thread civil, hence my responses. Again, Im not going to debate other lakes when the lake you have the issues with is SARL.

--> My apologies for draggin in other lakes, they were used to compare to. I didn't ask for the other lakes Opinion. I use it for relative data/examples. And yea, we talked about being civil and respectful, no foul lango etc. THank you for making it clear Chief, as you can see, *changes* have taken place. Same can happen to SARL if you know what I mean. :)

BeMorWize
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM

[Dana's]Im good with that. Lets agree to disagree on this topic. Its clear where I stand and where you stand and I have no problem with difference of opinion!

[Dana's]Well, this I will address AGAIN. You and I exchanged PM's about this issue and I told you then and will tell you again, I have no problem with members telling their honest experience and issues at a lake (again, thats why this thread is still here). However, I will NOT allow comments that are nothing more than bashing and slanderous. Read the rules, you agreed to them when you signed up. Keep it civil and your opinion stays on the board!

--> Agreed to and will keep agreeing to this.

[Dana's]Again, implying that other FNN members do "not have enough balls" only alienates you from them. Why do that? However, I have a strong vibe you could care less.

-->Assuming? tisk tisk :) I do care Sir, I know kids read this, fathers, sons, etc. What I meant was to say something factual if you go here, just don't read. We need to be heard, not like a riot, just our opinions on certain things= the net.

Fairwell SARL

[Dana's]Fairwell BeMoreWize<---- Kinda harsh Sir as there was no need for this...SARL should be saying good by to me, not you unless you're banning me? I figured we were good, could be wrong?

[Dana's]You're still welcome at any event we host there!

--> thanks for the invite Dana. Maybe one day.Just wanted to clear some thing that you left for me to clear. Last post as I stated on this thread...

Fisherman57
02-24-2009, 06:30 PM
LOL! It's all good BMW. no hard feelings.

Obviously you're not banned (you just posted) nor would I ever ban a member who stayed within FNN rules. Kinda funny how certain people always assume the worst. I also never addressed you as "son".... I think all the things you keep adding to your argument are a bit skewed IMO. I think you thinking you'd get banned for having a civil discussion and critisism may shed light on your occasional thought process.

Please don't assume everyone is out to get you.

I guess I just don't understand why someone who is so unhappy about the conditions and catching ratio at a lake has already been there 7 TIMES in 2009... and were only 8 weeks into 2009.

Ill have to assume what you stated above is the truth and you've been there approx. once a week since the new year........at a place you say "has sunk so low it can't be saved"...... I just dont get that.

I answered your "Fairwell" statement in the exact same manner you said your "Fairwell". Doesnt feel good, does it? Although you addressed yours to SARL, I addressed mine to you to make a point. I would always welcome you to our events and have you as a member of this board (as long as you conduct yourself within FNN rules as every member is asked to do). You've done that, and Im appreciative. However, you did state that "This is the last post on this lake"... or something to the sort. So, the fact remains, you've not been banned, and your back posting about SARL again. All is well.

Your issue with the "verbage" used is way off base, I could care less what verbage you use as long as its within FNN rules........ I use that verbage on a regular basis.... its who I am.. My point was, it appeared to me that you make more of an effort to slam the lake than you do to report from it. Good or bad, let's hear it.

In those 7 trips to SARL this year, how many reports have you posted? Im fine with a "skunked" report and I want you to report your experience as it happened to you! Im confident you can do it within the rules of this board, others do! So why not report? Just pointing out the facts.

Oh, and for the record, I've never referred to myself as any type of "godfather" in any post or thread that I know of.... others have. I havent. Lots or people here have nicknames..... some deserved and some not IMO. LOL!

When I'm on line here on the board, I see myself as just another member, who enjoys the sport of fishing but who happens to be in charge of this message board. I stand on MY intergity, loyalty and word, not that of others nor do I hide behind anything. If you have an issue about how I represent myself in any manner, feel free to get ahold of me anytime and we'll discuss it. I hope that point is clear.

I happen to know BOTH the two members you refer to ("Skunked714" and "SaintArv") I have fished in a boat with 714 and Ive met Saint at Irvine once........ maybe more... its not important to the issues we're discussing here.

As for me not saying anything bad about the baits and lake that you despise, I say what I want, when I want, and I follow the rules when I do. I am a man of my own opinions and will... you want my personal opinon on something, send me a PM. I find no need to slander companies in public and call them liars...etc....... the difference between you and I is, if I dont have anything nice to say, I usually dont say anything. Just something I was taught by my late father. To each their own. When it comes to business..... and I really hate calling something like fishing a "business", but the fact remains it IS..... well, if I do have something to say, I speak with those that can get the issue changed, or I stop spending my hard earned cash with whomever that may be.

In regards to your photo, you agreed to take the photo, no one forced you to take it, you certainly saw and understood what was written on the chalkboard beforehand and now you state it was a lie. Would you be upset if someone questioned the weight of the fish? Could that have been a lie also? Im confident the weight was accurate. I can only speak for myself, but if I was asked to pose for a photo that contained false information, I wouldnt. But thats just me. Once you did so, you became culpable, dont you think?

Anyway.... we could drag this on and on..... its starting to become childish IMO..... and Im sure somehow it will continue, but if you want any further comment from me, I prefer you PM a request to me and we'll debate it via PM's.......

Tight lines everyone!