PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris 22 Feb: Afternoon

Fresh H2O Bill
02-23-2009, 07:55 AM
I haven't been out to Perris yet this year so I decided to dust off the tube and go wet a line. Been mainly fishing BBL and South Fork for trout.

I arrived at the lake at 1:30 and fished until 5:30. There was not a breath of wind and it was overcast. The lake was pretty empty, only saw about 7 boats in the area. I fished Sail Cove and the Dam areas.

Well, long story short, I got the "El Skunko". Tried numerous set-ups for nada. Mojo rigged worms, DS worms, jigs, creature baits, without any success. I did see two (2) 1.5-2 lb bass caught and taken, but that was it. It was a great day on the water though and it felt good to be back at the local water hole. Until next time, tight lines to all!

Bill

Matthew 4:19

ART HILL
02-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Any day on the water is a good day. The fish are just a bonus.

Seng90806
02-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Any day on the water is a good day. The fish are just a bonus.

so very true :LOL: you'll get em next time!!!

fishntime
02-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the report. Until Next time!

annex138
02-23-2009, 10:02 AM
I might have seen you out there. I was near the dam most of the day near where the 2nd fishing pier used to be in my little 12' aluminum boat. I was after bluegills and only ended with 3 after fishing for about 5 hours. I heard someone landed a 10lber but not sure where or what it was caught on.

Fresh H2O Bill
02-23-2009, 10:34 AM
I might have seen you out there. I was near the dam most of the day near where the 2nd fishing pier used to be in my little 12' aluminum boat. I was after bluegills and only ended with 3 after fishing for about 5 hours. I heard someone landed a 10lber but not sure where or what it was caught on.

Annex 138,

Yeah, I saw you there most of the afternoon. You left as I was kicking back toward the bouy line at Sail Cove. Way to hang in on the gills and "Congrats" on the new boat. See ya out there again .....

Thanks for the read and the encouragement guys .....

Bill

Matthew 4:19

basscatcher
02-23-2009, 03:37 PM
perris can be a really good lake and next it can be dead. that stinks to hear about that those bass. people like that make fishing harder.

God Bless

basscatcher

Skyler
02-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, it's pretty slow right now, and the water is WAY down. I was there saturday and only got one dink. Only saw one guy catch anything for that matter, a shore fisherman with two carp on a stringer, caught with corn. A guy in a bass boat said he caught one bass around 6 pounds, but nothing else. I was in a kayak, trolling cranks most of the time, so I covered A LOT of water. Still only caught one 10" male while pulling a LC Slender Pointer 112 MR in MS American shad. I was doing about 1.4 MPH, and I got hit right as the bait started to tick the bottom as I came into a flat. I also pulled a mealworm on a dropshot, and a caroline rig, for about two hours at a slow pace for nada. Hopefully things will pick up after this storm system. Tight lines, and sorry to hear about the skunk.

Socal Bassman
02-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Sorry to hear about the skunk and thanks for the report. I haven't been to Perris yet since Nov. Maybe I'll dust off the old tube and hit it up one of these days.