PDA

View Full Version : Vail Lake 2/22/09

Fishing_Wife
02-23-2009, 07:01 AM
My husband and I have been debating for months if we should get a membership at Vail Lake, so we finally decided on Saturday to just do it, we are now officially members. We decided we couldn't wait to use our membership, so we headed out there yesterday. It sure is nice to pull up to a lake and not have anyone in line! We headed out to start by the dam. Pulled up next to Art Hill with some clients. My husband threw out and showoff caught a fish just about his first cast. I'll show him. Well, no such luck. Then Art moved off and the minute he left, bingo, I got a nice little one. We moved around the lake a bit to get used to the new terrain and my husband ended up catching 6 and I caught 7, before it started raining on us. Three of mine were decent sized. We took a few pictures of them, but wouldn't you know, the camera we keep in the boat decided to die. Time to start bringing the good camera. All fish were caught on the drop shot or split shot. One of the bigger fish I caught was probably only in 6 feet of water.

Beth and Brian

Seng90806
02-23-2009, 07:31 AM
:LOL: great going out there!! :LOL:

ART HILL
02-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Beth and Brian, it was great to see you out there yesterday. Brian rolls up on a spot close to me, hollors hello, then proceeds to stick a fish right in front of me and my customers on his very first cast. That was pure classic. Nice job Brian!

You guys had a very good day compared to a lot of the people out there. I talked to a lot of the guys out there yesterday, and most of them said they were struggling hard. The only thing I would guess, is that the heavy boat traffic yesterday put the fish off the bite. And they may have been pounded hard on Saturday. Conditions were perfect though.

fishntime
02-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Must be nice to be able to get a membership. Thanks for the good report

a biley
02-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Beth and Brian, it was great to see you out there yesterday. Brian rolls up on a spot close to me, hollors hello, then proceeds to stick a fish right in front of me and my customers on his very first cast. That was pure classic. Nice job Brian!

You guys had a very good day compared to a lot of the people out there. I talked to a lot of the guys out there yesterday, and most of them said they were struggling hard. The only thing I would guess, is that the heavy boat traffic yesterday put the fish off the bite. And they may have been pounded hard on Saturday. Conditions were perfect though.

i think he wants your clients :LOL:

Fishing_Wife
02-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Must be nice to be able to get a membership. Thanks for the good report

If it wasn't for tax returns, we wouldn't have been able to do it.

Beth and Brian.