PDA

View Full Version : Pudd Lifeguard training video

Sage
02-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Now I know where the Pudd Lifeguards get their training from.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4705419688085229208&q=jim+carrey

Or try
http://www.muveetube.com/view/50/jim-carrey-lifeguard-on-duty/

:LOL:

surfnfish
02-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Video's funny. Your comment isn't. I'm a lifeguard at Puddingstone. I don't understand all the hatin'.

nismotech91
02-22-2009, 10:42 PM
What's wrong with the lifeguards at puddingstone????

a biley
02-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Video's funny. Your comment isn't. I'm a lifeguard at Puddingstone. I don't understand all the hatin'.

take me on the boat to fish!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-23-2009, 08:01 AM
I dont think he was hating surf ,and fish. If he was, he might not understand what intense trainings involved to be a la county life gaurd. Ive been around the pudd for 50yrs ,and have seen the physicall training you guys have to go thru . That doesnt count the countless hours of schooling ,and emt training. I know even when i was young ,and a good swimmer, i could have never gone thru it. I knew all the life guards in the 80,s when i fished off the boat rental. They were pretty cool ,except a couple who thought, they were gods gift to man. The reason they seem to have an attitude ,is picture 100 jet skiers on that little puddle ,and trying to make sure no one gets killed. The pudd does average a few deaths a year, that i remember. Ive seen some stupid people on boats, and jet skies thru the years. We need to appricate the job and pressure lifeguards have, and forget about the few badd apples you will find in any law type enforcement posistion.keep the good work ,and god bless ...mike the pmb....

surfnfish
02-23-2009, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=PUDD MASTER BAITER;312730] The pudd does average a few deaths a year, that i remember. QUOTE]

Fortunately that isn't entirely true. There hasn't been a swimming related death in close to 15 years. However, that doesn'r rule out th crazy boaters and PWC'ers. I'm farl certain there hasn't been a death within the park since the plane crash about 6 years ago. I'll admit like any position of authority some guards do come off as d**kish. That's just a fact of life and like you said you can find bad apples everywhere. I appreciate you guys supporting the guards at the Pudd because we all sure do our best to take care of the anglers out there. be sure to say hi to the guards if you want almost all of them are really cool to talk to.

BassFreak
02-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Be legal, Follow the rules and regs of the park and the lifeguards / sheriff wont bother you. Theyll actually be nice enough to help you out like towing your boat or helping you put it on the trailer. and if youre really nice to them, they might even share with you the secret Carne Asada magic bait at the Pudd.. :EyePop:

DarkShadow
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Be legal, Follow the rules and regs of the park and the lifeguards / sheriff wont bother you. Theyll actually be nice enough to help you out like towing your boat or helping you put it on the trailer. and if youre really nice to them, they might even share with you the secret Carne Asada magic bait at the Pudd.. :EyePop:

I agree.

Although, the last time I was out there with Phil this time last year, we got 'stopped' twice.

The first time, it was hilarious, as Phil is cruising no more than 5 MPH in a cove, and turns over to me saying, "I go extra slow 'round these parts because the Pudd lifeguards can be a little...I dunno."

As he's saying this, we get pulled over saying we were going 'too fast' in a no-wake zone. We looked at each other and almost burst into laughter after making our "WTF" face.

When they pulled off, we couldn't help but be amazed at the fact we were making a conscious effort to not break the law, but we got stopped anyway. Phil can attest to this, as we laughed about it all the way home.

I loved the, "You must be first time boaters here at Puddingstone," speech that we got at our first run in that day. :ROFL:

Must have been a slow morning, I guess.

basscatcher
02-24-2009, 05:08 PM
i remember that plane accident. my dad was debating to go fish that spot that day and my mom told him no he should stay home and then that happened. but the lifeguards at the pudd are great people they are just doing there job.

God Bless

basscatcher