PDA

View Full Version : Sunday the 22nd at Corona

Marley
02-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Hit up Corona this fine Sunday. It had been a rough week at work and I needed to fish. Truth be known, I needed to kill something, and a couple of tasty trout would fit that bill nicely. Irvine wasn’t exciting this week, and SARL was muddy. My tube is out of the water and I didn’t want to mess with a 4-hour rental at LNL, so I trucked it down the highway. Besides, I really like the fight and table fare those lightning trout offer, so I went searching for a brace of them.Got through the gate around 9 and was parked at Marley’s Secret Spot by 10:00, having stopped mid-lake to see if the meatball from 2 weeks ago was still there. Of course it wasn’t, so way back to Marley’s I went.It took a few minutes for the fish to find me, but they were there and hungry. I caught fish on the blown herbed wiggler and the PMS (white head with a pink tail, and white with a chartreuse tail.) I had a couple of fish break off, one that took air half a dozen times before I could get the slack out of the line, only to have it fall on the line and break it off. The second busted off on the hookset, having nailed a chartreuse-and-white mouse. I missed a dozen hits on the mouse. It’s not my go-to method and I’m not yet keen to the nuances of the bite. Not yet…My big fish of the day went an official 6 pounds and hit my beloved half crawler, herbed and blown, and fish 16 inches off the bottom. No need for short leaders in the overly-stained water today, they bit suspension just fine. Off the water at 3:00 with a limit of rainbows and a stop by Tom’s Farms for fresh veggies, and then on home. No lightning for me today.

Here’s my big fish:

http://www.allcoast.com/photos/data/504/100040cl20037229-med.jpg

And a view of the lake (odd-looking edges on some of those clouds):

http://www.allcoast.com/photos/data/504/100040cl20047230-med.jpg

Marley
02-23-2009, 08:52 PM
YAY! Fixed the picture link.

Daryl
02-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Beaut of a fish Marley. Should have blurred the background; now I know where Marley's secret spot is. :LOL:

Great job!

Rooster
02-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Nicely done Markley, Great looking trout

Seng90806
02-23-2009, 10:17 PM
man that trout looks beautiful :LOL: great going out there

CASTAWAY
02-24-2009, 07:16 AM
I was there doing it on shore. Farmed three....:Head Bang::Head Bang:

Fisherman57
02-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Beautiful fish Marley!

Corona continues to produce!
and........Thanks for sharing baits & technique, very cool.

Hope to see you at the next TEAM 57 event!

Dana

fishndrinknsmokin
02-24-2009, 07:55 AM
I love it! Awesome report Marley. Way to fill the stringers out there!

Marley
02-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Beaut of a fish Marley. Should have blurred the background; now I know where Marley's secret spot is. :LOL:

Great job!

DOH! I guess it's okay if you know, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else.

Daryl
02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
DOH! I guess it's okay if you know, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else.

You got it!:Thumbs Up: