PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Lake 2.22.09

TEAM CASTIN
02-22-2009, 06:43 PM
We got to the lake at 9:00 am,there was 4 people all together and 6 poles in the water.we were on the east side of the lake,behind the big island.my dad and big bro had 2 poles,one for catfish and one for trout.They had chicken liver on the catfish one and charetuse glitter,and me and my little brother had 1 pole with power bait.So we all cast out,and its slow for about 2 hours for no nibbles or nothing.Then 11:00 o'clock hits,and my little brothers pole starts to nibble,so he sets the hook and the trout get to the shore and I try to net it but i dont see it.Then the fish spit out the hook,and as the fish is swimming away,we all see it and it about a 6 pound trout :mad:

About an hour goes by and no bites.1 o' clock hits and my big bro gets a huge hit on chicken liver.He fights it for about 5 minutes because it kept running back and fourth.We finally get it up to shore,I net it and we weigh it,and its a 5 pound catfish.

About 5 minutes after that,I look at my pole and it's just nibbling and nibbiling,then it just go's crazy like ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.So I hook it and its a really good fight about 5 minutes,and it turns out to be a 4 pound sturgeon

And about 1 hour later it's 2 o'clock,and my dad gets a hit,and it turns out to be a 2 pound trout.15 minutes later,my big brother trout pole slams hard with just ZZZZZZZZZZ and the pole is popping up and down.So he hooks it and he gets it up to shore I net it and its a 4 pound trout and its really fat.:Big Grin:

My lil bro gets a hit,and its another 2 pound trout,my dad re-rigged his catfish pole.And he put to hooks on it,with both chicken liver.He cast his pole out right under the broken of tree in the island.We get no bites for about 2 hours,and my dad gets a hit on his catfish pole,and its a BIG one,it's another good fight and we get it in and it's turns out to be a 6 pound catfish:Shocked:.Now it's 4:30 and it starts raining,so we go home

It was on and off rain all day,but at about 4:30 it really started coming down hard.

You should really try this lake,it good action and big action.We are thinking about going again in about 2 weeks.

2 catfish
1 stuergon
3 trout

so 6 fish all together not that bad,so bye everyone:Big Grin:

Team Castin,