PDA

View Full Version : Oh, just in case that you didn't know. LNL INFO

chivo
02-22-2009, 05:23 PM
I've been triing to get a straight answer from the staff at LNL. And today i've got one. I heard that LNL was going to stock Brown trout or golden trout. Well off the bat i knew it would have been golden trout. Nobody stocks golden trout. So i e-mail and asked, and e-mailed and asked. I think they got sick of me and sent this message from a staff member. I still don't believe it. What do you think??? I know that if this is true, than the day after they stock them, i'll be at the gate at 2am waiting. I've seen many FNNers with golden trout from the sierra's and am dying to get one for myself. Here's the e-mail:

We are happy you are enjoying the fishing this year, it turned out to be a good season. We are not going to be stocking Browns - we have another load of Emerald on Monday night then we will have 2 stocking with Golden & Rainbow Trout. Hope to see you out there.
Thanks,
Bobbie Mendoza

Has anyone heard anything about these goldens?????????

-Chris

Slims
02-22-2009, 06:07 PM
I am willing to bet these "goldens" are actually lightning trout, not the golden trout we all know and love from the eastern sierras. LNL cannot call them lightning trout because AFAIK that name is copyrighted by the guys from SARL/Corona.

I know when hesperia and irvine stocked lightnings, they called them california golden trout or something like that.

chivo
02-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I am willing to bet these "goldens" are actually lightning trout, not the golden trout we all know and love from the eastern sierras. LNL cannot call them lightning trout because AFAIK that name is copyrighted by the guys from SARL/Corona.

I know when hesperia and irvine stocked lightnings, they called them california golden trout or something like that.

Bro i don't think are relizing what golden trout are. Golden trout and lightning trout are like largemouth and smallmouth bass. They are both trout but they can not be duplicated. Plus LNL has Emerald trout,which look slightly like lightning trout other than the fact that there meat is 100% different colors and the emeralds jump 2 to 5 feet (YES, FEET)out of the water. So if any fish is copying the lightning trout its the emerald trout, NOT these golden trout that are supposed to be stocked in a month.Next........

samgann93
02-22-2009, 07:27 PM
i like trout =P

Slims
02-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Bro i don't think are relizing what golden trout are. Golden trout and lightning trout are like largemouth and smallmouth bass. They are both trout but they can not be duplicated. Plus LNL has Emerald trout,which look slightly like lightning trout other than the fact that there meat is 100% different colors and the emeralds jump 2 to 5 feet (YES, FEET)out of the water. So if any fish is copying the lightning trout its the emerald trout, NOT these golden trout that are supposed to be stocked in a month.Next........

All Im saying is that I know for a FACT that other lakes call lightning trout golden trout. Take that info or leave it.

vanillagurilla
02-22-2009, 09:33 PM
yeah and LNL's "emerald" trout are thunder trout that sarl used to stock but lost the contract. oh and u might want to get there earlyer than 2am... i get there at 8pm the day b4.

chivo
02-23-2009, 06:03 PM
yeah and LNL's "emerald" trout are thunder trout that sarl used to stock but lost the contract. oh and u might want to get there earlyer than 2am... i get there at 8pm the day b4.

Well whatever they are, i don't really care. but these golden trout are intresting me.

aboos
02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
like slims said, i highly doubt that they're true golden trouts (eastern sierras). considering goldens dont exist below 10,000 feet elevtion..but who knows. got me interested.

BishopTrouter
02-23-2009, 08:48 PM
They really should continue stocking those steelhead... the meat on those was ridiculously red and they fought harder than any other stocker trout ive ever hooked!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/BishopTrouter/fish/Picture350.jpg

troutdog
02-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Those are some fine looking fillets!

TD