PDA

View Full Version : Srpro BBZ-1 shad vs. Tru Tungsten 4" shad

carlsbadsurfer07
02-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Both of these baits are very similar but i was curious if anyone had opinions on which was better, or if there are better shad like swimbaits on the market that are good. Here's what i've concluded...the tru tungsten looks a little cheap, but i like the idea that you can adjust the weight, and that there's two hooks (better hookup?). The bbz 1 shad is advertised like crazy and who can argue with bill siemantel? Help me out here!

calico killer kevin
02-22-2009, 05:25 PM
I've had luck with neither, but I haven't thrown them a lot either. I guess
I kind of gave up on them because I haven't seen a lot of 4" shad
swimming around these waters...

Anyways, I like the swimming action of the BBZ Shad better, but the weight
exchange thing on the Tru-Tungsten is way cool. I would rather stick with
trout swimmies for the big ones...

socalrippin
02-22-2009, 05:26 PM
bbz1 shad is the shiznit!!! sexy lavender caught me 20 plus striper in a night!

carlsbadsurfer07
02-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Did you catch it at DVL recently?

FishingFanatic
02-24-2009, 08:47 AM
I have the BBZ Shad. It looks awesome in the water and I rip it like a fleeing shad. However, I bought the "Slow Sink Version" and it sinks 1' a second just like the fast sink? whats that about? I tested it in a 8' pool and it took 8 seconds to rest standing up on the bottom. THe versitility of Tru-Tungston would be nice but does it look as real as the bbz-shad. I have the lavender. Double hooks definetly would not hurt the fish sticking ratio. I think BBZ got the design right on this bad boy.

dodoman
02-24-2009, 09:29 AM
the b.b.z. shads are killers.
have you seen the new garage shads?

ddoskocil
02-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Dodo - you must have 9,000 lures - either purchased or made. Are you a millionare, or just spend all your money on the fish??? LOL.

I have the Spro BBZ fast sink Shad, haven't used it yet, but think it will be a killer in deep clear water like DVL.

dodoman
02-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Dodo - you must have 9,000 lures - either purchased or made. Are you a millionare, or just spend all your money on the fish??? LOL.

I have the Spro BBZ fast sink Shad, haven't used it yet, but think it will be a killer in deep clear water like DVL.

lol, i just dont tell the wife about the bonus checks.:Envious:
THE WATER AT D.V.L. IS SUPER CLEAR.
i was there a couple days ago, could see about 40ft deep.

fishtacosmmm
02-25-2009, 05:19 PM
both are nice

Lechuga
03-05-2009, 01:57 PM
eenee meenee minee moe !