PDA

View Full Version : The West Coast Wins The Classic!!!!

Ambassadorhawg
02-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Congrats to Skeet Reese for winning the 2009 Bass Master Classic!!! I knew the West would dominate!!!!

a biley
02-22-2009, 04:58 PM
So what exactly is the Classics? Is it the first tournament?

Ambassadorhawg
02-22-2009, 05:09 PM
The Bass Master Classic is the top annual tournament hosted by the Bass Anglers Sportsman Society (B.A.S.S.). Participants have to qualify using a points system throughout the season for tournament finishes. I believe that only the top 50 anglers from the entire world will qualify.

This is the biggest bass tournament on the planet. Winnings included $500,000 plus at least that much more in sponsor endorsements.

Having a West Coast angler win this event is big news. B.A.S.S. tournaments have historically been limited to Eastern U.S. anglers but in the last 10 years or so, the West Coast pro anglers have joined in on the fun and have really given the Eastern guys a run for their money.

a biley
02-22-2009, 05:23 PM
i knew that part, but I originally thought they have to be the top for those 8 tournaments they had, or is that a completely different thing? BTW I think Skeet Reese will be at BPS Rancho Cucamonga sometime next month

Ambassadorhawg
02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
B.A.S.S. has divisional tournaments all over the country each season plus the televised Elite series events. The winners of each division, Elite series, the top female, last year's Classic winner, Angler of the year and some other qualifying statuses get anglers into the Classic.

I hope this answers your question?

a biley
02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
I was pulling for Rick Clunn to win it again, but I was disappointed with his total weight... Mike Iaconelli looked like he fished flawlessly, didn't he start at like 9th place at the end of day 2? He ended up taking 2nd!

a biley
02-22-2009, 05:31 PM
B.A.S.S. has divisional tournaments all over the country each season plus the televised Elite series events. The winners of each division, Elite series, the top female, last year's Classic winner, Angler of the year and some other qualifying statuses get anglers into the Classic.

I hope this answers your question?

yes it does! thank you

Ambassadorhawg
02-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I was pulling for Rick Clunn to win it again, but I was disappointed with his total weight... Mike Iaconelli looked like he fished flawlessly, didn't he start at like 9th place at the end of day 2? He ended up taking 2nd!

I like those guys also, BUT....they have already won the thing before plus they are Eastern anglers, not WESTERN bassers! We are the best of the best....

Lightning
02-22-2009, 06:06 PM
I wanted Dean Rojas...gotta love a guy that fishes topwater frogs no matter what the conditions.

a biley
02-22-2009, 06:19 PM
I wanted Dean Rojas...gotta love a guy that fishes topwater frogs no matter what the conditions.

haha! true! when's jake and jason coming back? didn't they move? We're in torrance now

FISH ON
02-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Congrats to Skeet Reese for winning the 2009 Bass Master Classic!!! i hope he did a winners dance. congrats to skeet its been a long time coming.

bassin g
02-22-2009, 10:52 PM
yes I was tired of Tommy Sanders hating on the west coast anglers. he couldnt fish his way
out a paper bag. Congratulations to Skeet Reese great win the red river has good size bass
in there.

FishermanStu
02-22-2009, 11:07 PM
im no gonna lie i was pullin for ike but reese is just as good, at hes west coast

DarkShadow
02-23-2009, 08:44 AM
http://www.phatpimpclothing.com/hi/phatpimp/images/ex_skeet3.jpg

fishntime
02-23-2009, 09:06 AM
I really wanted to See Ike win, and I thought he had in the bag. I just like his enthusiasim. But Skeet deserved it. Congrats to you Skeet Resse.

ZplugJunkie
02-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Can you say, "Skeet, Skeet,Skeet"...

DarkShadow
02-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Can you say, "Skeet, Skeet,Skeet"...

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jose_solano/DaveChappelleLilJon.jpg

YEAH!!!