PDA

View Full Version : Bakersfield Crew...Bass Fishing This Season

BakoBassin
02-22-2009, 01:56 PM
So I have the bug again this year. I'm really looking to make this a productive year.

This goes out to the folks that already are into it or want to be. Some of you may already know through the text reports and such that I've been sending out.

I've been hitting spots almost daily for the last week or so with extremely limited success, which is fine. The weather's been real unstable, so it should be expected.

What I'm getting at is a consistent info share between us all through texts and such. So if I don't have your number...and you don't mind...PM me and let me know.

Also, this isn't just about sharing the info, but it also gives you/us an opportunity to meet one another and have more fishing buddies when you don't feel like going alone. There's always an opportunity to learn something new from someone. I really enjoy the fact that I've met quite a few folks here locally and have some fun days out fishing with people I wouldn't know otherwise.

Joerod
02-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Good post, I agree with what bako said

trail blazer
02-22-2009, 04:22 PM
well said BAKO

J. Owen
02-22-2009, 04:40 PM
anyone come central coast let me know

FISH ON
02-22-2009, 06:51 PM
thanks bako for all your work 0n this project. was very interesting last year send/receive messages from you. sorry bako for the hijack thread attempt. went to issy yesterday and got the skunk. water temp 49 and level very low. bright spot was no wind. never seen this before but the north fork marina and french marina are in the same cove.

dalean08
02-23-2009, 07:44 AM
I need to get up to Issy with the gps unit!!!!! Taftman you listening

cutbait
02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
I need to get up to Issy with the gps unit!!!!! Taftman you listening

I got Pictures Brent... I will show em to you on the 12th of July. HAHA..

sign me up BAKO. With a limited, tight-knit group the "BAKO BITE HOTLINE" should help us avoid many a skunk.

Heck you got SKaguy with a constant trout update, TB nailing the stripes. Dalean is all over the best carp action in the county. HAHA..... should workout well if the members abide by the rules set forth by the visionary BAKO-BASSIN

BakoBassin
02-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah FISH ON...Isabella won't be real good until July. The surface temp near the shore at Ming yesterday was 58-60!!! I'll keep you informed through PM's here due to your text situation.

I like doing this because I like to see everyone catch fish. Whenever we're out, I'm happy if someone catches something even if I don't. It's really nice to get 2 or 3 guys fishing somewhere using different things and sharing info and techniques. I'm certainly no expert, but I catch my share...and a LOT of what I learned was from fishing with other people.

My buddy which has been a tuber for years has been talking about starting another tube/kickboat/kayak bass tourney club. We fished in the last club we had here in Bakersfield. All this we're doing now could be a good precursor to getting another one started.

Anyways, I'll shut up for now :Envious:

BakoBassin
02-24-2009, 10:49 AM
anyone come central coast let me knowI haven't been over that way in quite a while. I love Naci...even though you catch a lot of small fish. It's fun though. San Antonio is really cool when it's good. Especially with the chance to get SM and LM. I caught a 4+ SM there about 4 years ago. Lots of different type areas to fish there too...with different main lake spots, three fingers and Harris Cove.

BakoBassin
02-24-2009, 10:53 AM
BTW folks...Send me a friend request via this board. We can do more detailed reports that way.

Just click on my name and add to contacts.

Skaguy04
02-24-2009, 12:47 PM
I
Heck you got SKaguy with a constant trout update, TB nailing the stripes. Dalean is all over the best carp action in the county. HAHA..... should workout well if the members abide by the rules set forth by the visionary BAKO-BASSIN

That is too funny! Dalean loves those CRAPS!

BakoBassin
02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
That is too funny! Dalean loves those CRAPS!

I get all my carp on bread colored buzz baits and corn crank baits.

Skaguy04
02-25-2009, 12:58 PM
i get all my carp on bread colored buzz baits and corn crank baits.

balls!!!!!!!

Eat Sleep Fish
02-25-2009, 03:21 PM
BTW folks...Send me a friend request via this board. We can do more detailed reports that way.

Just click on my name and add to contacts.

sounds good.

BakoBassin
02-26-2009, 08:56 AM
balls!!!!!!!

Shut it, right meow.

dalean08
02-26-2009, 09:58 AM
funny thing is I have never caught a carp in my life now the crap's oh bet your ***** I have caught them before! Dave's is all I have to say about that

Skaguy04
02-26-2009, 08:30 PM
shut it, right meow.

ssstoooooooooppppp!!!! Nooooooo!!! Noooo!!!

Look what i can do!

4x4Tracker
03-03-2009, 07:32 PM
That's a great idea! I've promised to treat myself to more fishing days this year. I don't get out as nearly often as I would like. Add me to your contact list if you like - I'd like to hear (and share) more local reports!

BakoBassin
03-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Good deal, 4X4. Always room for more friends.

BakoBassin
03-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey everyone...Something has happened to our family that is real bad. We're not going to let it beat us, but there will be a strain on everything I'v been trying to build here with you all.

So please know that if I'm not as involved for a while, there is a reason. I feel bad since I was getting everyone all fired up, but I need to take care of my family.