PDA

View Full Version : Team 57 at SARL

Mojave River Angler
02-22-2009, 10:54 AM
I also enjoyed my fist time out with Team 57. I had been to SARL twice before, and got skunked both times. So this round was a do or die for SARL as far as possible future fishing locations. I threw out Power Bait in Corn Yellow, Orange, and Chartuse in the morning. Got one bite early but didn't get there in time to hook up. I had no bites from the time the sun came up until after lunch. At lunch time I won three half price coupons and some lures in the raffle. So I figured even if I had to smoke the skunk weed this time, I still might have to come back. I got back out there after lunch and threw out some Spring Green PB and within 5 min. was able to reel in a 2.5 lb rainbow. I put the skunk week back in the tackle box for another day. I really did want to nail one of those lightening trout to show the faimily. You guys posted some nice pictures so they got to see them anyway.

I'm thinking to take the raft (ya, I use a 13' whitewater raft with Minn Kota 55 to fish) down to Corona to burn my half off coupons. When I have a date locked in I'll let you guys know. I can get 4 fishing comfortably and I don't want any empty seats.

Had a great time...I'll be back.

MRA

Mondo21
02-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the report and pics. Looks like you had a nice time out there. Team 57 Peeps rocks:Dancing Banana: Cindy:Big Smile: Come and visit us at the Vine also.

fishndrinknsmokin
02-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Glad you beat the skunk MRA! Curtis watched you catch your beast and got energized again when you hooked up. Glad you got the 1/2 price passes to help you get on some fish at Corona. Full stringers for ya next time!

Peace out...FDS

Hitts0n
02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the report! Glad you got on to some fish!

troutdog
02-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Way to punk the skunk MRA, I thought the amount of passes raffled off was awesome...glad some of them made it your way!

TD