PDA

View Full Version : Corona tomorrow!!!

BOIL909
02-21-2009, 10:01 PM
whos going!!! any tips?

Slims
02-22-2009, 10:34 AM
My advice to you is: dont go, fish elsewhere. It seemed to be fished out on saturday, unless you were in a boat and fished the middle or backside of the lake. I went with a buddy of mine that wanted a lightning. We got there at 230am to get a good spot by the dam. We did get a pretty good spot, but the bite was pretty dead.

We fished crawlers, powerbait, marshmalllows, and jigs. My buddy managed two rainbows on nightcrawlers. That was fishing from 6am to 4pm. We literally fished all day. I counted the bended rods around the dam area to the boat launch, and I only saw maybe 13 fish caught all saturday.

I did see quite a few boat fisherman nailing some fish, but they were all in deeper water, out of shore angler reach.

Corona is expensive, and now the sunday fisherman are probably erking out a few more fish, so by monday I think it will be pretty much fished out.

Unless the reason no one was catching on saturday was the shock of all the bait in the water. Who knows, maybe the bite will pick up when there is less noise and people on the lake.