PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire 2/21/09

Jackpot Jimmy
02-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Once again fished the Spitfire today, with fellow regulars Ray, Bill, Tom, Jerry, Jim, and Carlos, and a few others on the boat. Crew today would consist of Captain Stevo, Debo in the galley, and Morgan working on deck. Ran up to fish the usual stones for sand bass.

The morning was tough for the most part. A few bass here and there, but no real substantial action. We had a couple spots in 12 fathoms that produced a little, but nothing that would stay and bite for us. So, we headed inside a little, and it paid off. We fished a few spots in shallow, which produced the bulk of our bass. We finished off the day further south, where we got some more bass to top off our sacks.

Those who worked at it got close to limits or limits. I ended up with 9 bass, a few shorts, and one nice cabezon, which was released. Candy bait sure helped today. Anyway, good times, and great fishing!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Jackpot-Jimmy/001-7.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Jackpot-Jimmy/002-10.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Jackpot-Jimmy/004-8.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Jackpot-Jimmy/005-11.jpg

ghetto dad
02-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Nice jimmy...we got bait for tomorrow????

GD

Jackpot Jimmy
02-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Nice jimmy...we got bait for tomorrow????

GD

Most likely, if not, we have plenty of fresh frozen.

ghetto dad
02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Most likely, if not, we have plenty of fresh frozen.

i see save it for the yakkers huh?????? nice......:Evil:

GD

Jackpot Jimmy
02-21-2009, 06:50 PM
i see save it for the yakkers huh?????? nice......:Evil:

GD

Only had a couple scoops of it today. The NDM might pass some off, but Stevo said we'll most likely have some.

ghetto dad
02-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Only had a couple scoops of it today. The NDM might pass some off, but Stevo said we'll most likely have some.

ok, thanks yakkpot jimmy.....lol.....

GD

50 peeps tomorro....

hakaveli
02-21-2009, 06:59 PM

Jimmy how in the hell u manage to get out every weekend or back to back days

ghetto dad
02-21-2009, 07:02 PM

I told you Hak, thats how white kids roll........:Big Grin:

GD

Jackpot Jimmy
02-21-2009, 07:03 PM

It's a relatively easy drive for my dad and I, and we just love the boat and crew.

JapanRon
02-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi hakaveli,

Hey ..... I'm sure you noticed his board name. The kid is like the cookie monster. Put him in the jackpot and all you hear all day is cookie ..... er .... jackpot fish ... jackpot fish !! Those well earned passes make it easy to slide on down to the landing I'll bet !! :)

Seminars ...... are you doing any seminars in the next few ?

JapanRon

JapanRon
02-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

Those were some nice grade of Bass you held up !! I noticed a third one of good size too! As always a great report and pics to keep things visual too !

Did I miss something ...... like .... did you .... were your ..... was it .... well ...... ??

JapanRon

Jackpot Jimmy
02-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi hakaveli,

Hey ..... I'm sure you noticed his board name. The kid is like the cookie monster. Put him in the jackpot and all you hear all day is cookie ..... er .... jackpot fish ... jackpot fish !! Those well earned passes make it easy to slide on down to the landing I'll bet !! :)

Seminars ...... are you doing any seminars in the next few ?

JapanRon

Actually, dad and I take advantage of the landing's ticket book deal - 5 trips for $240.

I made a thread about sand bass fishing a while back.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=28548

Jackpot Jimmy
02-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

Those were some nice grade of Bass you held up !! I noticed a third one of good size too! As always a great report and pics to keep things visual too !

Did I miss something ...... like .... did you .... were your ..... was it .... well ...... ??

JapanRon

Nope, I didn't win jackpot this time. One of the Yak Guys, Jim, who is a very nice guy, doesn't like to fish sand bass, so he fishes for halibut all day. He's been trying to catch a halibut for the last 2 months, and today, he got one, and won the jackpot.

Oz
02-21-2009, 09:31 PM
man yimmy, i swear u on that boat every weekend i dont see why u dont pin-head on there :LOL:

cappo
02-21-2009, 09:43 PM
OK Jimmy its time for a new Tshirt. I hope you dont wear tomorrow or Derf will get on ya for it. LOL.

Anyways good job out there. That dude in the last pic has some stylin locs.

NY4Reels!
02-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Great job Jimmy! It's amazing what a little squid can do along with some good fishing skill!

britheguy
02-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Nice Catches man! Seriously you should Pin-Head, Free food and free fishing just for cutting up bait, cleaning up, and unhooking fish, it's pretty sweet.