PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 2/21....

GeordyBass
02-21-2009, 06:22 PM
We had plans on going fishing about a week ago,and we decided,Lets go to Pyramid!!!Well,the lake's water level was full and high,the weather was ideal,not cold nor hot,and all in all a nice day.....but,not for fishing!We absolutely did not get one fish om the troll or bait n' wait.....we trolled all day and not even a hit and maybe metered 10 fish the whole day!I went all over the lake and nothing.I guess I aint fishin that lake for a while....lol....The Salt is gonna be redemption!

Seng90806
02-21-2009, 06:37 PM
i heard chicken liver is what they want right at the yellowbar :LOL:

snag
02-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Still beats the hell out of working though.

Thanks for the report, you'll get em next time.

lizzay
02-22-2009, 10:59 AM
i heard chicken liver is what they want right at the yellowbar :LOL:

yeah but they are all 6 oz though with the occasional 1 pounders

GeordyBass
02-22-2009, 11:52 AM
yeah but they are all 6 oz though with the occasional 1 pounders
livelined stripeys!I like the idea lizzay:Secret::Wink:

trashetanush
02-22-2009, 04:28 PM
I wanted to ask something about Pyrmid lake. Do they release any trouts or is it only stripers/largemouths/catfish. Srry for posting it here but i didn't know where else to post.

BIGRED KILLA
02-22-2009, 06:26 PM
This post sucks lol now go hit the salt.

Bigred

GeordyBass
02-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I wanted to ask something about Pyrmid lake. Do they release any trouts or is it only stripers/largemouths/catfish. Srry for posting it here but i didn't know where else to post.
they do plant trout there...go here to see what or when they are planting trout/catfish/wiper at any other lake:
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/index.asp

they are not scheduled to plant anymore trout in pyramid.

trashetanush
02-22-2009, 08:52 PM
they do plant trout there...go here to see what or when they are planting trout/catfish/wiper at any other lake:
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/index.asp

they are not scheduled to plant anymore trout in pyramid.

Oh, thats a really usefull website. I never knew that castiac lagoon had trouts. Thx for the link. Also, i doubt that Pyramid has any trouts cause I've never seen any being caught or in the water.

Haliwood
02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh, thats a really usefull website. I never knew that castiac lagoon had trouts. Thx for the link. Also, i doubt that Pyramid has any trouts cause I've never seen any being caught or in the water.

DFG stocks trout in pyramid from winter to early spring. they usually stock it every other week. Try to go there a few days after they stock the lake and fish around the launch ramp or the channel. try are pretty easy to catch, just use some powerbait inflated nightcrawlers, or trout lures.

For some reason they didnt stock this week but they will probably do it next week or the week after. Just keep checking the DFG website every week or you can even call pyramid lake and they will tell you if it has been stocked recently. Good Luck enger jan

trashetanush
02-23-2009, 12:25 PM
DFG stocks trout in pyramid from winter to early spring. they usually stock it every other week. Try to go there a few days after they stock the lake and fish around the launch ramp or the channel. try are pretty easy to catch, just use some powerbait inflated nightcrawlers, or trout lures.

For some reason they didnt stock this week but they will probably do it next week or the week after. Just keep checking the DFG website every week or you can even call pyramid lake and they will tell you if it has been stocked recently. Good Luck enger jan

OK merci. Im gonna be busy fishing at pyrmid these few months. I got a lot of power baits. Its time to put them to use.

trail blazer
02-23-2009, 02:18 PM
You,l slay m next time bro

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-23-2009, 02:50 PM
sorry ta hear bout the skunk for you and pops....I'll be hitting pyramid this saturday, maybe I'll be able to turn their snide lil noses...and drive on ';em hard and bleed 'em goood !

remember this barrometric pressure low has ALL the fish funked.....

too bad, I've been there and done that....next time you'll make 'em feel some steel and bring 'em Mas' pain !

this weekends fishing was far from fantastic anywhere you went....I'm sure you still had fun though...quality time out with Pop's....I got allot of respect for that !

Gary

some'ms gonna break at pyramid soon enough....don't give up !

GeordyBass
02-23-2009, 04:19 PM
sorry ta hear bout the skunk for you and pops....I'll be hitting pyramid this saturday, maybe I'll be able to turn their snide lil noses...and drive on ';em hard and bleed 'em goood !

remember this barrometric pressure low has ALL the fish funked.....

too bad, I've been there and done that....next time you'll make 'em feel some steel and bring 'em Mas' pain !

this weekends fishing was far from fantastic anywhere you went....I'm sure you still had fun though...quality time out with Pop's....I got allot of respect for that !

Gary

some'ms gonna break at pyramid soon enough....don't give up !yo!Feelthepeel!lol...Yeah,i couldn't see any fish under 100ft.Seems like what you said is correct!lol...

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-23-2009, 04:23 PM
yo!Feelthepeel!lol...Yeah,i couldn't see any fish under 100ft.Seems like what you said is correct!lol...

when you 1st don't succeed...try and try again...if you go out and see the same again try carolina rigged bait or jigs 1 to 1 1/2oz weight and suspend.....keel !

trashetanush
02-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Im gonna be hitting Pyramid this Saturday as well. I'm hoping for a good time and some good fish. If I dont catch anything, than i will try again next saturday. Its only a matter of time.

GeordyBass
02-23-2009, 08:41 PM
when you 1st don't succeed...try and try again...if you go out and see the same again try carolina rigged bait or jigs 1 to 1 1/2oz weight and suspend.....keel !
lol...ye olde buddha...:Shocked:

Old man,I bet you aint gonna catch nuthin at that panfish tourney...:Twisted:

GeordyBass
02-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Im gonna be hitting Pyramid this Saturday as well. I'm hoping for a good time and some good fish. If I dont catch anything, than i will try again next saturday. Its only a matter of time.
give it some more time,look for another lake...you'll be disappointed for a few weeks before any action starts....:Wink:

trashetanush
02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
give it some more time,look for another lake...you'll be disappointed for a few weeks before any action starts....:Wink:

Pyramid lake doesn't disapoint me, but just in case it does, what lakes do you suggest? :)

GeordyBass
02-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Pyramid lake doesn't disapoint me, but just in case it does, what lakes do you suggest? :)lol...depends what you want to fish for!:Secret:

I thought pyramid didn't disappoint me too,but it happens and conditions are far below well enough for stripers to ever bite.

Maybe castaic?Wait a few weeks till the weather clears up...then,,,

trashetanush
02-23-2009, 09:20 PM
lol...depends what you want to fish for!:Secret:

I thought pyramid didn't disappoint me too,but it happens and conditions are far below well enough for stripers to ever bite.

Maybe castaic?Wait a few weeks till the weather clears up...then,,,

If the stripers dont cooperate, than i guess im gonna go in after them with a harpoon. Lol

GeordyBass
02-23-2009, 09:28 PM
If the stripers dont cooperate, than i guess im gonna go in after them with a harpoon. Lol
yeah!in 50* weather!hehehehe....

You have to let the barometric pressure level out and then the crazy $h!t's gonna start again!!!:Twisted::Twisted::Twisted:

klymons
02-23-2009, 09:33 PM
OK merci. Im gonna be busy fishing at pyrmid these few months. I got a lot of power baits. Its time to put them to use.

I have caught many trout at Pyramid--including a 4lb. holdover--but none on PowerBait. After they plant, you can see the rainbows cruising the shoreline. I've had my best luck tossing in-line spinners with feathered trebles--Mepps, Panther Martins, etc. These lures will also catch the random bass--largemouths and stripers. Anyway, good luck!