PDA

View Full Version : Kettleman Duct

Mister Twister
02-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Fished duct friday till 4 pm.Gates were closed but there is a swirl current at them.Cast spin setup with 2\0 octopus hooks, 1-1\2 0z sinker on bottom.Used chovie heads.Cast over fence and nailed it perfect under gates.Current takes it under,I feel a bump,lower rod,it goes tight,I swing hard.I say out loud,I've hooked a monster,I fight it out of gates. Then around the fence.It goes down current headed for buoy line. I hop waist high fence holding rod under line, it turns and i land it.WHEW! 22 " I thought it was a DD, it sure fought like it. Fished Crows Landing farther north and water was dirty. Water at Kettle was clear.Tried new Ambassador and trigger rod for first time.After a few nests and adjustments I had 2 0z trap going 30 yards. SWEET! Oh yeah, I used heads as I was getting short bites on whole and tails came off in the current. Gave fish to local kids in town.Monday afternoon I will be at Kettle or Tupman rd. I drive truck, White condo freightliner.Stop by and say hello, most the locals are not friendly and tight lipped.Mister Twister

trail blazer
02-21-2009, 05:38 PM
good job on the stripe bro

i to drive a trk,,,il keep an eye out for you

Mister Twister
02-21-2009, 06:03 PM
good job on the stripe bro

i to drive a trk,,,il keep an eye out for you10-4 layover for ten,MGD will be ice cold.