PDA

View Full Version : striper fever,,,CURED!!,,thanks to the DUCT 2/20/09

trail blazer
02-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Left the house with GLEN at 4 30 pm .
Headed to the north end of kern co to some duct spots weve been having some luck at recently.

Didnt have much luck till abought 30 min after dark, then the bite started getting better,,HAD TO WORK HARD FOR THEM THOUGH .<the kind of work i love>

Me and glen would each carry 2 rods with different lures and fancast a section at a time VERRY thouroghly .

With each of us having 2 rods rigged and ready that gave us the ability to QUICKLY fish the whole water column from top to bottom in any given area

We hit 9 spots in all this way and caught quite a few stripes between the 2 of us.

fished from North lost hills all the way down to hwy 166

the stripes were running 24 to 26 in on avg with only 1 or 2 dinks caught<NOT BAD FOR THIS AREA>

Got home at abought 4 30 am
kept 4 for ourselves and released the rest

OOOOO DID I MENTION WE HAD A BLAST!!!!

Heres a pic of one of my linesides
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2042.jpg

Heres a pic of most of the lures we used
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2045.jpg

LC 110
SMITHWICK,,RATTLING ROUGE
RAT TRAP
ZOOM FLUKES rigged on 1/4 and 1/2 oz jig heads

all lures were fished a little SLOWER then usual due to the fact that this was what seemed to work best this time out

THANKS!!!
TRAIL BLAZER

chansen49
02-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Way to go!!!! Damn, making me wanna go out again..!!! Seems like the single most common denominator is fishing at night.. Agreed?

Congrats..

Chris

Mister Twister
02-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Man, you guys cover a lot of ground out there. Nothing more fun than the cement river! Nice catch.

FINSMACKDOWN
02-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Man, sounds like an awesome night. Time realy flies when ur fishin:LOL:

Seng90806
02-21-2009, 05:30 PM
nice going out there....way to keep those stripers in check :LOL:

trail blazer
02-21-2009, 07:28 PM
way to go!!!! Damn, making me wanna go out again..!!! Seems like the single most common denominator is fishing at night.. Agreed?

Congrats..

Chris

the night bite has been the best for us for sure,,,,for artificials anyway!!!!!

But,,,,,,,my bro,s have been doing good during the day on chovies also

FISH ON
02-21-2009, 08:27 PM
T.B you da striper killin machine. i doubt you found the cure. more likely just temporary relief. BTW thanks for the pic of your go to striper candy. :EyePop:

Tr1p0d
02-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Nice going guys...

trail blazer
02-22-2009, 07:56 AM
T.B you da striper killin machine. i doubt you found the cure. more likely just temporary relief. BTW thanks for the pic of your go to striper candy. :EyePop:

YEP there,s no cure FOR SURE
But catching a few sure does take the STING away:LOL:LOL

Abought the lure selection,,ive just added the ROUGE to my selection of fav lures and i love that thing ,,,its built well,,runs true,,strongsharp hooks,,casts exellent,,,and only abought 6 dollars

BassnRack
02-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Awesome job out there man! Guess I should have hit the Duct yesterday morning instead of BV! All but dead out there for bass, only got 2!

BakoBassin
02-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Armed with info from TB...baits and spot...Skaguy, Monkey, buddy Randy and I made the trek out there last night. I got one about legal on upside of gate on fluke like the one pictures about 10 minutes in. Although mine was rigged on a small darter head. Randy got one on down side about 20 minutes later.

I moved around and did some fan casting like TB with the fluke and Rattle Trap like he pictured above for 0 bites. Randy ended up getting on a bloodworm and one a bit later the same way. I ended up puling one in later on his rod when walked away to throw the fluke...on bloodworm.

Pretty nice night and we had a good time. Thanks much to TB for the info share.

TroutOnly
02-22-2009, 01:16 PM
WAY TO KEEP SLAYIN T-B,,,,,,,,,,t/o........KILL ALL STRIPERS,,,,,

trail blazer
02-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Armed with info from TB...baits and spot...Skaguy, Monkey, buddy Randy and I made the trek out there last night. I got one about legal on upside of gate on fluke like the one pictures about 10 minutes in. Although mine was rigged on a small darter head. Randy got one on down side about 20 minutes later.

I moved around and did some fan casting like TB with the fluke and Rattle Trap like he pictured above for 0 bites. Randy ended up getting on a bloodworm and one a bit later the same way. I ended up puling one in later on his rod when walked away to throw the fluke...on bloodworm.

Pretty nice night and we had a good time. Thanks much to TB for the info share.

BAKO this is a post ,,not a reply :LOL:lol

fish4anything
02-23-2009, 11:07 AM
I actually bought the Zoom swimbaits...I haven't used them very often but good to see they're effective at the duct! WTG!

buck liggett
02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
WTG......Again....TB
So thats where My flukes went? Fishing with You...lol...
No luck on the BIG bait?

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-23-2009, 12:07 PM
nice work....keel them mothas....congrats on a sweet slay..

dieeee !

Gary

trail blazer
02-23-2009, 02:11 PM
WTG......Again....TB
So thats where My flukes went? Fishing with You...lol...
No luck on the BIG bait?

Im gonna get bit on that BIG MAC eventually bro and its gonna be a PIG when it happens:LOL:

sidified
02-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks especially for your ''weapons of bass destruction'' photos---
Great night, great post----

tmartin
02-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Way to go bro, good size fish there. Sound like you found some good spots for some quality size fish.

thepuma
02-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Excellent Post TB. Congratulations on hooking into those wolves. Your post had all the information anyone should need to land one. I guess my problem is I need to get out there at night. Day time has been really slow lately. Again Nice post, keep em coming…
Scott
:Thumbs Up:

BakoBassin
02-24-2009, 10:33 AM
BAKO this is a post ,,not a reply :LOL:lol
I'm sure it will get more attention here within your report.

Thank you for prolonging my unhealthy relationship with the aqueduct, LOL.

cutbait
02-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Im gonna get bit on that BIG MAC eventually bro and its gonna be a PIG when it happens:LOL:

Biggest fish of my life came on a BIG MAC. I have two and bought them when they were only 8 dollars.

RamboBoy
02-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Trail Balzer!

Your great fishing and catching report in Bako Duct! Good showing the artificially lures, not bait (liver, worm, or etc) or soak bait.

Rambo

trail blazer
02-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Biggest fish of my life came on a BIG MAC. I have two and bought them when they were only 8 dollars.

I remember when that lure was on fire at the duct for the big,uns,,,it,s a shame storm quit making thelm

cutbait
02-25-2009, 07:05 AM
I remember when that lure was on fire at the duct for the big,uns,,,it,s a shame storm quit making thelm

You can find them on ebay for 30 dollars.

BakoBassin
02-25-2009, 07:20 AM
I've got a Big Mac in the garage that I've probably had since I was 12.

I'd be willing to give it to someone if they were real nice to me :Envious:

trail blazer
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I've got a Big Mac in the garage that I've probably had since I was 12.

I'd be willing to give it to someone if they were real nice to me :Envious:

IM SO LUCKY TO KNOW YOU BROOOOO:LOL:
Ive never met a person who i looked up to so much:LOL:
YOUR THE MAN BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL LOL LOL

BakoBassin
02-25-2009, 11:26 AM
IM SO LUCKY TO KNOW YOU BROOOOO:LOL:
Ive never met a person who i looked up to so much:LOL:
YOUR THE MAN BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL LOL LOL
You're more than welcomed to have it. I think I asked you if you wanted before...when I first started talking to you on the phone, before we met in person.

You'll need a good, hefty rod to throw it though. Maybe stout swimbait or inshore rod with a 300 series casting reel. That thing dives hard and is tough to retrieve. It'll make your arms tired in a hurry.

ARTIMUS
02-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Nice fishey TB the shoulder must be doing well...Take care

buck liggett
02-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey look what I found layin around, big & little macs. Think TB & I might be able to do some damage at the mid with a few of these "striper Killers"
And the bigs do wear You're arm out quick they will dive to the bottom of the duct with no troubles.

trail blazer
02-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey look what I found layin around, big & little macs. Think TB & I might be able to do some damage at the mid with a few of these "striper Killers"
And the bigs do wear You're arm out quick they will dive to the bottom of the duct with no troubles.

LOL,,,,,BUCK when you said you were going to pick up a few ,,you were,nt kidding WOW:EyePop:

And thanks again for the one,s you gave me
and THANKS to you also BAKO,,,,Im sure i can put it to use,,,,see ya soon!!!!!!!!!

trail blazer
02-25-2009, 02:23 PM
You're more than welcomed to have it. I think I asked you if you wanted before...when I first started talking to you on the phone, before we met in person.

You'll need a good, hefty rod to throw it though. Maybe stout swimbait or inshore rod with a 300 series casting reel. That thing dives hard and is tough to retrieve. It'll make your arms tired in a hurry.

no doubt abought that,,,,,,,i got the perfect rod and reel for thelm too,,ive been using it to throw the one i mooched off BUCK and it works perfect

cutbait
02-26-2009, 07:11 AM

You just dont "find those laying around." I am contacting the local authorities.... :Guns: