PDA

View Full Version : Fred Hall show

Captain Castaic
02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
The Fred Hall show in Long Beach is starting on March 4th thru the 8th. I will be there working the booth for The Friends of Castaic Lake on the 5th a wednesday from 2 to close. Stop by and say hello if you make it...

C.C.

BULLDOGBOOGERS
02-23-2009, 04:30 AM
i will be going out on the 7th...i will stop by and say hello !
scott "aka" bulldogboogers

GARYC
02-23-2009, 08:03 AM
I am planning on going, on Sat. First time attending such an event. What kind of deals do you think I can expect to see there? I'm undecided if I'm looking for fresh or saltwater
stuff. But definetely looking fr a deal on a the tackle/backpack style gear.
Also, I will be coming from Ventura County, should I leave at 5:00 am to get there??!! haha

a biley
02-23-2009, 09:42 AM
I am planning on going, on Sat. First time attending such an event. What kind of deals do you think I can expect to see there? I'm undecided if I'm looking for fresh or saltwater
stuff. But definetely looking fr a deal on a the tackle/backpack style gear.
Also, I will be coming from Ventura County, should I leave at 5:00 am to get there??!! haha

i'm in the same norm as you, first timer to go. hopefully i have enough in the bank to fulfill my needs there lol

Fisherman57
02-23-2009, 09:47 AM
see ya there Captain!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/flyer015.jpg

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/flyer016.jpg

fishndrinknsmokin
02-23-2009, 10:23 AM
i'm in the same norm as you, first timer to go. hopefully i have enough in the bank to fulfill my needs there lol

It's usually not to difficult to find the things you need at a reasonable price and not spend a fortune. The real PROBLEM are the new things you're going to see and will WANT and that will break your bank account.....at least if you're like me. :LOL:

fishndrinknsmokin
02-23-2009, 10:28 AM
see ya there Captain!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/flyer015.jpg

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/flyer016.jpg

Hey Dana.....had a great time at the event at SARL....but....ummm.....couldn't you have invited the Team 57 Girl to SARL so we could of all of.......ummm....."broke her in" J/K :ROFL: Will look forward to meeting our new member of Team 57!! :Big Smile:

See you at the show everyone!

GARYC
02-23-2009, 10:35 AM
I have mail ad for this at home. There is something about donating your old reel(s) for them to be given to kids and be eligible for some drawing? I will be doing that, however I do not see any info for this on fred hall's web page. Do you know what I'm taking about. Thanks,

Fisherman57
02-23-2009, 11:49 AM
I have mail ad for this at home. There is something about donating your old reel(s) for them to be given to kids and be eligible for some drawing? I will be doing that, however I do not see any info for this on fred hall's web page. Do you know what I'm taking about. Thanks,

I believe its United Anglers of Southern California who are doing the donation & drawing .....

If you help their Youth Fishing & Fundraising program by donating a used rod or reel (in working condition) you'll earn a entry into a drawing to win a $1000.00 tackle shopping spree.

Good stuff.

GARYC
02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I cannot wait to go to this show. But, I have a few questions I must ask.
1. What time to show up, what is too early to get there to park, etc?
2. How much is it to park?
3. Can someone give me an xample of reel, rod, or other bargain price at the show versus
a regular price?

GARYC
02-24-2009, 11:55 AM
I believe its United Anglers of Southern California who are doing the donation & drawing .....

If you help their Youth Fishing & Fundraising program by donating a used rod or reel (in working condition) you'll earn a entry into a drawing to win a $1000.00 tackle shopping spree.

Good stuff.

Thanks, that's the ad.
I have a Daiwa spinning reel. However, the Bell must be locked by hand, a different handle was attached to it. It still works and is in good shape. It is not an old reel. Do you think I can still donate it without being a part of the raffle?

Fisherman57
02-24-2009, 11:59 AM
You can most of the info at:
www.fredhall.com (http://www.fredhall.com)

There's usually a line when the doors first open, but IMO it doesnt take that much time to get in. Save yourself time and money by purchasing your tickets on line at the Fred Hall website.

Yes, there is a charge for parking I believe, I think last year it was $9.00 if you parked at the convention center? Maybe someone can chime in that remembers or knows what it is this year.

There are all sort of deals to be had, some for early birds, others all the time and even others on the last day of the show....

WON should have a Fred Hall Show supplement in this weeks edition, if so, there is always a ton of information in that.

Stop by the Bob Sands / TEAM 57 booth and say hello.

TroutOnly
02-25-2009, 07:21 AM
I WILL SEE YOU THERE ON SAT DANA,AND I CAN TALK TO THE BOYS FROM BOB SANDS,,,t/o

seal
02-25-2009, 08:13 AM
We get there about 7:00 or earlier on Saturday. Go pick up a coffee and sandwich aT the local coffee shop, go back and are almost always first in line for tickets, then wait for a couple hours by the entrance till open.

But we have a sickness. Normal people show up around 9:30 or later and get in pretty quick without having to stand around for hours.

Pick up a Western Outdoor News for advertisements on gear and stuff, but you will find tons more at the show that are not listed.

As far as the reel turn in goes you might want to try the Bass Pro Shop reel turn in, this is at BPS not at the show. They donate the reels somewhere and you get a discount on reels. You get to donate to a worthy cause and get a discount, and they have some reel/real good deals for the spring sale. It's a WIN WIN!