PDA

View Full Version : Perris 2/21 am fishing

chivo
02-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Lake Perris panfish for 100 please. EEEEEERRRRRRTTTTT!!!!!!! WRONG ANSWER. Fished the marina docks for 5 hours. I fished every nook and cranny. NADA. Nothing on crickets,N/C's of jigs. I threw all of my jigs at em'. NADA, the bait never even fell off the hook, even on accident. I'm heading out again to my second spot, we'll see what happens there.

fishmounter
02-21-2009, 01:35 PM
I think it's still too early in the season for a decent panfish bite. Honestly, I've never done well on the dock, just a couple of fish is all.

chivo
02-21-2009, 01:42 PM
I think it's still too early in the season for a decent panfish bite. Honestly, I've never done well on the dock, just a couple of fish is all.

Yeah man, your right. I usually can get a few 8 ouncers. I'm just kicking right now, you know, like a junkie without his fix. I need my fix. It's fusterating. I should have brought out my bass gear. The bass were there. The panfish must be in the middle of the lake on the bottom. It must be a giant school of fish. Cause nobodys catching them, anywhere. At least that was the story today. I hear a few inside hints about perris, and i ran with it. I just need my fix man, I NEED IT. Trout's cool and fun, but its not my fix, you know what i menaa

annex138
02-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I am still on perris right now. So far only 10 gills off the north side of the dam on crickets. Been on the water since 9. Only seen one guy get a 3 pounder lmb by the island. As I type this, my partner is dealing in another gill.

chivo
02-21-2009, 02:41 PM
I am still on perris right now. So far only 10 gills off the north side of the dam on crickets. Been on the water since 9. Only seen one guy get a 3 pounder lmb by the island. As I type this, my partner is dealing in another gill.

They good size or what?? How deep where they??

annex138
02-21-2009, 02:48 PM
I am with in casting distance of the dam. The gills are nice. Sized. About 10" and fat.

chivo
02-21-2009, 02:59 PM
I am with in casting distance of the dam. The gills are nice. Sized. About 10" and fat.

Fat is nice, I heard that the crappies are looking fat as well. Looking forward for a report, or some pics. i knew i should have rented a boat and hit up the dam. Are the bass boats still at sail cove??? They seemed to be there all morning.

fishmounter
02-21-2009, 03:22 PM
annex138....Hey are those Bluegill or Redears? It is a little early for the 'Gills, but Redears usually bite earlier than the 'Gills...

Eat Sleep Fish
02-21-2009, 03:29 PM
sounds like a tough, long day. slay 'em next time!

Seng90806
02-21-2009, 05:35 PM
give it a couple more week...let this storm roll on by and after the full moon the slabs will be out in full force...for the gills give it at least a month or so...when the weed grows all over the lake that when they out in the shallow...right now they out deep somewhere in the middle of the lake

chivo
02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
give it a couple more week...let this storm roll on by and after the full moon the slabs will be out in full force...for the gills give it at least a month or so...when the weed grows all over the lake that when they out in the shallow...right now they out deep somewhere in the middle of the lake

Yeah, i know all this,i'm just anxious. I won't be in town forever and i'm hoping for an early bite. Once i leave town, i may be gone for a month and i kinda want a little peice of the action. I missed the full force action last year, and just caught the tail end. I'll get the fish in other places but it's not the same.

annex138
02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Fat is nice, I heard that the crappies are looking fat as well. Looking forward for a report, or some pics. i knew i should have rented a boat and hit up the dam. Are the bass boats still at sail cove??? They seemed to be there all morning.

We tried all over the lake for nothing. The only spot we found fish was one spot along them dam. Those bass boats were in sail cove all day. Didnt look like they were doing any good. It was a slow day today. I think i am heading back out tomorrow.

cjschock
02-22-2009, 07:06 PM
My Bad, I thought live bait as far as fish goes was only allowed in S.D. Lakes.

crappiemike
02-22-2009, 07:21 PM
we just have to keep fishing and one of these days its just going to to off
BIG TIME!!!!

teampanfish
crappiemike

chivo
02-22-2009, 07:36 PM
we just have to keep fishing and one of these days its just going to to off
BIG TIME!!!!

teampanfish
crappiemike

BRO, that's what's in my head. I know its early, and i know seasonal movements aren't changing, BUT they can change at any moment on ANY lake. I've seen it in many lakes and streams around the country. I hit up a small river in Rochester,MN and the guys kept telling me that it's too ealry and to just put my tackle away and wait. I ended up with more than 100 crappie over a pound and more bass and gills than i can count. So, what i'm saying is, anythings possible, anywere. I've got more stories, but i'm just rambling then.
I'm a die hard fisherman, i fish in any conditions and i try to get what i can. If i don't try i won't know. Its like gambling, i've just got to put my money on win. That's also why i'm broke, j/k.

chivo
02-22-2009, 07:37 PM
The only crappie I have seen caught on the dock were caught by cheating.

What snagging???? Explosives??? Cheating, how are they cheating bro??

smokinflies
02-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah man, your right. I usually can get a few 8 ouncers. I'm just kicking right now, you know, like a junkie without his fix. I need my fix. It's fusterating. I should have brought out my bass gear. The bass were there. The panfish must be in the middle of the lake on the bottom. It must be a giant school of fish. Cause nobodys catching them, anywhere. At least that was the story today. I hear a few inside hints about perris, and i ran with it. I just need my fix man, I NEED IT. Trout's cool and fun, but its not my fix, you know what i menaa

i know how you feel dude. i can't wait for the bluegills to become active again.

smokinflies
02-22-2009, 07:49 PM
What snagging???? Explosives??? Cheating, how are they cheating bro??

that's what i would like to know too.