PDA

View Full Version : Magic Jack ???

Nessie Hunter
02-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Any one try it out yet???
$19 a 'YEAR' sounds pretty tempting....

Im Thinking about trying it, but dont want to waste the cash if it sucks, or lose my current number..

http://www.magicjack.com/1/index.asp

I have high speed internet (10 Mb Cable) so should work???

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, all....

KaliDawgFan
02-21-2009, 04:11 PM
A sales manager where I work has one and she loves it.

Troutman65
02-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Will that help me out with my Dial up Service Frank?

:ROFL:

Most likely not.:Crying:

:Envious:

smokinflies
02-21-2009, 04:24 PM
is the "magic jack" endorsed by billy mays?

seahonk
02-22-2009, 03:34 AM
I have had the magic jack for all most a year it worked pretty good when i had verizon dsl i had the slowest speed im cheap , but had some static , but now i have verizon fios and works great ,I mainly use it as a secound contact not as my home phone , i use it as a mesage service it does not have to be pluged in and i still get mesages sent to my email , but its pretty cool i whent on vacation and took it with me and where i had no cell phone service but had internet it worked good , but you have to keep your pc online 24 7 which i dont like to do , there is another one all most like magic jack that connects straight to your modem so you dont have to have you pc on 24/7 cant remember the name right now ill see if i can find it . ok laters

Nessie Hunter
02-22-2009, 09:43 AM
I have had the magic jack for all most a year it worked pretty good when i had verizon dsl i had the slowest speed im cheap , but had some static , but now i have verizon fios and works great ,I mainly use it as a secound contact not as my home phone , i use it as a mesage service it does not have to be pluged in and i still get mesages sent to my email , but its pretty cool i whent on vacation and took it with me and where i had no cell phone service but had internet it worked good , but you have to keep your pc online 24 7 which i dont like to do , there is another one all most like magic jack that connects straight to your modem so you dont have to have you pc on 24/7 cant remember the name right now ill see if i can find it . ok laters

Thats what I was looking for. Personal experience with one...

Thanks A lot.... :Cool:

I am mainly looking for a way to stop using my Cell phone for those long hold & wait calls, customer service etc..
Probably 98% would be outgoing to Customer Service places... Or calling Friends & Family from home.. Save those Cell Min...
This sounds like a perfect fit for me.....

$20 a YEAR,, yeeeaaaaa!!!

smokinflies; Billy Mays.... :ROFL::ROFL:
Gotta love the guy, he is a legend in his own mind...

Patrick, I dont think anything will help Dial Up.. In fact ya cant even use VOIP with Dial Up.. Its way to slow.... :ROFL:

~larissa
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM
my parents have it... mainly for calling the Philippines. they love it and its worth the money, so they say. its not bad for the cost either.