PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Lake

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
02-21-2009, 06:02 AM
I went friday with some friends from work. They had stocked the lake with cats (and trout)and me chopping at the bits to catch cats and can't wait until the summer couldn't ressist. Got there late and could only stay for four hours. One of my buddies catches a cat on "powerbait"!!!?? Never seen that before!! It went 3 lbs and 17".

After two hours of nothing but light nibbles and mackeral running out and me tired of the "bait and wait" game decided to walk around lake and throw some lures. The water was "Dirty" so, I needed something with alot of vibration and not so much flash. I went with a lipless crankbait and a shallow running crankbait with alot of noise. People thought I was crazy throwing those things in Hesperia lake but, low and behold, I caught a cat, yes a cat, on a crankbait!!!! it even jumped out of the water and I could see my crankbait stuck in it's mouth. I got it to shore and went to yank it in and it unbuttoned!!! I saw the fish swim back in the abyss.

No worries, I can say I caught one with a crankbait at Hesperia lake.

Don't normally, go there. one or two fish days isn't apealing to me. Other people have 12 ft rods to launch out towards the island. I guess if I want to continue to go there, I would purchase said rod but, making Hesperia lake a goto lake. No, I don't think so.

Thanks for reading

A-I-T

TEAM CASTIN
02-21-2009, 11:24 AM
hey
were there alot of ppl catching trout there

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
02-21-2009, 12:24 PM
NOPE, alot of people sitting and waiting and waiting. No trout seen but, a few cats.

steve092
02-22-2009, 06:48 PM
It is a trip catching cats on PB.

Last year guys were hooking up on sturgeon on PB.

TEAM CASTIN
02-22-2009, 07:20 PM
hey i went to hesperia today read my report its called hespria lake 2.22.09