PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear ... frozen? ... weather?

billy b
02-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Wondered if this might be of any help?

www.bensweather.com

Be sure and click on the pictures to maximize ...

(picture of the lake is from the North side - FWIW)

I still own a cabin up there and love to hear reports ...

Fresh H2O Bill
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the link, nice to have a real time shot of what's going on.

Bill

Matthew 4:19

diamondbear
02-20-2009, 07:18 PM
billy b , I always look for your updates on bigbear lk. , thanks for the weather link . // db

candyman
02-22-2009, 01:01 PM
I was just up there for the weekend, and the 18 was closed off at first so we had to drive back down and all the way around to the 38. It turns out that pretty much the whole lake is frozen at shore, other than near the dam. Didn't get to fish but the snow was awesome!!!

diamondbear
02-22-2009, 01:23 PM
First of April I'll be testing the waters with my flt. tube and soon after I'll bring my boat up and try my luck . I totaly love that place , as I hike the local mnts. and it just primes me on the energy spent on great hiking days , lol .

billy b
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I still have a cabin at BBL ... but I moved up here to Nevada. Lived in LA all my life ... but only miss BBL and football games which I still attend for the most part.

I do love hearing the reports ... even if it may not be good for me. Truthfully, there are a lot of good fizhun holes up here that I need to get off my duff and explore.

etaggart
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

Bensweather.com is probably the best real weather report by someone who knows meteorology and Big Bear.

To get a two-hour time lapse at 5 minute intervals at lake level (north side) visit: http://www.bigbearshores.com/marinacam/timelapse2.htm

I check this out often to see the actual conditions - note the temperature in the top right corner.

I'm driving up right now (actually the wife is driving and I'm browsing around the net) and hoping to hit some shoreline spots tomorrow (Saturday) since it's been warming during the day. I'll report back.

Can't wait for warm enough conditions to break in my new Christmas float tube and fly rod!!!!!!

ET