PDA

View Full Version : Storing Pre-tied Leaders

smitty99
02-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Well I wanted some way to store my pre-tied leaders for some surf fishing this weekend. It was after 8pm last night so not many places were open and Turners in Redondo had nada for Leader Wallets.

I ended up running over to Michaels after hearing someone mention they used 2"x3" baggies from a hobby shop. I looked kind of scruffy when I walked into Michaels so it raised some eyebrows at the register when I tried to buy the baggies :ROFL:.

I also picked up some little "Jewelry/Earring" backings. They are rubberized little nodules that you would fit on the back of an earring. These keep the hook tip from poking through or getting stuck on the bag. Forgot to add, cost for everything was less than $5.

I'm sure everybody has their own perfected method. Just thought I would share what I'd learned. Seems to work out great so far. Here is a pic:

sansou
02-20-2009, 08:08 AM
First things first: Go Sparky!

Good idea with the leaders. I usually have the biggest problem with sabiki rigs. Seems like everytime I go fish the salt I have to buy a new set of sabiki rigs cause they tangle/rust like crazy from the prior time.....doesn't help when I leave pieces of squid on it too.

Nessie Hunter
02-20-2009, 08:26 AM
*Cheater Leader* has the perfect solution for those Leaders and also Sabiki rigs.. Work great !!!!

http://www.cheaterleader.com/store.html#

He is also a member here... Great Guy, That Awesum Saucum works pretty good also...