PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Petaluma

mobilereef
02-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I am hoping that sombody can tell me what lake or stream may be fun for a guy in town for a few days to fish. I have my trout and bass gear, so anything you can do to help me find some quality fish for a few days would be great. I can return the favor with a trip on my boat if you are down south and looking for some spots to hit up.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO...

troutslayer05
02-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I dont know the petaluma area very well but I do know of some good spots that have been productive for me lately in the East Bay Area. Also i know that in the bay the crab fishin is going off right now. You can pm me if you wanna know any more about the lakes in the east bayarea.

chivo
02-21-2009, 06:25 PM
I am hoping that sombody can tell me what lake or stream may be fun for a guy in town for a few days to fish. I have my trout and bass gear, so anything you can do to help me find some quality fish for a few days would be great. I can return the favor with a trip on my boat if you are down south and looking for some spots to hit up.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO...

petaluma isn't really a trout fishing area, if you head up the 101 north you'll hit a few lakes near Santa Rosa and Ukiah. There's clear lake 20 miles west of ukiah. If you can drive a little bit, there is the eel river. You can fish right off of the 101. Steelhead fishing, if your into that. That's all i know, unless you want to head to sacremento or San Jose area's. Good steelhead and trout area's

castle
02-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Go to Clear Lake the crappie bite should be starting there now.

mobilereef
02-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks for all of the good info...I will be going up again sometime and use it. Where is San Jose were you talking about? I stopped at parkside lake for a few hours...

Once again thanks

Chris

troutslayer05
02-25-2009, 07:32 PM
you hit San Jose if you come up north via the 101 as opposed to the 5.