PDA

View Full Version : Anyone joined North American Fishing Club?

Ricky-Ray
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
I keep getting stuff in the mail from them to join. Just wondering if anyone every signed up. Comments?

DarkShadow
02-19-2009, 12:21 PM
I joined years ago, when I was a teen.

It wasn't really worth it.

They send you a magazine a few times a year, that was all about 'fishing' in general, but concentrated mostly on fishing in the South and the MidWest, and contain more ads than real articles.

The "free" lures they also give you, are well, not useful. I believe they sent me a spool of 20 pound test, some big ole 5/0 Mustad Hooks, and a few other things that ended up at the bottom of the tackle bin.

You can 'test' lures, but good luck having it be something of legitimate interest.

Then they start sending you books, and then bills for the books that you never ordered, and you're sitting there asking yourself why you didn't get yourself a pack of Roboworms and a few drop shot sinkers instead of dishing out $12.

But those stickers look cool, right?

J. Owen
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
hey man my advice get out now they will send you books that they want like like 20 bucks for if you dont want them you have to pay to send them back
if you dont send them back they send you a bill if you dont pay it goes to collections
it really is not worth it

Noobiesrule
02-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Pretty much what DarkShadow said. They are a horrible "club" if you even want to call them that. The articles in their magazines are absolutley pointless to southern california fishing, the free stuff they give you in the mail is extremely cheap and useless, and you get junk mail from them constantly. Invest your money instead in the stock market.

Ricky-Ray
02-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the comments. I figured just as much. Never did sign up with them. I usually just throw it in the trash. Although the magnet and bass sticker they sent me this time looks pretty cool. Keeping those for sure.

fishmounter
02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah how dorky am I? I put that cool looking bass jumping decal on my truck window and don't forget the nice little scratch pad. The Redear magnet is naturally on the fridge also. The rest of the stuff went into the recycling can. I belonged to this "club" about 6 years ago and I didn't really like it. Kind of lame.

smokinflies
02-21-2009, 04:41 PM
my bro in law joined the NAFC last year and ended up getting out of it.

the club tells you that they will send you new products to test out in the field and in return, you are suppose to send them some feedback about the product. they ended up sending him useless things to field test.

i did enjoy some of the books they sent my bro in law. they were filled with alot of great fishing info.

Slims
02-21-2009, 06:09 PM
I have never had a problem with NAFC. I have field tested for them too. They sent me test market catfish bait. It worked pretty good. They have sent me a free reel. It was a daiwa samurai. They also sent me a spinning rod with my name in it. They send cool ****. They have never tried to send me any books. They did send my brother one, but all you have to do is "return to shipper" and you dont get charged. How lazy must one be to not write "return to shipper" on the package to avoid being charged?

It is true, that it is more geared toward the midwest, but they do have good bass fishing articles, and panfish articles. I always enjoy the magazine when it arrives.

smokinflies
02-22-2009, 11:04 AM
I have never had a problem with NAFC. I have field tested for them too. They sent me test market catfish bait. It worked pretty good. They have sent me a free reel. It was a daiwa samurai. They also sent me a spinning rod with my name in it. They send cool ****. They have never tried to send me any books. They did send my brother one, but all you have to do is "return to shipper" and you dont get charged. How lazy must one be to not write "return to shipper" on the package to avoid being charged?

It is true, that it is more geared toward the midwest, but they do have good bass fishing articles, and panfish articles. I always enjoy the magazine when it arrives.

are you a lifetime member of NAFC?

smokehound
02-22-2009, 11:08 AM
I prefer the newport landing yellowtail stickers. I have one on my drawing pad.

Slims
02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
are you a lifetime member of NAFC?

I am now. I decided to become a life member after being a regular member for almost 14 years. I always liked the magazine and the articles.

All of that crap was sent to me before I became a life member except the fishing rod. That came after I became a life member.