PDA

View Full Version : fishermans retreat

sumo
02-19-2009, 10:50 AM
has anybody fished at fishermans retreat im thinking about going out there next week i need some info please thank you

Ragetron
02-19-2009, 06:33 PM
I used to fish out there a little when I was a lot younger. I think I mainly fished crawlers back then on a carolina rig. It's been a while but I remember catching cats and bass. I caught some large cats slowly dragging carolina rigged crawlers on the bottom. And if I remember right they have some crappie too. I remember the bass being hard to come by, but I wasn't as educated as I am now. I mainly fished the two larger lakes up top. I think they stock trout this time of year also. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

Sh1mano
02-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Same here, used to fish it years ago. I went for trout but I kept catching cats on nightcrawlers. Switched to pb and still continued to catch cats...it was weird but at least I was catching fish. I saw a guy working the little pond hard for bass... and guess what he ends up landing? A trout somewhere between 8-10#s! Dude wasn't happy, he really wanted a LMB.

This place kinda sorta reminds me of Jess Ranch...but I prefer the Ranch. Good luck...looking forward to your report.

shy_boxer
02-20-2009, 04:21 AM
Ahh this place was the bomb when I was young. Camping and fishing...Playing video games at the arcade and fishing all night long! Thanks for bringing some memories back. Good luck and tell us how ya did?

Fish Dog
02-21-2009, 12:05 AM
I haven't been there in a long time but I'd heard somewhere that it was just choked with weeds now. If you go let us know how it is. I was thinking about taking the motor home up there for a couple days just to get away.

chivo
02-21-2009, 06:09 PM
haven't fished it in a year. If i was you i'd go saturday or sunday morning. I thing they stock friday. its only 900lbs but they are there to be caught. If you go, i'd be interested to hear your report