PDA

View Full Version : Lake Norconian .... Don't hate!

LunkerLover
02-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Lake Norconian.

Yes - I know it's government property.
Yes - I know it would be considered trespassing.
Yes - I know it's illegal.
Yes - I know it's "gated."

But ... to those who are sympathetic to the ninja bass fisha'man ... and to those who realize that there are NO MP's there .... :Big Grin: ...

I would like to slay some largies (I know they're in there...) Who has fished it? ... who knows where and when to get in that bad boy? Who can share some tips?? with a C&R bass fisherman who's willing to try it ... PM if you want ... PM if you CAN ... or just post on here ....

Ifishtoolittle
02-18-2009, 10:19 PM
You're crazy LunkerLover! Googled the lake it had booby traps in every corner j/k. The lake looks ninja-able(my made up word) just watch out and good luck on fishing it.

LunkerLover
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
You're crazy LunkerLover! Googled the lake it had booby traps in every corner j/k. The lake looks ninja-able(my made up word) just watch out and good luck on fishing it.
Thanks! Yeah - It's crazy ... but I've done stupider things. :Shocked:

Skyler
02-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Just remember that it's technically a military installation. If you get caught, they won't be pointing flashlights at you. Probably service rifles instead. Stay safe.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Crap if your going to take that risk ,sneek into mathews instead.

WARRIORMIKE
02-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Just find someone who has military clearance for there. the bass fishing is awesome!!!

matt duarte
02-19-2009, 08:29 AM
id love to go ninja there! i go to lake matthews all the time! the norconian lake would defently be scarier... matthews is a piece of cake i know people that have gone in the day time.... as long as the marines dont shoot before they talk im down! ive been thinkin about it even sice i saw it on google earth...i think we need to dress in military camo and go fish might think were apart of the base

one time
02-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Cops patrol that place in Ford trucks and circle the lake and property 24/7...they dont phuck around. There are only a few spots that you can actually fish on shore, because there is so much brush and cover. You would be exposed and arrested....fishing has been on the slow side latley and not even worth gettin arrested so stay away.

PHISHnutS
02-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Cops patrol that place in Ford trucks and circle the lake and property 24/7...they dont phuck around. There are only a few spots that you can actually fish on shore, because there is so much brush and cover. You would be exposed and arrested....fishing has been on the slow side latley and not even worth gettin arrested so stay away.

Just let them do it, some need to learn the hard way.

LunkerLover
02-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Just let them do it, some need to learn the hard way.
yup. you're a SMART man.

Rob D
02-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Just go for it, let us know when you are going. Hopefully I'll read about some idiot who was arrested in the paper. Plenty of other places to fish legally.

LunkerLover
02-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Just go for it, let us know when you are going. Hopefully I'll read about some idiot who was arrested in the paper. Oh cool :LOL: I didn't know your wife was going fishing... LOL J/K

Rob D
02-19-2009, 10:36 AM
um,too funny.

fishmounter
02-19-2009, 10:49 AM
LunkerLover, I've fished Lake Norconian legally several times from a small bass boat and electric motor and you know what?... the fishing was ok, but not great. I mean we both caught maybe 4 to 5 bass, and nothing big.. 1.5 to 2 lb fish. I've done better at Perris, plus the bass are larger. This place looks incredible with all the tules and structure and I'm sure it holds some very big bass, but the way that they patrol it since 911, you won't stand a chance. When they see you fishing (and they will) They will ask to see your daily use pass and your military ID. Then they will arrest you, confiscate your gear, and you'll be turned over to the Riverside Sheriff's Dept. and booked into county jail for a day. You will get a trial date to see a judge who will no doubt charge you with trespassing on restricted government property and issue you a healthy fine. You may or may not get your stuff back, plus now you have an arrest record. For a few average sized Largemouths? No fishing is that good! "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Frenchy
02-19-2009, 10:57 AM
LunkerLover, I've fished Lake Norconian legally several times from a small bass boat and electric motor and you know what?... the fishing was ok, but not great. I mean we both caught maybe 4 to 5 bass, and nothing big.. 1.5 to 2 lb fish. I've done better at Perris, plus the bass are larger. This place looks incredible with all the tules and structure and I'm sure it holds some very big bass, but the way that they patrol it since 911, you won't stand a chance. When they see you fishing (and they will) They will ask to see your daily use pass and your military ID. Then they will arrest you, confiscate your gear, and you'll be turned over to the Riverside Sheriff's Dept. and booked into county jail for a day. You will get a trial date to see a judge who will no doubt charge you with trespassing on restricted government property and issue you a healthy fine. You may or may not get your stuff back, plus now you have an arrest record. For a few average sized Largemouths? No fishing is that good! "The grass is always greener on the other side"

hey atleast this guy is bashing you like all the others hes making perfect sense had a buddy who fished it got caught within 10 min of bein there lost all gear but charges were dropped since his dad is w the riverside sheriff dept. but if u wanna fish it and 8u get cought lemme know illl tlk to his dad and get the charges dropped lol

LunkerLover
02-19-2009, 12:14 PM
LunkerLover, I've fished Lake Norconian legally several times from a small bass boat and electric motor and you know what?... the fishing was ok, but not great. I mean we both caught maybe 4 to 5 bass, and nothing big.. 1.5 to 2 lb fish. I've done better at Perris, plus the bass are larger. This place looks incredible with all the tules and structure and I'm sure it holds some very big bass, but the way that they patrol it since 911, you won't stand a chance. When they see you fishing (and they will) They will ask to see your daily use pass and your military ID. Then they will arrest you, confiscate your gear, and you'll be turned over to the Riverside Sheriff's Dept. and booked into county jail for a day. You will get a trial date to see a judge who will no doubt charge you with trespassing on restricted government property and issue you a healthy fine. You may or may not get your stuff back, plus now you have an arrest record. For a few average sized Largemouths? No fishing is that good! "The grass is always greener on the other side" THAT'S the kind of response I was looking for. Thank you, sir, for responding to my questions and for not putting me down. :Smile: Luckily, my downstairs neighbor is a 23-year Riverside P.D.Seargent and a student in my class has a Dad who is a Norco R.C. Sheriff. Let's see what I can pull out of there ... here comes the black jeans, black hoody, black beanie, and my teaching I.D. around my neck... :ROFL:

Rob D
02-19-2009, 12:39 PM
So you know a couple of people with badges. I guess that makes you above the law. What kind of response do you think you are going to get when you are talking about POACHING. I have fished there legally and it's nothing to brag about. I guess you have nothing to lose so have at it.

DarkShadow
02-19-2009, 12:46 PM
I guess you have nothing to lose so have at it.

I agree.

We need more do'ers in this world.

the spinning reel bandit
02-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Ive fished it a bunch and it has a lot of fish in there!!!! My buddy who works there gets me in!!! He fishes it on his lunch, and he has caught fish up to 11lbs in there!!! The biggest ive caught is 5lbs

the spinning reel bandit
02-19-2009, 12:48 PM
just find someone who has military clearance for there. The bass fishing is awesome!!!

you never fished it stop lyin!!!!

jbassc
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Lake Norconian.

But ... to those who are sympathetic to the ninja bass fisha'man ... and to those who realize that there are NO MP's there .... :Big Grin: ...

I would like to slay some largies (I know they're in there...) Who has fished it? ... who knows where and when to get in that bad boy? Who can share some tips?? with a C&R bass fisherman who's willing to try it ... PM if you want ... PM if you CAN ... or just post on here ....

Hey homie im down to go with you,all this replys are a perfect example why not everyone is made to ninja fish but i dont give a dam ill fish were ever when ever hey lunker lover i got a couple of good ninja spots well actually alot maybe you would like to join in one day that is if your not scared of coyotes,mountain lions and ghost.:LOL:

jbassc
02-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Ive fished it a bunch and it has a lot of fish in there!!!! My buddy who works there gets me in!!! He fishes it on his lunch, and he has caught fish up to 11lbs in there!!! The biggest ive caught is 5lbs

GOOD FISH DOG:Big Grin:

Sebastian323
02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
who is allowed to fish there legally anyhow?

Eat Sleep Fish
02-19-2009, 02:22 PM
its only illegal if you get caught. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

LunkerLover
02-19-2009, 03:02 PM
So you know a couple of people with badges. I guess that makes you above the law. What kind of response do you think you are going to get when you are talking about POACHING. I have fished there legally and it's nothing to brag about. I guess you have nothing to lose so have at it. I LOVE the outright optimism! I'll be sure to post my report on here... :High Five:

MAVERICK27
02-19-2009, 03:30 PM
I say his risk, his choice. He's not really poaching if he is releasing...At least he tried to get some input on here first. I would find a legal way first, but thats me

FishingFanatic
02-20-2009, 01:13 PM
As a former MP I would like to say, Have fun!!! Make sure to wear your hunting camo so the MP's mistake you for the trees (or terrorists) either way I am sure they will kindly ask you to leave. Whats the worst that can happen???? Shot? Na that wont happen we are a kinder gentler military. ummmm. ya....

PureAle
02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
dont know what movie this is from but,

" **** it, life's a risk"

hahahaha

calico killer kevin
02-20-2009, 08:55 PM
If you're REALLY ballsy, you'll go scuba that b****.
I'll be rootin' for ya. Good Luck

LunkerLover
02-21-2009, 12:53 AM
As a former MP I would like to say, Have fun!!! Make sure to wear your hunting camo so the MP's mistake you for the trees (or terrorists) either way I am sure they will kindly ask you to leave. Whats the worst that can happen???? Shot? Na that wont happen we are a kinder gentler military. ummmm. ya.... Actually FishFan, I was thinking of going with the black-on-black-on-black look. According to the latest edition of Vogue Magazinem it's the "in" color for Riverside County Ninja Fishing. On a more serious note, from what I've been told by gardeners who work on the base, there are actually no MP's who patrol the grounds ... just private security contractors and the occasional PD.

one time
02-21-2009, 08:06 AM
I fish there twice a week, and there are no "contracted security guards" it's Federal Police. They drive around like voltures circling that entrire lake, and not to mention the cameras they have as well.Trust me bro the fishing can be WFO at times, but not even worth getting arrested....remember A highly secured Naval weapons base, not some golf course.

Troutman65
02-21-2009, 04:45 PM
:whistle:

:Popcorn:

:Worship:

:BabbleFish:

Stormcrow
02-21-2009, 05:45 PM
I live less than 1 mile from it. And I have ninjad every body of water and golf course lake within 15 miles in a circle.

But not there. And there is a reason for that.

Your best bet is to be the guest of millitary personnel. Then you can fish it legally, and take your good stuff too!

B@$$[P][M][P]
11-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Lake Norconian.

So what ended up happening?? I just found out about the place but whats the latest?

Grillsmasher
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
I still think that is funny that you have a 23 year veteran Sgt. from Riverside PD living beneath you in an apartment complex...23 years on the force and all he can afford is an apartment? Thats the kicker of this post.

sansou
11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
We used to get some occasional Norconian reports. Lots of quantity bass, few truly "quality", and good panfishing. Some of you guys who have been on the board for a while may recall this gentleman used to fish with his daughter....the daughter of course drew quite a bit of attention from the peanut gallery.

From what I remember, he had to apply for permission to fish from the base commander, and had to buy a fed fishing license (yes, they exist, I used to have to buy one too). Beyond that, he was able to apparently launch his jonboat to fish the extensive tullies around the lake.

I tried searching for these Norconian reports out of curiousity, but I think they pre-date what our current particular database has on disk.

Troutman65
11-23-2009, 12:01 AM
We used to get some occasional Norconian reports. Lots of quantity bass, few truly "quality", and good panfishing. Some of you guys who have been on the board for a while may recall this gentleman used to fish with his daughter....the daughter of course drew quite a bit of attention from the peanut gallery.

From what I remember, he had to apply for permission to fish from the base commander, and had to buy a fed fishing license (yes, they exist, I used to have to buy one too). Beyond that, he was able to apparently launch his jonboat to fish the extensive tullies around the lake.

I tried searching for these Norconian reports out of curiousity, but I think they pre-date what our current particular database has on disk.

I remember the report or two of the guy with his daughter fishing there.

I did see a Huell Howser show all about Lake Norconain . The lake is only 6 ft. deep. If you can find that episode on the internet and watch it you will gain much info about the place.

Nessie Hunter
11-23-2009, 08:01 AM
I still think that is funny that you have a 23 year veteran Sgt. from Riverside PD living beneath you in an apartment complex...23 years on the force and all he can afford is an apartment? Thats the kicker of this post.

Hey, life happens... :ROFL:

Ive been divorced a few times also... :Embarrassed:

Troutman65
11-23-2009, 06:36 PM
I remember the report or two of the guy with his daughter fishing there.

I did see a Huell Howser show all about Lake Norconain . The lake is only 6 ft. deep. If you can find that episode on the internet and watch it you will gain much info about the place.

Huell Howser 's California's Gold show about Lake Norconain is on PBS Ch. 28 right now .

Troutman65
11-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Lake Norconain lake was part of what was called the "Norconain Resort" It was built in the 1920 's This super rich guy had it built , Hotel , Spa, Grand Ball room , Pools, Airport , & the lake . The lake was dug out by mule teams and is 6 ft. deep all over. It was orginally the lake was 60 acres. Today it is 55 acres.Really great history behind the Norconain Resort. During WWII the U.S. Navy took over Hotels and made hospitals out of them. Thats what happened here. The Navy build more buildings and still uses it today . There also is a Prison there.

mullet
11-24-2009, 05:17 PM
There also is a Prison there.
Isn't that where they keep the ninja's they catch?
LOL

the spinning reel bandit
11-24-2009, 05:33 PM
i fish it about 3 time a month! and it is definentlydeeperthan 6 feet!!! and oh boy is there some hog lmb!!!

sansou
11-24-2009, 07:44 PM
i fish it about 3 time a month! and it is definentlydeeperthan 6 feet!!! and oh boy is there some hog lmb!!!

Post a report.

SHAD MAN 09
11-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Just find someone who has military clearance for there. the bass fishing is awesome!!!

You dont have to get a pass just ask them at the gate if you can fishthe lake the worst they can say is no. they let people hunt and fish on other military property just gotta get premission safer then getting weapons pointed at you r a fat ticket.but if you do it good luck and get a BIG ONE. :Big Grin:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
11-25-2009, 01:01 AM
you dont have to get a pass just ask them at the gate if you can fishthe lake the worst they can say is no. They let people hunt and fish on other military property just gotta get premission safer then getting weapons pointed at you r a fat ticket.but if you do it good luck and get a big one. :big grin:

yeah i asked, they were cool guys but the answer was a no go...but thet told me bring my fater in*law he an old coast guard guy...screw, that he don't like me. I have a better chance ninjaing that lake then going with my inlaw..lol

Troutman65
11-25-2009, 01:09 AM

Unless the lake has been dredged ( highly unlikely ) its only 6 ft. deep .

SHAD MAN 09
11-25-2009, 01:28 AM
yeah i asked, they were cool guys but the answer was a no go...but thet told me bring my fater in*law he an old coast guard guy...screw, that he don't like me. I have a better chance ninjaing that lake then going with my inlaw..lol

well that sucks lol atleast you tried.:ROFL:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
11-25-2009, 05:38 AM
There also is a Prison there.
Isn't that where they keep the ninja's they catch?
LOL

*NINJA DETENTION CENTER*
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/motivator867335ey41-1.jpg

Ray Lopez
11-25-2009, 08:32 AM

i agree why bother doing something that has a 90% chance of getting screwed big time when you can go to many other spots to fish with a lot less or no chance of geting caught.

As a former MP I would like to say, Have fun!!! Make sure to wear your hunting camo so the MP's mistake you for the trees (or terrorists) either way I am sure they will kindly ask you to leave. Whats the worst that can happen???? Shot? Na that wont happen we are a kinder gentler military. ummmm. ya....

lol

the spinning reel bandit
11-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Here are a couple that went 9.6 & 10.4. These we caught in the past 3 months!

jmp_fishinn
11-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Here are a couple that went 9.6 & 10.4. These we caught in the past 3 months!

:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

Corpsman573
11-25-2009, 09:01 PM
All you guys talking about doing a Ninja on federal property kill me.:ROFL: Its not a golf course where they simply ask you to leave. Its a federal instalation and its a federal offense to break onto one. The big millitary bases even have thier own Federal Game wardens, and the millitary police command at thier disposal
However, I am an Active duty Naval Corpsman who is currently serving with a Marine command and I have access to any base. I have fished Norconian. You can launch a small boat or a float tube. Its not like Pendleton where you just need persmison from the Warden. At Norconian you need to be accompanied by a millitary member (because you need millitary stickers on your car,or an ID ) and you also need a California fishing liscense
The lake has BAS, CATFISH, and PANFISH galore. It gets very light pressure, and its mostly catch and release. Ive never been disapointed in the quality or quantity of fish.

smokehound
11-26-2009, 12:55 AM
I would totally Ninja matthews.

You just gotta find a weak spot. :LOL:

navybaiter
12-30-2009, 05:47 PM
I just got stationed here and I'll tell you what, the lake looks great and I have seen a few people fishing here. From what I have heard from the guys here is the lake hasnt been stocked in about 2O years although people still pull large mouth bass, cat fish and perch. Athe bass is catch and release all else th limit is 5. Best lake in the region. No boating aloud though.

JigStop
01-01-2010, 05:51 PM
better size on the back nine large ponds at Green River. No need for ninja either just release or give the ranger a $5.00 spot and he will leave you alone.