PDA

View Full Version : It's Alive!!!!!!!!!

Ifishtoolittle
02-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Yes! the Salton Sea is still alive according to WON. In this week's edition of WON there is

an article that says that the old sea still has a large thriving population of Tilapia.

although this may not be the most celebrated game fish around personally I think that it is

one of the easiest to subdue. From what I read the last known population of Corvina the

once top dog of the sea was in 03'. As of now there have been some vague reports of the

fish, but nothing official. Jus wasnted to share the good news about the sea. For those

of you who are skeptical about what I have to day just look in this week's edition of WON.

The sea is still alive so let's fish it guys. - Ifishtoolittle

I wasn't sure if this would make sense if I put in the General section, but to me it made more sense to put

a report section.

craznazn
02-18-2009, 08:02 PM
I just the article myself....Salton Sea is a huge place, I remember fishing for Corvinas near Red Hill.

What are the better places to fish for tilapia besides making a trek around the whole Salton Sea?

Laters....

That Dang Guy
02-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Some family friends went recently...wide open. Easier than shooting fish in a bucket.

Ifishtoolittle
02-18-2009, 08:28 PM
I just the article myself....Salton Sea is a huge place, I remember fishing for Corvinas near Red Hill.

What are the better places to fish for tilapia besides making a trek around the whole Salton Sea?

Laters....

Well I don't know any locations sorry about that. I just know that fiah are biting.

FlyNut
02-18-2009, 08:33 PM
I've got a friend that fished out there for the covina with flies and slayed them in 01-03. Talk about monsters that fight! I don't know if the Sea turned, ph went crazy or what but there was only a couple year window in recent history that had good reports on the corvina.

Tr1p0d
02-18-2009, 09:11 PM
I went over there 2 years ago and did pretty good over at Salt Creek. I also heard that time Northshore was good. Most likely you'll get em there. I would call Northshore Marina and get the report before going down there. It's always fun pulling on those fish... Good Luck if you guys go...

Forgot to mention that there was a local fishing for Corvinas. He was throwing a Tady 45 on a 9' jigstick. He told me that they have been getting some Corvinas. Not like use to but I guess some is better then none....

Fish Dog
02-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Forgot to mention that there was a local fishing for Corvinas. He was throwing a Tady 45 on a 9' jigstick. He told me that they have been getting some Corvinas. Not like use to but I guess some is better then none....

I've done some research in the past and the last report of corvina in the Salton Sea was in like '03. Unless I saw it myself, or had pictures from a reliable source I'd call BS.