PDA

View Full Version : Carrot Sticks

craznazn
02-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Any one try the E21 Carrot Stick rods? Everything from the spinning to casting rods. I'm reading some good reviews but wouldn't mind additional info before I buy.

Thanks!

92yj
02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
sure look at this.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=29517

craznazn
02-18-2009, 06:42 PM
I read the post...didn't say he did or didn't like the rod, only that it broke. Need more info...

GeordyBass
02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
pm him bro...he loves those rods and i think they're the best for the price too!

lurk 182
02-18-2009, 06:54 PM
if i remember right, he locked his drag down too. he's no dummy though, i don't think the line he was fishing was above what the rod was rated for either, but most line will hold several more pounds than its rating, so its hard to say. with a decent knot, you can probably hang 20lbs on twelve pound line w/o it breaking. there are some lines for guys who are going after line class records that are designed to break at exactly their rating, because the line will be tested by the IGFA to make sure it is what it says on the box. CXX Pline is way stronger than the actual rating on the box, i'd say its over by at least a third, but the diameter is bigger than other lines with the same rating. he was also fishing flouro, which means that the line is absorbing a lot less force than mono would because it streches a lot less. i wouldn't judge the company based on one incident.

fishntime
02-18-2009, 07:33 PM
As a matter of fact Im going by bps tomorrow to pick up the 7'3" mh. Im just not sure which reel to pair it up with.

smitty99
02-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I love mine. Very sensitive and seems strong. Wingnut thought he might have had a hairline fracture toward the base, I believe he mentioned that in his report.

craznazn
02-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the input...I like the fact that the rods are super light. I wasn't sure of the actions until reading some of your responses. Thumbs up to everyone as I think I'm leaning towards getting a few new rods very soon....

smitty99
02-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh yes, forgot to mention, super light too!!!

Wingnut
02-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Love all my Carrot Stix rods. The guides takes some getting used to though. I spoke to a E21 representative and it probably was a minor defect. All I had to do was to cut a 4 inch piece of the broken rod showing the model number and mailed it. They are replacing the rod no questions asked. :Cool:

The broken rod model was the Boyd Duckett Gold Series CG-761M-C (7' 6") Line weight 12-25lbs. I was using #12 Seaguar InvizX