PDA

View Full Version : San Felipe 2009

mstr fish
02-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Ok so I have asked a couple questions in Aug. in regards to a San Felipe trip aboard the Tony Reyes. I had gotten some good responses. Thanks to those who have responded. I have been out in the dark lately in this troubled economy trying to find new ways to create income for my buisness which has been positive with the help of some partners and as a result my fishing life has sucked to say the least. I have not been able to fish let alone contribute to this site. But it could be worse right? In Aug. the trip was sold out for a May trip and I was hoping that someone may have dropped and a spot open up. Well I got in and am paid and trying to get ready to go. YIPPIE. I was hoping that you all would be able to give me some gear recomondations on some set-ups I should bring. Basically for salt this is what I have. 2mxj single speeds and a kencor and sabre rod. Keep in mind that I am not rich so spending thousands is out but know I have to spend. Reel sizes comparible to/brands rod/brands/comparible to. Much aprreciated..............................fish

mossback
02-18-2009, 06:33 PM
I did those for many years.Keeping it simple, dont bring anything lighter than 40#, bring lots of heavy iron, Tady a2's, 8 to 16 ounce torpedos, big hooks like 3/0 to 6/0. You can get away with having a few sticks, a 40# rod for the iron, and a 60# rod for dropping down live macks( I guess thats two).No light line is required cuz you will hook some brutes and turning them is the key. Oh yea a rod with like 120# for the big groupers would also be a good idea.That early in the season your best shot will be the cabrilla and groupers and there should be some seabass and yellows around. Good luck