PDA

View Full Version : The bite at Perris is....

Pete Marino
02-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Starting to turn around. :Dancing Banana:
If anybody wants a guide trip out on Perris to learn the lake, learn spots, learn what baits work, what techniques work well, throw swimbaits or basically broaden your horizons on Perris, feel free to let me know and Ill get you out there and show you the ropes. :Wink:
I have a special "Perris Rate" right now for those who want a trip...
The bite during the week is alot better then the bite on the weekend or during a tournament because less presure...so lets go!!!! :Big Grin:

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService. com
(909) 510 -5679

PHISHnutS
02-18-2009, 12:54 PM
How's the striper bite? :LOL:

Skyler
02-18-2009, 01:22 PM
How's the striper bite? :LOL:

ROFL! Hopefully non-existant?

PHISHnutS
02-18-2009, 01:28 PM
ROFL! Hopefully non-existant?

That's what I thought, did you see the cover of WON a few weeks back? 3 fish over 15lbs. :Shocked:

Skyler
02-18-2009, 01:57 PM
That's what I thought, did you see the cover of WON a few weeks back? 3 fish over 15lbs. :Shocked:

No! I just found those reports. I guess hell froze over. The Perris bass fishery is about go the way of silverwood's pretty soon if this keeps up :(

FishingFanatic
02-18-2009, 02:03 PM
I am not discreteting those three guys and their plunker and swimbait stripers. The pic is clearly in front of the marina but I fished that same day they were there all day with the tripple trout, BBZ, Z-plug and pencil poppers and didnt see anyone hooking any stripers. They got onto a lucky woof pack probably. I think they are still too far between. Those fish were huge in that pic.

PHISHnutS
02-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I am not discreteting those three guys and their plunker and swimbait stripers. The pic is clearly in front of the marina but I fished that same day they were there all day with the tripple trout, BBZ, Z-plug and pencil poppers and didnt see anyone hooking any stripers. They got onto a lucky woof pack probably. I think they are still too far between. Those fish were huge in that pic.

Agreed, I don't think stripers will be a common catch from there anytime soon, especially that size...then again who really knows?

Sorry for the thread jack Pete.

Pete Marino
02-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah I saw those pics of those stripers and they were huge... The number of catches have been going up since they brought the water up some over the last 6 months or so...Now the ones that came in are biting..
Hopefully they dont take too well....

Hog Caller
02-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Pete,

Were you fishing a tourny at Perris last Sunday?
If so, is your boat a white/yellow Skeeter?

H/C

Pete Marino
02-18-2009, 05:50 PM
That was me... I was the ugly guy on the pointy end of the yellow white and black skeeter and my wife was the good looking one in the back of the boat!! :Big Grin:

Ambassadorhawg
02-18-2009, 07:27 PM
The Stripers have been in there for at least 10 years. My buddy caught a good one in the 90's and says he saw a small group of good sized fish cruise by his underwater camera at the deep hole in Perris.

There was a 20+ pounder taken out of there recently. Those things are there to stay.

Funny thing is, there isn't supposed to be any Largemouth in there either. It was built up as a Spotted Bass fishery originally until somebody threw some LMB's in there and they took over.

So, eventually, the Stripers which are not supposed to be in there, will take over the Largemouth which are not supposed to be in there...and so on and so on...

Oh yeah, there is also Flathead catfish in there now!!! Jezzzzz!

fishntime
02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
I was out there today just to throw the swimbaits for awhile, from shore. And it seemed that guys were getting skunked. The water is way to low.