PDA

View Full Version : perris on presidents day off shore

hookup
02-17-2009, 08:09 PM
me and my cousin have only fished this place twice and were skuned the first time. but this time i caught one 2 1/2 pound largie. when we got there we started off in the marina were the boat rental office is. when we first got there we seen a monster striper boil and started throwing out punkers in the terrible wheter with no luck. finally i gave up on that and started throwing a gary yamamoto fat ika. five minutes with into fishing the bait i make a cast 2 inches from the last dock and set my rod down to go pick up my box and put it into bag pack so it doesnt get wet. i walk back over grab my rod and start to work the bait immediatley i feel 2 quick thumps, i put my rod tip down and watch the line take off BAM!!! i set the hook and what do you know i pull in a nice quality largemouth with one eye though. that day sure payed off

pasadenafishin
02-17-2009, 08:28 PM
nice job beating the skunk but, that wasnt a striper boil, there arent many stripers in perris.

hookup
02-17-2009, 08:33 PM
hell ya it was what else could it have been.

samgann93
02-17-2009, 08:51 PM
nice job beating the skunk but, that wasnt a striper boil, there arent many stripers in perris.

so u say there are some stripers, yet you tell him there's no way it was a striper.
hahahaha. okay.

fishntime
02-18-2009, 03:00 AM
Nice report. And the strippeys are in there I feel that now that water is so low we will be seeing more of them.

formosa
02-18-2009, 08:17 AM
a 21lber was catched by a buddy last week, they are in perris.

Seng90806
02-18-2009, 09:09 AM
a 21lber was catched by a buddy last week, they are in perris.

are you serious? I fished there for over 10 years and never ever saw a striper caught there. I guess they are in there cuz ur not the first person I hear this from so it must be true

Pete Marino
02-18-2009, 09:45 AM
There have been a small population of stripers in Perris for years but when they brought the lake up over the last 6-8 months alot of Stripers came in through the pipes. That is why we are seeing more and more Stripers being caught this winter..
They arent bringing any more water in, in fact the are drawing it down but the Stripers are there to stay until they get caught.
Lets just hope that they dont take to well to the lake and multiply like rabbits...

Pete:Cool:

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I want to see STRIPER BLOOOOOOOD !

who will do it....come on people....

do I have to ?

can someone please help

I just cannot cope with my day without seeing some stripey death by the way of the cold steel driven into their jaws ! ............ from lake perris

come on people !!!!

ha ha ha

Nice job on the LMB....
a pic would be cool, even with the one eye

I look forward to seeing the stripey's there, I doubt if they will thrive and repopulate as they need current to spawn

pappi
02-18-2009, 11:07 AM
i dont know if this magazine is accurate or not, but 3 dd strippers came out of perris not to long ago

JENSEN500
02-18-2009, 02:12 PM
i dont know if this magazine is accurate or not, but 3 dd strippers came out of perris not to long ago

very true!!!

sidified
02-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Ummmmmm--what magazine?

ISEEKHUNT
02-19-2009, 07:43 AM
It is impossible for adult stripers to come through the pipes as Pete Moreno said. There are screens on those pipes that will only allow eggs or fry to come through. The theory I've heard from Fish and Game is those fish have been in there for some time, but because the water level is so low(condensed) more fish are being caught.

formosa
02-19-2009, 08:38 AM
seng, watch the thread post by iseekhunt, enjoy the video.