PDA

View Full Version : how should i fish the triple trout?

hookup
02-17-2009, 07:48 PM
i have had no luck with the 8 inch triple trout at all. i cant catch **** with it could you guys help me out with some pointers, cause i dont know if theres some special way to fish it of not but i need some help!!!!

Ambassadorhawg
02-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Big baits don't get much action compared to your standard baits. You've just got to throw, throw, throw. Eventually, your efforts will pay off.

Knowing when to throw it will improve your bite ratio. Fish it in crappy, rainy, windy, foggy, stormy weather. Fish it in the dark. Fish it in Winter or Spring. Fish it in pre-spawn. Fish it slowly, irratically and fast. Give it some very kick pauses or jerks during your retrieve.
Use at least 20 pound test! Make sure your rod and reel can handle the weight and stregnth of a big fish.

This is the season to get bit on big baits. Keep trying...

samgann93
02-17-2009, 08:48 PM
i honestly dont think there is a way to fish a swimbait. you have to see what works. try different depth and retrives. Ambassadorhawg nailed it.

BingJr
02-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Is it a fast sink or the slow sink. It is good to fish over submerged islands or rock piles or the stairs along the dams at DVL. The falling barometer and bad weather definitely help. But the TT is my absolute favorite swim bait. You are definitely on the right track.

Pete Marino
02-18-2009, 09:56 AM
The Triple Trout is a great bait. Ive caught tons of Bass on it in the past.
Use 20lb mono... The key to the triple trout is the retreive.....fast retreive works best by far.. Dont reel this bait in slow...its made to be retreived at a faster rate then alot of swimbaits. try it and you will catch bass...
Good luck!!!

Pete :Cool:

basscatcher
02-18-2009, 05:59 PM
cast off or toward points. let it sink a ways then work it in with no twitch just reel slowly.

God Bless

basscatcher

smitty99
02-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Hmm reel in slowly? That kinda defies what Pete said before. I guess its just all based on personal experience.

snag
02-18-2009, 09:52 PM
The TT tends to lean more towards a higher speed retrieve. Not saying you can't fish it slow however. Experiment with it, it's also a killer 'Wake' bait too.

Good luck out there, death grip that rod and have fun with it, LOL.

Pete Marino
02-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Basscatcher. hahahaha He has probably caught fish on the triple trout at a slower retreive. I on the other hand have not.
I know for a fact that the TT is meant to be retreived at a faster rate than most swimbaits.
The bait just doesnt look right in the water if it is reeled in slow. With a faster retrieve they crush the bait with a vicious reaction strike.
Im not saying you will never catch fish on it reeling it slow I just know from experience that a faster retreive works excellent.

Pete:Cool:

LimitedOut20
02-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Here are a couple of articles regarding fishing the 22nd Century Triple Trout:

http://www.hookeduptackle.com/10.html?sm=61035&psid=0nLotcwx6aAeMpXAyl8v

Frenchy
02-18-2009, 11:21 PM
all day every day

Ryan C
02-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Here are a couple of articles regarding fishing the 22nd Century Triple Trout:

http://www.hookeduptackle.com/10.html?sm=61035&psid=0nLotcwx6aAeMpXAyl8v