PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Guru's I Need Help With Shipping Insurance

striker
02-17-2009, 07:26 PM
I need to ship something valuable. Small package. I need to insure the item for 60k. What is the best method of shipping? UPS? I noticed that USPS insures up to 25k. I also need a sig. confirm and a tracking #. Oh, and this package needs to be next day air. Thanks!

Ricky-Ray
02-17-2009, 09:23 PM
For that dollar amount I would go either FedEx or UPS.

Fisherman57
02-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I may be wrong, but Fed-Ex only insures up to $500.00..... while UPS insures up to $50,000.00 with special requirements.

Id get a written insurance appraisal that reflects the cost of replacing the property in today’s retail market. Document the insured value on the packing slip and provide a copy of a paid receipt that shows its value.

Might be a good idea to contact a high end auction house like Butterfields and see how they ship items of that value.

The U.S. Postal Service will insure packages sent by registered parcel post up to $25,000.

Sue
02-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Honestly Striker, if you need to insure something for that much, I would recommend hand delivering it.

I'm not sure where you are sending the item to, but for the amount that the insurance will cost you it's probably worth the flight.

What Dana said about using an auction house....I agree with him. Last year, my bro and I risked shipping something from the UK to the US valued at $12K, and IT WAS NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE......yeah, it got here fine but there was always the worry about "will it, won't it".

Nessie Hunter
02-18-2009, 09:46 AM
I need to ship something valuable. Small package.

Im retired and available (for a fee) to hand deliver in continental US...

Franks delivery service... :ROFL: