PDA

View Full Version : corona lake tips!!!

BOIL909
02-17-2009, 07:04 PM
ive never fished at corona lake. i need some tips on where to fish. please and thank you

CASTAWAY
02-17-2009, 07:30 PM
ive never fished at corona lake. i need some tips on where to fish. please and thank you

I'm no expert but I've seen people catching fish over by the dam area.....(Trout)

samgann93
02-17-2009, 07:32 PM
the dam area is pretty good. that right around where the stocking takes place.
powerbait with a powerworm is pretty consistant for me over there.

jig fishing is much harder but the benifits are... lets say LARGER :P

KEL40
02-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah SamGann and Castaway is right the dam area is known to kick out big fish. I heard that 19 1/2 pounder was caught in January out of that area. Although personally I haven't had much luck fishing the dam area. I had way more luck right across the lake from the bait and tackle shop area. Basically if you were to go down the long stairs from the left side of the tackle shop you would see a group of boats and tubers working the shore directly across from the bottom of the steps. Use light line 2 to 4 pound test preferably 2 pound test. Water is a slightly discolored so I would stick to Chartreuse and bright orange powerbait. Crimp a small splitshot about 6-8 inches from the hook. If you don't get bit move the shot up to 12 inches.
If your into fishing a powermouse(power egg and half a trout room) on a #10 hook again with a small shot or even a swivel and 1/8th ounce sliding egg sinker. Use white,pink or chartreuse colored power eggs followed by a orange trout worm or chartreuse trout worm. I got a 4 pounder on the chartreuse and orange worm on Sunday so I know it works. Work your rig in 10-17ft of water mainly in 10ft. Drift your setup or wind it back as slowly as possible occasionally lifting your rod tip between 10 and 12 o'clock and adding a few bounces in between. This way of fishing is absolutely deadly for trout large and small. Hopefully more of the former as opposed to the latter. Also don't hesitate to spray or dip your offering in Berkely's Garlic. I tried soaking Nightcrawlers with no luck but you can try. Hey well Good Luck Boil909 and anyone out there reading my post. Tight Lines everyone!!!! :Envious:

TEAM CASTIN
02-17-2009, 10:18 PM
umm ive fished corona many times
well since your asking for trout
the left side of the docks are good
and by the dam
last week i caught a 7 pound lighting trout on corn power bait at like 10 feet away left side of the docks
well good luck out there

christainmetalhead909
02-17-2009, 10:30 PM
corn pb is the best thing that i have experienced there

Seng90806
02-18-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm no expert but I've seen people catching fish over by the dam area.....(Trout)

yep...thats where lizzay picked up some lighting trouts :LOL:

BOIL909
02-18-2009, 06:48 AM
thanx guys but i though corn was illegal to use? o well game on i need some dinner!

fishndrinknsmokin
02-18-2009, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE=BOIL909;310498]thanx guys but i though corn was illegal to use? o well game on i need some dinner![/QUOTE

They are talking about the corn flavored (light yellow) powerbait.

CASTAWAY
02-18-2009, 08:13 AM
thanx guys but i though corn was illegal to use? o well game on i need some dinner!

Corn is legal to use on a hook.

fishndrinknsmokin
02-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Hey Casty I'm heading out to SARL tonight.....hopefully with the nephew.....come join in if you want. Sorry for the thread jacking......

CASTAWAY
02-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey Casty I'm heading out to SARL tonight.....hopefully with the nephew.....come join in if you want. Sorry for the thread jacking......

Sounds good but I can not make it. Maybe next time.