PDA

View Full Version : Duct STRIPER report for the weekend

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I got a HUGE !......................................(see below)

Skunk !

Ha ha ha ha ha....well, I was fishing for stripers but I didn't catch any !!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys, I knew you'd think somethin else, couldnt resist the laugh !

I am not kidding, I fished on and off 3 days/nights out there and walked over 30 miles collectively I'm sure......

not a strike.....
SHUT DOWN !!!!!!!!!!

I fished ALL REGIONS !....if ya got a striper there this weekend...ur a better man than me, I pounded it REAL Hard...I figured if I didnt give up I find action....wuuhp wuuhp wuuhp wahhhhhh!

Thats all I got ta say bout that !

Dayam....
-GLFS

MAVERICK27
02-17-2009, 03:45 PM
That sucks Bro!!! All of your other posts had me gearing up for Stripers!! We all have our days!! You have less of those than most of us. You seem to always land some fish! Holler at me one of these days and i'll head out there with ya!

yolo
02-17-2009, 04:34 PM
There was one that I know of caught on Sat. I got the big ol skunk myself on Sunday when I was out for a little bit. I found a small swimbait that mimics the silverside minnows in the duct. At least I did get something besides the skunk.

GeordyBass
02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Same here Gary boy...I tried out a couple of zones and only got a hard hit once but had too much slack line out...the fish hit after i casted the shad kpn...

WJC71
02-17-2009, 04:38 PM
There was one that I know of caught on Sat. I got the big ol skunk myself on Sunday when I was out for a little bit. I found a small swimbait that mimics the silverside minnows in the duct. At least I did get something besides the skunk.

Yeah, I heard the same thing also.
I heard it was a DD :Rolls Eyes:
What do those swimbaits look like ? Who makes them?

yolo
02-17-2009, 04:58 PM

Yeah, I heard the same thing also.
I heard it was a DD :Rolls Eyes:
What do those swimbaits look like ? Who makes them?

9.5 is two digits but not a double digit :ROFL: The swimbait is 3 to 4 inches long and has a rattle chamber and 1 treble hook. I have never seen one like it but it mimics the duct minnows pretty darn well. I have no idea who makes it as I found it in 3 feet of duct water.

WJC71
02-17-2009, 05:01 PM
:Embarrassed:

I have no idea who makes it as I found it in 3 feet of duct waterI've found a few lures up there also

PONTOON
02-17-2009, 05:08 PM
No Gary, please tell me it ain't so! I call BS on this one there's no way the Man of Steel can walk away empty handed...........:Shocked:

As for me I know the feeling Gary. It just makes that next fish very gratifying! Keep the reports coming.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

WJC71
02-17-2009, 05:15 PM
I just hate when you get the ole AV SKUNK http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh87/ma8o2/skunk2.gif

lalo56
02-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Yup. I was there this weekend since we visited my brother to go out for a valentine dinner. Sunday morning woke up and head to the duct and even Elizabeth lake and no bites at all, chovies and swimbaits with no luck. We will try it again next time.

I also tried my curado and was doing good until i wanted to see if i could cast to the other end and got a bird's nest. Noticed the line broke in several places, that was a bad one.

radray
02-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Gary, I have been away from the forums for months due to work schedule and guess who I see with pictures of quality fish all over the forum, but you. Good job on the stripers and the harbor fishes. As for your skunk, I am certain that will not deter you from SLAYING them the next time. One thing I remember about fishing with you is that you don't give up even when the odds are against you.

Hey, PM your new number. The number you gave me a while back is no longer valid. I also have a new number. Get back to me so I can give you my new contact information.

Raymond

jeff4321
02-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Gary got skunked?!

Take cover everyone its the end of the world!

Wingnut
02-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Damn, you average 10 miles a day on foot on the Striper hunt. :Shocked: I'm sure that if they were there and willing to play you would have found them. Conditions were tough everywhere including the surf man. Props on the effort... few will put in that much time & dedication towards the chase. :Cool:

Seng90806
02-18-2009, 12:41 AM
maybe its the storm...stripers are hibernating in a hole somewhere....im pretty sure you'll find them sooner or later :LOL:

thepuma
02-18-2009, 08:19 AM
With Spring getting closer, we should all be able to get our fish on. What about the Northern part of the Aqueduct. Those guys usually pull out more over there. How about Trail Blazer, you hit it lately?
I Went out after work for about an hour last night 4-5 p.m.. Nada It was 34 degrees F at my house. My mind was prepared to hook up. My hands were hurting. Penny was slipping on the ice.
This week the weather will be much nicer. I will probably head out tonight.

LateFisher
02-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Welcome to my world :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

fishinone
02-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Gary,

Thanks for the report. When I get skunked I think it was me, but now I can blame it on conditions.

I fished the duct Sunday evening from 5:00 to 9:00 and Monday morning from 4:00 to 7:30. for, not even a hint of fish.

I did have a deer blow at me from on the hill across the duct. I never saw the deer it was too dark.

It was great to be out there Monday morning. Snow was accumulating up the hill, about 100' over my head but melting before it got to the ground around me.

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Gary,

Thanks for the report. When I get skunked I think it was me, but now I can blame it on conditions.

I fished the duct Sunday evening from 5:00 to 9:00 and Monday morning from 4:00 to 7:30. for, not even a hint of fish.

I did have a deer blow at me from on the hill across the duct. I never saw the deer it was too dark.

It was great to be out there Monday morning. Snow was accumulating up the hill, about 100' over my head but melting before it got to the ground around me.

hopefully the barrometer will level out in the upcomming days and the bite changes...not much going on with them fishees right now....
Gotta give it some time

On another note, I tied your custom jigs for you last night that you won at the Striper bowl raffle, I'll tie teasers tonight to complete the set, let me know when you want to work out getting them.
Gary

sidified
02-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Nice try, Gary, but I ain't buying it---I've a feeling your three day casting spree was a contrived 'mercy skunk' just to sucker us into thinking you're actually mortal---What did you do, remove the hooks?!

Ambassadorhawg
02-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi, my name is Gary and boy, do I stink!

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi, my name is Gary and boy, do I stink!

The next photo will be me.....BUT I will be holding a fish....AND...I'll have GUTTED that skunk pictured above and I'll be wearing him for a hat.....

Ha ha ha....

I like the "Mercy skunk" statement above...

I could only wish that it was a re-conceived planned out skunk....

Ambassadorhawg
02-19-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't know about you but a skunk is a type of fish as far as I am concerned....we've all caught 'em before at one time or another on our fishing excursions!

So, congrats on the skunk...it ain't all bad, you see now?