PDA

View Full Version : Nice Place,No Fish

carpinator
02-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I went for a hike to this creek in conejo valley, I heard about bass,blue gill and maybe wild trout being caught there. I threw everything in the water except the kitchen sink, no bites, no chasers, I walked a mile along the creek passed the falls and up above the falls and didn't eyeball one fish. I'll take those reports of catching fish to be false, nice place though, it kind of reminded me of some spots up in monkey canyon, they should put some rainbows in there for the winter.
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/carpinator_photos/Allourpicturescatfish006.jpg

jim532
02-17-2009, 09:23 AM
From the looks of the pic I find it hard to beleive it reminds you of monkey canyon, was it full of trash and graffiti?

Sorry to here about the skunk,

NoHo ART
02-17-2009, 09:34 AM
you forgot to mention broken glass bottles in the water and homeboys jumping all over the place:ROFL:

gavin310
02-17-2009, 09:37 AM
yeah man that place looks like it would be awesome to fish. that's weird there's nothing in there.

tacklejunkie
02-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Half the fun is the hike :Cool:
Nice scenery.
There may be some fish in there but most creek/river fish are kinda spooky. Try and sneak up on them.

Keep it up. You'll find your own little back woods creek spot to fish sooner or later :Wink:

jim532
02-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Half the fun is the hike :Cool:
Nice scenery.
There may be some fish in there but most creek/river fish are kinda spooky. Try and sneak up on them.

Keep it up. You'll find your own little back woods creek spot to fish sooner or later :Wink:

That's true wild trout aren't sitting and waiting for you to throw bait in the water like the stockers.

I've thrown everything in a pool before and no luck, then come back later practically doing a commando crawl and toss a salmon egg in and then it's fish on...

carpinator
02-17-2009, 11:51 AM
From the looks of the pic I find it hard to beleive it reminds you of monkey canyon, was it full of trash and graffiti?

Sorry to here about the skunk,

Your right jim532. I didn't see any graffiti and very little trash,take away the graffiti in this pic, and there are some similarities to the monkey. http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/carpinator_photos/Allourpictures245.jpg
And this creek had none of these.http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/carpinator_photos/Allourpictures235.jpg

Roostertail
02-17-2009, 12:04 PM
I know where you were. The only thing I've ever seen in there is crawdad's.

carpinator
02-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Your right Roostertail, i saw crawfish everywhere below the falls, and they were all fresh dead.

Eat Sleep Fish
02-17-2009, 01:35 PM
sucks to hear no trout. probably fished out.

SR_RKO
02-18-2009, 05:48 PM
hey carpinator i know where thats at. im pretty sure thats the creek down in wildwood park. Its a nice hike and the fall is nice but the only thing i have ever seen in there is crawfish and algae.

tpfishnfool
02-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I know where you were. The only thing I've ever seen in there is crawdad's.

Ah , Labranca.. Spent alot of my teen days there clif diving. Nice to see it still pretty clean.