PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sierra Photography website...

Sierra_Smitty
02-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm in the process of creating an online gallery to showcase some of my photography. Any chance a few of you folks could visit the site and click around a bit to look for bugs? My friend found one problem yesterday and I figured there might be more. The more eyes the better chance of catching any mistakes before I go live with the thing...comments on how the images look in your browser and any other suggestions are welcome.

http://smithsierraphotography.com/

Thanks gang,
Smitty

diamondbear
02-16-2009, 08:21 PM
absolutly beautiful photos , the first one of the stream is my favorite . very good work .

troutdog
02-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Awesome stuff right there, thanks for sharing here on FNN.

TD

Shock
02-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Hey Jared.

Sweet pictures man!!! I really like the ones of the creek!!!

Smugmug is a cool site for galleries. I have all of my pictures on there. How do you like it so far?

Found I thing on there for ya...

On the first pic in High Sierra gallery it is captioned "The South Lake that in 2007"... I think you meant to say "Thaw"....

Anyways, keep up the great work!!! Your pictures are sweet and now making me wish I was back up there....lol

Take care,

Granny Fish
02-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Looks good! Love the picture of the fishing bear. :Cool: Can't wait to see more pictures.

Sierra_Smitty
02-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey Jared.

Sweet pictures man!!! I really like the ones of the creek!!!

Smugmug is a cool site for galleries. I have all of my pictures on there. How do you like it so far?

Found I thing on there for ya...

On the first pic in High Sierra gallery it is captioned "The South Lake that in 2007"... I think you meant to say "Thaw"....

Anyways, keep up the great work!!! Your pictures are sweet and now making me wish I was back up there....lol

Take care,

I like Smugmug so far but I've only been messing with the thing for about 4 days - so far so good I guess. I ordered one of my own photos so I'm curious to see how it looks. I wanted to make sure the quality was good before I go selling photos ya know?

And thank you for catching the typo - you are exactly right, I meant "thaw". That is exactly why needed a fresh pair of eyes.

Thanks!
Smitty

Sierra_Smitty
02-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Looks good! Love the picture of the fishing bear. :Cool: Can't wait to see more pictures.

Thanks - that's probably my favorite photo I've ever taken. Right place, right time - I wish that happened more often! haha!

Shock
02-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I like Smugmug so far but I've only been messing with the thing for about 4 days - so far so good I guess. I ordered one of my own photos so I'm curious to see how it looks. I wanted to make sure the quality was good before I go selling photos ya know?

And thank you for catching the typo - you are exactly right, I meant "thaw". That is exactly why needed a fresh pair of eyes.

Thanks!
Smitty

I use it for family photos so my wife is always ordering pictures... You will like the quality for sure... Did you see all of the other stuff you can order pictures on like the mugs, keychains, shirts, ect.... You can make some sweet stuff for Parcher's with your own pictures!!! Not sure how cost effective it would be though. That would be sweet though!!!

Good luck Jared...

Mondo21
02-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Beautiful pics Jared, can't wait to see it in person. Cindy:Big Grin:

bsp
02-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Those are incredible photos! The Sierras' beauty never ceases to amaze me, and I always look forward to my trips there. The website is well done, with only one glitch I could find.

In Bishop Creek Canyon 2008, picture #12 (South Fork above Parchers) does not load. I am using Firefox for the browser.

Sierra_Smitty
02-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Those are incredible photos! The Sierras' beauty never ceases to amaze me, and I always look forward to my trips there. The website is well done, with only one glitch I could find.

In Bishop Creek Canyon 2008, picture #12 (South Fork above Parchers) does not load. I am using Firefox for the browser.

Thank you for the kind words and feedback. I think I have the issue fixed - would you mind rechecking it to see if it loads now?

Thanks again!
smitty

bsp
02-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Thank you for the kind words and feedback. I think I have the issue fixed - would you mind rechecking it to see if it loads now?

Thanks again!
smitty

Not a problem, and there's no glitch now!

pattitude
02-19-2009, 08:40 PM
great photos, would love to know what kind of camera you use

Sierra_Smitty
02-19-2009, 08:48 PM
great photos, would love to know what kind of camera you use

Thank you for the compliment.

Most of the images were taken with my Nikon D70 - I love it. It's probably the best toy I've ever bought.

old pudd fisher
02-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Very nice work photography is one of my hobbies and I have had my eye on a D70 Nikon. That will come soon I hope.

old pudd fisher
02-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Very nice work photography is one of my hobbies and I have had my eye on a D70 Nikon. That will come soon I hope.

Roostertail
02-21-2009, 11:14 AM
You have done a magnificent job of capturing the beauty of the Eastern Sierras. I had no problems usung internet explorer 7.0.

J-hook
02-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Smitty,
Just an opinion. Your main home page (at the top) is something like...

Smith Sierra Photography Images From the

High Country

What if it was this way...?

Smith Sierra Photography
Images From the High Country

EDIT: well, it didn't mimic exactly. What I mean is - in the first example, "Smith Sierra Photography Images From the" is all on one line and the "High Country" is by itself on the next line and is centered. My second example (the what-if) has "Images From the High Country" on its own line under your title.

So, what do poeple think of this idea?

BTW, I sure like the animal pics. I happened upon a marmot one time, but I sure couldn't get it to pose for me!

Sierra_Smitty
02-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Smitty,
Just an opinion. Your main home page (at the top) is something like...

Smith Sierra Photography Images From the

High Country

What if it was this way...?

Smith Sierra Photography
Images From the High Country

EDIT: well, it didn't mimic exactly. What I mean is - in the first example, "Smith Sierra Photography Images From the" is all on one line and the "High Country" is by itself on the next line and is centered. My second example (the what-if) has "Images From the High Country" on its own line under your title.

So, what do poeple think of this idea?

BTW, I sure like the animal pics. I happened upon a marmot one time, but I sure couldn't get it to pose for me!

Ya know what, that is exactly what I'm trying to do. It looks just like you recommend on my browser. What browser are you using? I need to fix that right away. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

TroutOnly
02-24-2009, 01:43 PM
YOURE PICS ARE COOL SMITTY ,BUT I LIKE MINE BETTER ,,LOL,,JK,,,,,,IT MAKES ME WANTING THE SPRING TO GET HERE FAST SO I CAN GO BACK UP THE MOUNTAIN,,,,t/o,,,

J-hook
02-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Smitty,
I have IE 7. It's on XP Pro, if that means anything. All service packs and patches are in place.

~ J-Hook.

sky
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
beautiful photos - at what time of year were they taken?

sky

Troutman65
02-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Nice pics. Thanks for posting.:Cool:

Sierra_Smitty
02-25-2009, 03:53 PM
beautiful photos - at what time of year were they taken?

sky

The pictures with the yellow and orange aspen trees were taken in September and October but the rest were taken all through the summer months.

RQ/Real Quiet
02-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Being a frustrated artist amonst other things I'd go with
Images From the High Country" on its own line , would look more professional and not detract from your title, and would make the "photography" stand out.

Sierra_Smitty
02-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Being a frustrated artist amonst other things I'd go with
Images From the High Country" on its own line , would look more professional and not detract from your title, and would make the "photography" stand out.

Hmmm - that is what I'm trying to do but it isn't working. I totally agree with you...

I made some changes, can folks verify if Smith Sierra Photography and IMages from the High Country are now on separate lines?

Thanks again everyone!!!

J-hook
03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Hmmm - that is what I'm trying to do but it isn't working. I totally agree with you...

I made some changes, can folks verify if Smith Sierra Photography and IMages from the High Country are now on separate lines?

Thanks again everyone!!!

Now, that's the way. Much better!
Yup, it checks out fine.

YANKEES4LIFE
03-18-2009, 11:15 PM
dude those pics are beautiful. i'm going to be out there in june hopefully again and going to bring my hd camera and take some pics.

E

Trout-Slayer77
03-19-2009, 10:57 AM
awesome collection of pics you have there smitty !!! looks like some great memories