PDA

View Full Version : Bass at skinner...

largemouthlad
02-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Has anyone fished or heared were the bass are at skinner ? I heared they are in around the toolys and males looking for bedding areas. Just wondering, I might head on over there this weekend. Thanks

GdHkSet1
02-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Here was s a Skinner thread from the 15FEB. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=29538
Good luck on the LMB out there, I here the water levels there are always fluctuating.

LunkerLover
02-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Has anyone fished or heared were the bass are at skinner ? I heared they are in around the toolys and males looking for bedding areas. Just wondering, I might head on over there this weekend. Thanks Hey there. Allright ... I've been to Skinner looking for largies 4 or 5 times in the last 3 months ... I've had NO largies at ALL ... but there IS a Striper bite. As for large mouth ... they're at pre-spawn, so I'd guess the bass (if any) would be in the shallows looking for beds (4-12') and some of the larger ones are difinately DEEPER (20-60') I'd go after the deeper fatties with SLOW presented carolina rigs and patience. With the lack of sun right now, I'd hop around some oxblood, grape, or aarons magic r... If you've got a fish finder, I'd say your best bet wouldn't be tules right now, but drop-offs, dramatically changing points, and "holes..."

For the stripers, focus on the inlet area and around the dam buoys ... we got plenty o' stripers trolling anchoives and soaking earthworms. I'm NO PRO whatsover, but I'd stick to the striper bite if you're gunna go this week...

I know what you mean about the lady checking-out boats @ ramp 1 ... she's sour about something .... so is the dude that works the store there ...

fishindude
02-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Try points or shallows at Skinner. I've had luck with the bass there. I usually dropshot or split-shot with morning dawn, hologram shad, and margarita mutilator robos. Fishing slowly is the trick to getting the bass to bite.

FishingFanatic
02-17-2009, 08:23 AM
I have fished there and had great success. Skinner is tough at times and a lot of people hate fishing it. Have hooked a 11.13 there and had my buddy land it the next day on the same bed. Just like any other lake you can fish the shorelines or hit the humps with a fish finder. Bass are few far between right now and the DFG told me 2 weeks ago they had a tournament there where 1 bass that weighed 3lbs won. Talked to a guy last week fly fishing the toolies for success. Better wait tell March. This is when we landed the hog on a bed so if all goes the same they will be on their beds by then.

FishingFanatic
02-17-2009, 08:25 AM
how ya troll chovies? Had no luck there last week trolling lures but stuck 2 drifting a anchovy.

dodoman
02-17-2009, 09:35 AM
its not a good month for l.m.b. fishing.
there are rare catches, but not wide open.

largemouthlad
02-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks for all the great info guys and clueing me in a little. Sounds like Ill try the deeper structur water in the morning and hit the tules if it warms up. Another question. Have the bass been hitting on reaction baits or hard baits? thanks again