PDA

View Full Version : President Day tourny 2/15/09

CALFISHER4EVR
02-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Fished the Sunday tourney. I had arrived about 7a.m. with no line and launched quickly. I started to troll some rooster tails with no luv. I did not see much action in the whole lake (It was just too quiet for the troll) so I got to the spot and dropped anchor. I got a tip on plastic worm rigs and tried it. (Thanks for the tip, it worked.:Big Grin: I use this color and rig to start.
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/Hook-Set/P2160214.jpg
It was about 1/2 hour wait because it seemed to be slow. Next thing was WAM!! A good 1.5 lbs fish. It was not a fast bite but remained steady for the remainder of the day. We also use chart,lime green,red p.b to seal the deal until the weigh in. If we stayed all day we probably both could have limited out.
Here are some fish.
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/Hook-Set/P2150211.jpg

FISH_HUNTER
02-16-2009, 01:36 PM
:Shocked::EyePop::Shocked::EyePop::Shocked: :EyePop:

Nice going!!!!

Mondo21
02-16-2009, 02:17 PM
WTG out there. I heard it was pretty slow on Sunday. But you seemed to do pretty good. Thanks for the report. Cindy:Big Grin:

Hitts0n
02-16-2009, 04:15 PM
The reports should be coming in soon.Yours is very good seeing the fish you cought.C0ngrats !

Fisherman57
02-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Nice job out there! Congrats!
Thanks for the report and pics! Looks like it was a productive day!

BULLDOG
02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice fish and thanks for the tip.

CALFISHER4EVR
02-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the thumbs up. Those fish fought really well and the drag was zzzinging! They where launching out of the water. before I could get to the pole and set the hook. I caught two fish with busted 2lbs leader in them.:EyePop: So, maybe a 4lbs heavier leader would reduce the heartbreak of getting busted off.

Koontaj
02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Great job

I went yesterday as well and was disappointed at first. I went to santiago flats I went by the docks....natha. I noticed not to many people catching...whats up with that? Than I went to west shore, two got away. Then 2pm came by and then it started hitting. I used night c with a egg and that was the trick for me. I did get my limits...so it turned out to be a good day. :Smile:

I have a question, if you have your limits can you take somebody's fish if they are giving them to you? :Twisted:

Seng90806
02-16-2009, 11:36 PM
way to find them suckers :LOL:

CALFISHER4EVR
02-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Great job

I went yesterday as well and was disappointed at first. I went to santiago flats I went by the docks....natha. I noticed not to many people catching...whats up with that? Than I went to west shore, two got away. Then 2pm came by and then it started hitting. I used night c with a egg and that was the trick for me. I did get my limits...so it turned out to be a good day. :Smile:

I have a question, if you have your limits can you take somebody's fish if they are giving them to you? :Twisted:

INTERESTING QUESTION ABOUT THE LIMITS. If you are at a regional park you are subjected to "D.F.G REGULATIONS". If you are at the vine and you are given extra fish making more than 5 fish from yours and a friend, I would think you would have to get them off of their premises or you would have to buy another second limit pass. I would think the vine has heard the excuse for overlimits, I got the other fish from a friend" more than a few times. Anyways, that is my 2cents. Maybe ask around the network.

troutdog
02-17-2009, 08:11 PM
I know more than one person who skunked out on Sunday, very well done! I am an avid plastics fisherman and was wondering who makes the worm you have pictured in your report....thanks for the feedback and the excellent report!

TD

CALFISHER4EVR
02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
i know more than one person who skunked out on sunday, very well done! I am an avid plastics fisherman and was wondering who makes the worm you have pictured in your report....thanks for the feedback and the excellent report!

Td

i sent you a p.m.

FISHJUNKIE4446
02-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Does that rig float?

troutdog
02-18-2009, 10:08 PM
i sent you a p.m.

Thanks CALFISHER!!!

TD

CALFISHER4EVR
02-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Does that rig float?

The worms will float with a small hook and very light leader material on a "C" rig if you use floating bait with it. I slide the bait up above the worm on the line kinda making a head of the worm.
But you can use a drop shot set-up whatever works best.