PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 15FEB

Fish-N-Fool
02-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Started the day throwing the jig, fished several hours concentrating on the tules for nothing. Continued to concentrate on the tules but changed up the drop shot tried various colors MM3, baby bluegill, hologram shad, morning dawn, and oxblood for the same result nothing. This lake seems "fishy" but now I am now 0 - 3 at Skinner. My buddy convinced one to bite maybe a 2 pounder. Spoke to the fish and game people after the dissapointing day and found out a little more info about the quagga. Aparently they came from Russia. They plug up the MWD intakes however for us fishermen and women it kills a lake. The adults are about as big as your thumb nail and filter 1 liter of water a day, during this filtration process they take the nutrients out of the water which effects the plant life which effects the smaller biat fish which of course moves up the food chain, on top of that Skinner Blue Stones the lake. This may be why we did not see any blue gill or bait fish anywhere. Try try again some other day, hopefully some other lake.

Tight Lines

thepuma
02-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Nice post. Thanks for the information. I saw an episode of Huell Howser talking about the clams. They didn't mention the nutrient aspect. They just talked about the intake problems.

FishingFanatic
02-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Anchored down at the inlet last week for about 30 minutes and when I pulled up my anchor I had about a hundred of the muscles attached. Made sure I cleaned them all of before boarding the anchor. By the way dont mention DVL to the blonde lady checking the boats on the way out. She got all worked up and told me to never come back if I liked DVL that much.