PDA

View Full Version : Lanching my 14' alum@ NPH????

LunkerLover
02-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Yo..

Just got a 14' aluminum boat ... light as hell ... ready to hand-launch over at NPH ....I usually launch my float tube at 15th street OR over at the end of the street by the park ... anybody have any other launching spots for a hand-carried aluminum boat???? No trailer by the way ... it's strapped-down on top of my XTerra

Fish Dog
02-15-2009, 08:16 PM
From what I understand if you can hand launch it you can do that from any street end on the Balboa Peninsula. Most of those places will have a sign with the bay front beach regulations and it says right on them "hand launched (or maybe its "launching of") boats only".

LunkerLover
02-15-2009, 08:21 PM
From what I understand if you can hand launch it you can do that from any street end on the Balboa Peninsula. Most of those places will have a sign with the bay front beach regulations and it says right on them "hand launched (or maybe its "launching of") boats only".

thanks ... that makes sense : )

bigroxydog
02-15-2009, 08:49 PM
NPH :Cool:PCH bridge nxt to pearsons. Huntington harbor across simple green bldg. next to bridge. :Cool:

LunkerLover
02-15-2009, 09:00 PM
NPH :Cool:PCH bridge nxt to pearsons.. :Cool:

Just checked-out the Pearson's spot on Google earth ... looks great ... lotsa parking too!!!! gracias.

Fish Dog
02-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Just checked-out the Pearson's spot on Google earth ... looks great ... lotsa parking too!!!! gracias.

Only problem with that is its a private lot and the fish market, (Pearson's Port), and the kayak rental will tow you unless you're a customer. There are signs posted there regarding it being private.

Santa Fe Eric
02-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Only problem with that is its a private lot and the fish market, (Pearson's Port), and the kayak rental will tow you unless you're a customer. There are signs posted there regarding it being private.

Also, they have security patrolling this area at night now. It's pretty hard to launch here. The Police roll through as well.