PDA

View Full Version : Fin & Feather Bass Bite

SDDave
02-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Any one got any recent info on how the largemouth bite is?
I know the trout have been easy limits, My friend has been tearing it up, And I've been invited for some fishing Tuesday, I'm going to detour him for for a hours over to a brush line that in about 25 feet of water that I've dropshoted in the past, good chance of getting snowed on too, can't wait...

dockboy
02-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Fished yesterday for nada. Lots of guys were getting fish for trout, nada for us even, though we had a couple bites we failed to get on. Some were taking limits on trout, some like us got nada. Dont be surprised if you cant get a boat on the lake tomorrow...the storm is currently beginning its real push into the passes and AV. Also, if your friend does not have an inspection already performed on the boat, you wont be able to fish from it until you are past your 10 day quaratine. If he has, tell him to bring his inspection paperwork...the communications at the lake are horrible as always and we were not informed about that at our inspection.

The bass bite is slow, if not non-existent. If the weather cooperates, and you can give a full day's work, love for the humps and drop offs. I wont give specific details, sorry. Drop shotting small baits, and small jigs will be the order of the day. Remember to take your time. The fish are already in cold water and there is a cold front moving through. Youll get bites on DS, but they are typically the trout. It will frustrate the hell out of you, but if you can stick it out give it a shot. Good luck.

FISHBAIT
02-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Comeon dockboy share... JK... I hit the docks a couple of times a week I have a couple of favorites. We'll have to hit a dock together some day. I dont know anyone that is a member. I usually have to bring a friend and you know that gets expensive at $15 a day...

Fishbait

SDDave
02-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah, no idea on the bass, ok, yes my friends all locked down with his boat, they dump so much trout in this lake don't see how anyone could get the skunk, shore or boat ...

Comeon dockboy share... JK... I hit the docks a couple of times a week I have a couple of favorites. We'll have to hit a dock together some day. I dont know anyone that is a member. I usually have to bring a friend and you know that gets expensive at $15 a day...

Fishbait

So what does this have to do with the question I asked? or are you just jumping this thread?

dockboy
02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
haha yeah I know. One of the few times i have hit the trout skunk there. Like I said while fishing for bass I had them hit Robos and stuff several times but no hookups. I think we would've had fish had our powerbait not gone to ****. We rarely bait fish, as casting mini jigs and spoons generally does the job fine, but it would have helped out there Saturday. Whoever used the bait last decided screwing the lids on right wasnt that important :Evil:
Word and testament from myself is that Rapalas were slaying the fish

I really dont give away many spots lol. At least not till after the spawn and when the big girls head deeper. There are a lot of guys who pound the bass now regularly. I still catch plenty, but when you look at how and what you have to fish to catch them now vs. 4 or 5 years ago, its getting tougher. Im in college up north at UCSC but have a jr. membership. let me know if you want to join, i might be able to help ya out. tight lines.

hughpam
02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Fought the weather for a few hours today. My friend pulled up one about 2 lbs, and missed a nice one. I froze.

tpfishnfool
02-18-2009, 07:43 AM
The Fin is a very shallow lake and all it takes to turn on the lmb is a few warm days and sun. Yes small baits 3-4 inch and fished real slow will do the job. Early march the pigs will go if ya know the spots..Good luck

UFCBASS
02-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Thats not a brush line.....

Spread the word that there are no big green fish left at the fin....:Big Grin: